IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Who would pre-order ST3 ? :hihi:

So the upgrade price is only good during pre-order ? :?
Preorder is the best deal, details are here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4109
Yes I got the e-mail. But you can understand how some may be hesitant to pre-order ST3 given the length of time it's taken to develop. In fact some may even call that a pretty cheeky move by IK after all this time. I want ST3 and the $99 upgrade price is fair but I'm not buying it until it's released and available to download immediately. So will the upgrade price go up the day it's released ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I have a couple of questions to clarify transfer policy here:

Will the upgrade be tied to our current version of ST2 or if in case it somehow doe not work, will I be able to sell it as separate to someone that also has ST2?

And of course, what will the transfer fees be if that happens?

DocAtlas wrote:
MillerSam wrote:Guys check Facebook, you have the social discount (20% off). I have made it and have 20% off the price of the pre-order ;) than the price is 78.08 Euro
I checked FB; where is the discount found? I am going to pre-order this, but if I can save a few more bucks, it'd be nice.

I saw it the first time I logged onto FB but notice the next time that the post seemed to be deleted.
Seems more like it was from Fanatik than IKM specifically?

BBFG# wrote:So then... in 20 days we'll have it? 8)
By the end of July according to the info given.

jsp1979 wrote:
BBFG# wrote:So then... in 20 days we'll have it? 8)
By the end of July according to the info given.
So they missed the deadline for the middle of the year... :wink:

BBFG# wrote:I have a couple of questions to clarify transfer policy here:

Will the upgrade be tied to our current version of ST2 or if in case it somehow doe not work, will I be able to sell it as separate to someone that also has ST2?

And of course, what will the transfer fees be if that happens?
I'm more interested in the answers to this post.

I just ordered upgrade - uk, don't pay Vat (business) so it was 66 quid and in the no brainer purchase category for me...that 33gig download is get to get IKs server warm on the release day!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

surferman wrote:I was able to tweet and get the code, but the order page at ik won't take the code.
"JamPoints or coupons cannot be applied on pre-orders"
(My emphasis).
Teksonik wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Who would pre-order ST3 ? :hihi:

So the upgrade price is only good during pre-order ? :?
Preorder is the best deal, details are here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4109
Yes I got the e-mail. But you can understand how some may be hesitant to pre-order ST3 given the length of time it's taken to develop. In fact some may even call that a pretty cheeky move by IK after all this time. I want ST3 and the $99 upgrade price is fair but I'm not buying it until it's released and available to download immediately. So will the upgrade price go up the day it's released ?
As I read it:
Upgrade, pre-order price: $99.99/€79.99 (up to release date)
Upgrade, introductory price: $149.99/€119.99 (for 2 months from release date)
Upgrade, final price: $199.99/€159.99 (from 2 months after release date)
All plus 22% VAT, if applicable.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

LoopyFruit wrote:That 22% VAT is a killer, :( I'm waiting till the Upgrade is on offer in the JRR shop.
Hmm, if Scotland becomes independent AND leaves the EU, then no more VAT for you!
;)
yevster wrote:Given IK's tendency to charge for re-downloads after the initial purchase and the hefty size of the library, is it possible to either pre-order DVDs or pay a nominal charge to buy a set of discs sans license after the release?
Actually, I got the information I needed quickly enough to answer here. Two things: A) The download period starts upon registration so that's a good thing and B) We will soon be changing the sounds redownload period to be 1 year from registration.
:clap: That's good to see.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Why would anybody risk pre-ordering ST3 after all that's happened so far?
This is just crazy. You should keep the price down for the first few months. I wouldn't even buy it on the day of release, I need to see reviews, or a demo version (and obviously a demo won't contain all 33GB, so I'd sooner see reviews of it on Youtube that others have done.)

basslinemaster wrote:Why would anybody risk pre-ordering ST3 after all that's happened so far?
This is just crazy. You should keep the price down for the first few months. I wouldn't even buy it on the day of release, I need to see reviews, or a demo version (and obviously a demo won't contain all 33GB, so I'd sooner see reviews of it on Youtube that others have done.)
if you buy at this price now, then you will easily get your money back (even when factoring in the license xfer fee). this is what's making me think to take a punt, as i could make a great package deal with miroslav and the tron stuff, if i found i didn't need it

i still can't shake certain feelings with regard to ikmultimedia, but at this intro price (and given the, nearly, 8 years of good miroslav usage), it is not a bad price to pay for all the bonus material. i am not sure i need all of the extra stuff, but this presents a no-risk investment at the price-point. it is the only price-point i would take it at

If you want to save the taxes and pay less , buy it at sweetwater. They offer it also as download.
At the moment, you must buy a gift card for father day for 91 Dollar and you will get 10% extra dollar = 100,1 Dollar ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

does this work for non-US citizens?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

MillerSam wrote:If you want to save the taxes and pay less , buy it at sweetwater. They offer it also as download.
At the moment, you must buy a gift card for father day for 91 Dollar and you will get 10% extra dollar = 100,1 Dollar ;)
cool. i already looked into that, but didn't get past it being a boxed edition (delivery to europe would be an extra 50 dollars

is it self explanatory ??

can't really see where to select download version, o r why i need to get the card thing (it's offering me paypal option)

edit : found the download version :)

Return to “Instruments”