IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Sorry, but this is not clear at all: I bought ST2 XL in 2004 (first authorisation code requested on 07-16-2004, never reselled it, no transfers, always upgraded... a so-called "loyal customer" or whatever you call it). Now I don't understand what to do: if the pre-order costs me more or less 100€ (80+VAT), what about this "special offer" you promised for long time owners?!!! It's just a "jam points" bonus (this can not be called something "special")?! What I need to know is:
if the pre-order is : 80+VAT (for everyone)
what about the "special price" order for long time owners, once ST3 will be 199€: HOW MUCH, please?

I think you should be clear about that...

mhog wrote:Sorry, but this is not clear at all: I bought ST2 XL in 2004 (first authorisation code requested on 07-16-2004, never reselled it, no transfers, always upgraded... a so-called "loyal customer" or whatever you call it). Now I don't understand what to do: if the pre-order costs me more or less 100€ (80+VAT), what about this "special offer" you promised for long time owners?!!! It's just a "jam points" bonus (this can not be called something "special")?! What I need to know is:
pre-order: 80+VAT
"special price" order for long time owners, once ST3 will be 199€: HOW MUCH, please?

you can order the download from sweetwater in the states for under 60 pounds, all in (by today's exchange rate)

And to be clear, Introductory pricing is here http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4109 and I stated the bonus for longer-term users will be the max amount of JamPoints they can use on the Upgrade pricing. Preorder pricing is best, and time-limited (changes to Introductory pricing upon release in July) also explained at the link.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
mhog wrote:Sorry, but this is not clear at all: I bought ST2 XL in 2004 (first authorisation code requested on 07-16-2004, never reselled it, no transfers, always upgraded... a so-called "loyal customer" or whatever you call it). Now I don't understand what to do: if the pre-order costs me more or less 100€ (80+VAT), what about this "special offer" you promised for long time owners?!!! It's just a "jam points" bonus (this can not be called something "special")?! What I need to know is:
"special price" order for long time owners, once ST3 will be 199€: HOW MUCH, please?

you can order the download from sweetwater in the states for under 60 pounds, all in (by today's exchange rate)
I think it is not possible if you live in Europe (for brand new products), it is forbidden or smth as far as I know. So, I could even pay the VAT if I only knew this preorder offer is more convenient than the "long time owners special treatment" claimed time ago...

if the pre-order is : 80+VAT (for everyone)
what about the "special price" order for long time owners, once ST3 will be 199€: HOW MUCH, please?

Are you really surprised given the history and continuing practices of this company both by the company through their actions and the misleading information and untruths said by their representatives? I really don't know why people bother anymore to ask their representatives anything. They have no actual clout with the decision-making, don't have answers for half the things, ignore questions they don't want to answer, and seem to make a lot of the other stuff up as they go along simply to drive sales- with the disclaimer that they simply changed their mind along the way. There's been clearly misleading info regarding the free player, lies about upgrade options for all ST powered things (not only ST2.5 and Miroslav), jam point double speak and back-tracking, invasive additional mandatory software downloads when using the custom shop, ridiculous re-download and transfer fees, lies regarding extra bonuses for long-term customers...and the list goes on and on. Some people would think maybe one promise or one shady element in the way a company does things might be forgivable. But when it happens over and over again it's simply a bad company that lies to their customers.

If you have any questions you feel are unanswered, let me know here or in PM, donato. I've also covered the Sound Reactivation changes coming, too, and explained JamPoints to you clearly in the other thread. Contact me if you'd like to discuss whatever problem you have with me and/or IK or you can always use the multiple methods of contact IK makes available to you at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-us/ ... IKForm.php

However, I am definitely flattered and appreciative of your continued interest in me and IK. Thank you for keeping the conversation and interest in IK alive. :hug:

mhog wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:

I think it is not possible if you live in Europe (for brand new products), it is forbidden or smth as far as I know. So, I could even pay the VAT if I only knew this preorder offer is more convenient than the "long time owners special treatment" claimed time ago...
i am also in europe, and ordered with no issue yesterday. this included being emailed by a sweetwater rep to clarify a detail of my address that didn't enter properly.

there really is no issue

It's no problem, Peter. You can try to spin things any way you want. I just think customers deserve better and should be aware of how things really are (many already are). Good luck with everything.

donato wrote:It's no problem, Peter. You can try to spin things any way you want. I just think customers deserve better and should be aware of how things really are (many already are). Good luck with everything.
Thanks. You know how to reach me if you change your mind. I'm not spinning anything - our customers seem to be able to make up their own minds and, though you won't agree with them, many find me very helpful. I'm sorry you aren't one of those people, I'm happy to speak to you directly to try to change that if you'd like (as I said).

So I know pricing interest shows people are interested in ordering SampleTank 3, but we've posted 50+ videos and so many audio demos (including one embedded here) and no comments on those? I thought that's what everybody was requesting instead of screenshots?

I certainly haven't followed every thread on this, and I haven't seen every post on all other forms; however, from what I have seen here, new sounds are not necessarily what people were asking for. "Loyal" customers, and other existing Sample Tank users REALLY wanted 64-bit capability for their existing libraries, and a new user interface (UI) that works with modern hardware (i.e. larger screen resolution). Instead of the focus being there, and on a pricing scheme that either rewarded loyal users with free upgrades or offered a leaner stripped-down version of the new software for reduced cost, we got this: a product that is largely focused on new sounds and fx in a market that is already heavily saturated with these things--most folks here will already have much of this territory covered in other packages. This approach is especially bizarre, considering how many sounds we have already bought from IKM.

What has been released here is certainly interesting, and there are some things that do sound great, but I think it misses the mark of what has been requested for so long. If you can make money from this, without alienating too many customers, then I guess you should go for it. But I don't think this answers the majority of ST3 requests I have seen on KVR over the years. The eventual product has overwhelmingly complicated what was a simple need: provide a 64-bit product, with an upgraded UI, that I can use with my current setup and my existing IKM sounds.

:shrug:

This is the way to use your existing Powered By SampleTank sounds in a 64-bit environment (and so much more) and is being offered at a very low price point for what is offered. I am sorry if it isn't the solution for you, there may be a bit bridge solution that works in that case. We've posted information about why SampleTank 3 is the 64-bit solution for previous SampleTank users on our forum, which has been posted for months.

I understand that there are other products out there, that's almost always the case, but SampleTank 3 is much more than a 64-bit update to the line - it is a completely new full version with great sounds, effects, and features of which IK is very proud to offer at such a low price. Every product isn't for every user, so if this is not the case for you that is of course your choice and prerogative. We're very happy with the interest shown so far and hope to see more people on board between now and release and beyond. Thank you for being interested in SampleTank 3 (everybody in this thread and reading it), it is an overwhelming amount of interest and conversation and IK appreciates that.

donato wrote: Are you really surprised given the history and continuing practices of this company both by the company through their actions and the misleading information and untruths said by their representatives? I really don't know why people bother anymore to ask their representatives anything. They have no actual clout with the decision-making, don't have answers for half the things, ignore questions they don't want to answer, and seem to make a lot of the other stuff up as they go along simply to drive sales- with the disclaimer that they simply changed their mind along the way. There's been clearly misleading info regarding the free player, lies about upgrade options for all ST powered things (not only ST2.5 and Miroslav), jam point double speak and back-tracking, invasive additional mandatory software downloads when using the custom shop, ridiculous re-download and transfer fees, lies regarding extra bonuses for long-term customers...and the list goes on and on. Some people would think maybe one promise or one shady element in the way a company does things might be forgivable. But when it happens over and over again it's simply a bad company that lies to their customers.

talk about hitting the nail on the head!!!

well said/written... sir!!!

:tu:

Now two things are clearer:

(1) Those who bought ST or any Powered by SampleTank product for a discounted price are not qualified (in my opinion this is right, otherwise it would be unfair for those who bought it full price).

(2) The "special price" for long term users will be more or less the same of the 80€ pre-order offer (so, this is right, too IMO: the "loyal ones" who could not upgrade it now, can however do it later for about the same special low price).

Now, one thing I don't understant:

what if I irder it from an american dealer (without VAT). I receive a serail or smth? And will IKM accept it without overpricing it (because I live in Europe)?

Sweetwater has called me to make sure I understood I'm probably looking at receiving my pre-order in mid-August at the earliest. And they don't seem to be too sure if IKM will meet that time frame either. :shrug:

Return to “Instruments”