IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

mhog wrote:Now two things are clearer:

(1) Those who bought ST or any Powered by SampleTank product for a discounted price are not qualified (in my opinion this is right, otherwise it would be unfair for those who bought it full price).

(2) The "special price" for long term users will be more or less the same of the 80€ pre-order offer (so, this is right, too IMO: the "loyal ones" who could not upgrade it now, can however do it later for about the same special low price).

Now, one thing I don't understant:

what if I irder it from an american dealer (without VAT). I receive a serail or smth? And will IKM accept it without overpricing it (because I live in Europe)?
Just to correct #1 - See above, this is NOT correct, just misinformation being spread for whatever reason (some agenda or something, as it seems as I've cleared it up multiple times but it keeps getting pushed by people aggressively anti-IK in an angry way).

For the other question, I can't speak to dealers charging or not charging VAT but aside from that the download version is a download version serial which will open up the downloads in your User Area once registered (scandal- and scam-free!). Boxed versions would require shipping of course.

BBFG# wrote:Sweetwater has called me to make sure I understood I'm probably looking at receiving my pre-order in mid-August at the earliest. And they don't seem to be too sure if IKM will meet that time frame either. :shrug:
PM me your rep's information. They know and they should be sure. As stated here, July for downloads and we will be shipping boxed versions later and August is setting the correct expectations (not over- nor under-promising).

BBFG# wrote:Sweetwater has called me to make sure I understood I'm probably looking at receiving my pre-order in mid-August at the earliest. And they don't seem to be too sure if IKM will meet that time frame either. :shrug:
yesterday you did not seem to concerned with the mid-august date...

question... what changed?

:tu:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
PM me your rep's information. They know and they should be sure. As stated here, July for downloads and we will be shipping boxed versions later and August is setting the correct expectations (not over- nor under-promising).
my rep at sweetwate said the box version had an ETA of Aug 7...

we are at a point... does it really make a differents...

personally... i would work on my "chops" so that when ST 3 arrives... i am that much better... in other words... i do not need ST 3 to better... that is up to me... right?

:tu:

RLSguitar wrote:
RLSguitar wrote:
Burillo wrote:but they're still bundles, with discounted prices for XL/Miroslav licenses. no?
They are larger bundles, specifically eligible for this preorder pricing, and I already stated it has nothing to do with "discounted prices" of anything within the bundles.

rlsguitar - About making a case, state why you feel it is unfair I suppose. I have no idea, since it seems ineligible even from what you posted you may be right.
I don't expect anything to happen, but I did reply and state my case with support. Though your forum posts where vague about upgrade price qualification and the ST3 release announcement did lead me to believe that all ST2 XL licensees would qualify for the upgrade price. So in my case, not all ST2 XL licenses are equal...
Edit - Composer Trio included SampleTank L not XL so I don't know what happened in your situation but the bundle was supposed to contain L not XL.
Thanks Peter, you are correct, my bad... However, support has recognized I do have an XL license (I have several licenses of ST2 products from various sources) and is honoring the upgrade price for me. I'm a "happy camper" now. Thanks!
Looks like you may have missed this, SFD, so FYI here's the resolution to that "scandal"

To: Peter-IK Multimedia..

I have but two questions.

1. When, exactly, in July will ST3 be released? Even a ballpark guess (early July, Mid July...etc) would be useful.

2. If IK Multimedia misses the deadline (particularly July 31), will my pre-order payment be cheerfully refunded if I choose to cancel at a missed deadline?
On a number of Macs

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:This is the way to use your existing Powered By SampleTank sounds in a 64-bit environment (and so much more) and is being offered at a very low price point for what is offered. I am sorry if it isn't the solution for you, there may be a bit bridge solution that works in that case. We've posted information about why SampleTank 3 is the 64-bit solution for previous SampleTank users on our forum, which has been posted for months.
Peter, can you get some info on the process needed to replace ST2 in existing projects by ST3? What do we need to do to get the instruments, FX chains and their control settings into ST3?

Also, does ST3 have the same Send and Master FX routing as in ST2.5?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:This is the way to use your existing Powered By SampleTank sounds in a 64-bit environment (and so much more) and is being offered at a very low price point for what is offered. I am sorry if it isn't the solution for you, there may be a bit bridge solution that works in that case. We've posted information about why SampleTank 3 is the 64-bit solution for previous SampleTank users on our forum, which has been posted for months.
Peter, can you get some info on the process needed to replace ST2 in existing projects by ST3? What do we need to do to get the instruments, FX chains and their control settings into ST3?

You would need to import your instruments and COMBIs into SampleTank 3 and migrate your tracks to it. You can see how the FX routing works on the MIX page: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sa ... tank-3-mix

Weasel-Boy wrote:To: Peter-IK Multimedia..

I have but two questions.

1. When, exactly, in July will ST3 be released? Even a ballpark guess (early July, Mid July...etc) would be useful.

2. If IK Multimedia misses the deadline (particularly July 31), will my pre-order payment be cheerfully refunded if I choose to cancel at a missed deadline?
We don't have a specific date, I'd say realistically we'd love it to be out July 1-2 (exactly mid-year) but mid-month would be safer and of course end of month is the cutoff. In the unlikely case that delivery of your serial (yes, the one that allows you to download it from your User Area once registered, just to make sure we're clear on this "scandal") doesn't happen during July due to multiple IK-targeted global meteor strikes, a zombie apocalypse, or something else you'd be well within your rights to request a refund and they would honor it.

Whew! :dog: And...whoa! :o This is going to be interesting to watch, as it unfolds. Please don't misunderstand my sentiments; I have no ill-will towards Peter or IKM here, but this is like navigating a minefield. I wish you all the best of luck...really...but I am still on the fence about this. I don't feel ripped off, or scammed, or anything like that. I just feel like this is creating unnecessary complications and bad blood all around. Is it worth this? Why not release JUST the software (player) at a low price, or free, and allow people to purchase sounds as they go (the "Custom Shop" approach)? This appears to be taking the business model into the opposite direction of what has seemed to work well for AmpliTube and T-Racks.

Clearly, some existing customers ONLY want a new UI with 64-bit. What is the harm in providing that option? :? Taking an adversarial approach to customers is a weird strategy :ud:

As a thank you for the choir of voices singing about SampleTank 3 I have been asked to share the vocal audio demo Mr Rudess had done for us too, in video form here but also available in our audio demos at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sa ... nk-3-audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxi3Ab3Z9d8

DarkStar wrote:

You would need to import your instruments and COMBIs into SampleTank 3 and migrate your tracks to it. You can see how the FX routing works on the MIX page: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sa ... tank-3-mix
Thank you. I'll continue this in the IK Multimedia forum thread as it seems more relevant there.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:So I know pricing interest shows people are interested in ordering SampleTank 3, but we've posted 50+ videos and so many audio demos (including one embedded here) and no comments on those? I thought that's what everybody was requesting instead of screenshots?
I've really enjoyed the videos and audio demos. I think they show a nice cross-section of what ST3 can do. I expect to pre-order before the end of this month, just waiting on my next pay.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

Hi Peter

Thanks for answering questions here,

I would like to see Sonik Synth 2, Miroslav Philharmonik, SampleMoog, and SampleTron in action using the ST3 engine, are there any videos?

LoopyFruit wrote:Hi Peter

Thanks for answering questions here,

I would like to see Sonik Synth 2, Miroslav Philharmonik, SampleMoog, and SampleTron in action using the ST3 engine, are there any videos?

So would I. Also, Peter, can we import multiple combis into ST3? In ST2 you can only have one combi per instance (unless I'm mistaken).

How long or how many times can a user download ST3 from their user area? What is the cost of redownloading it once this time period, or number of times, is up?

Return to “Instruments”