IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

DarkStar wrote:^^^^
I think that it would be useful to see which of these 3 loaded FX is the one whose controls are displayed. Perhaps highlight one of the 5 switches?

Also, can I add that Amp FX to another instrument?

Going back to the "Single Coil STR2 Neck 2" the big [FX] button is clicked to show the 8 controls. Those controls have the same names as the list of 8 macro names. So are they in fact the Macro controls or are those 8 knobs the ones assigned to the Macro controls? If the latter, can the assignments be changed / added (one thing I sorely missed in Sonik Synth 2).

Separate question - where will the Multis (previously known as Combis) be stored? Alongside the instruments (that is, in the sounds library) or in the program installation folder (as for ST2)? The former is infinitely preferable.
You can see the name of the loaded effect above the buttons and you can get much more in detail with the effects in the mixer section. Also, you surely can use the amp (and any other effects) on whichever instrument you like. This part of the GUI indicates that there are 5 insert FX per which can be quite powerful.

The Macros are pre-programmed so they cannot be changed. They don't necessarily refer to just one effect (in fact, they hardly ever do) but they did in the case of the Strat 2 instrument pictured.

All SampleTank 3 objects are stored in the same disk path with separate subfolders for Multis, Instruments, Patterns and Imported Samples.

OK, I need to have a closer look at the Mixer view
;)
Last edited by DarkStar on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:OK, I need to have a cloer look at the Mixer view
;)
I'll see what I can post on that front. In the mean time...

Here's a classic organ from SampleTank 3 - a 4-drawbar sound great for rock, blues, and more. Add our popular rotary effect and control of macros like key click and more, and this is a very versatile and powerful organ sound:

Here's another organ for you (there really wasn't a way to state that where it would come out quite right!) - Anybody know which combo organ this models? Here you see it in SampleTank 3 and with a great overdrive effect that I'm pretty sure can be identified by quite a few of you... Image

"Light my Fire" ... ;)

(and I reckon that the Overscream is in the third FX slot)

Given that a lot of the GUI is devoted to the instrument image, I hope that the width of the left-hand instrument browser is changeable and that detailed descriptions of the instruments can be provided.
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Given that a lot of the GUI is devoted to the instrument image, I hope that the width of the left-hand instrument browser is changeable and that detailed descriptions of the instruments can be provided.
That image only shows when you click the "INFO" button. Otherwise, you will see the instrument slots, volume, pan, level meters, etc.

That's fair enough - I was wondering about more detailed info being presented in the GUI alongside the instrument image :)
Last edited by DarkStar on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inspired by ...

For those unfamiliar with this organ, here are a couple of examples:
96 Tears
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7uC5m-IRns

Cover version of "Light My Fire":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWeBBGK_bcA

From Facebook for those not interested in social media: Here's a pump organ from SampleTank 3 - quite a nice interesting antique piece. Named for the way it is operated, not for any use or association with the album "Pump" by Aerosmith. Anybody use a pump organ? Any examples of what songs or pieces use pump organ?

Also features a CSR reverb model in the insert FX as you can see.

...and we do have another organ to show you, too. We showed you a classic B3 from SampleTank 3 previously, but what similar model is this? How can you tell?

The Rotary effect is shown here too, as that is simply a perfect match for these organs.

Here's a video demo of SampleTank 3 organ, to break up the screenshots a bit. Hope this helps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1hRHPE1Kok

Sounds awesome~ thank you Peter.

How long after main product release should we expect the free/player version ??

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:How long after main product release should we expect the free/player version ??
There is no plan to release a free/player version upon release, and we have no proposed date or set plan for what the future will hold for one at this time.

How about a Pipe Organ? Cheesy electronic organs don't interest me.......... :hihi:

I see Synth Pad and Voices categories on the screenshot. How about something from them ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”