IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

No problem I'll let you know what I get when I get it. Hopefully soon!

RLSguitar wrote: Hi Peter,

For efficient use of my Win7 x64 DAW computer resources, I keep all my sound libraries, presets and samples on a secondary drive from the OS and programs drive. Will this be possible with ST3 or is the folder structure strict? Will I be able change the location of these folders within the ST3 structure to my sounds drive? I don't mind if it requires editing the registry but it would be great to be able to keep samples and presets on a separate internal drive.
Oh yes, moving your sound library is straightforward (pointing to the new location in the preferences is really all it takes). I will surely be doing the same or similar, as I keep my sample sets on an external hard drive myself.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
RLSguitar wrote: Hi Peter,

For efficient use of my Win7 x64 DAW computer resources, I keep all my sound libraries, presets and samples on a secondary drive from the OS and programs drive. Will this be possible with ST3 or is the folder structure strict? Will I be able change the location of these folders within the ST3 structure to my sounds drive? I don't mind if it requires editing the registry but it would be great to be able to keep samples and presets on a separate internal drive.
Oh yes, moving your sound library is straightforward (pointing to the new location in the preferences is really all it takes). I will surely be doing the same or similar, as I keep my sample sets on an external hard drive myself.
Awesome, thanks! I've already purchased the upgrade, had to sell some VSTs but no regrets. Looking forward to ST3 as my main virtual instrument for creating and recording my music. My main instrument is guitar, actually and ST3 I'm hoping is all I need for filling out the instrumentation and background sounds.
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

Glad to hear and I think you'll get good use out of SampleTank 3 for those needs.

Also glad to see quite a few KVRians on board with the SampleTank 3 preorder already, and though some are still not a fan of IK (or "IK reps" as I've seen) so here's an audio track (Funk Rock by Jordan Rudess) in their honor and with sincere thanks + hope that the future is more positive once SampleTank 3 is released:
https://soundcloud.com/ikmultimedia/loo ... -fullsongs

Also glad to see quite a few KVRians on board with the SampleTank 3 preorder already, and though some are still not a fan of IK (or "IK reps" as I've seen)...
personally... i am not a fan of Burger King either... but if i can get two Whoppers for the price of one... i can look past my dislike of Burger King... same exact way i feel about ik mulimedia... i.e ST 3 for $90... i could look past my dislike of ik multimedia and their reps!!!

:tu:

RLSguitar wrote: I will surely be doing the same or similar, as I keep my sample sets on an external hard drive myself.
Are you not a Beta Tester ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
RLSguitar wrote: I will surely be doing the same or similar, as I keep my sample sets on an external hard drive myself.
Are you not a Beta Tester ?
I'm not using a finalized full sound set during the phases of testing (instruments need to be tested in a certain way too), of course I have it and am testing it. I will reinstall the final version (including its sound set) upon release, at that time I'd want to have installed the final version that everybody else does and will put it into my real work flow in that form for use across any of the recording setups I use. /scandal averted again ;)

neverenoughfunk wrote:
Also glad to see quite a few KVRians on board with the SampleTank 3 preorder already, and though some are still not a fan of IK (or "IK reps" as I've seen)...
personally... i am not a fan of Burger King either... but if i can get two Whoppers for the price of one... i can look past my dislike of Burger King... same exact way i feel about ik mulimedia... i.e ST 3 for $90... i could look past my dislike of ik multimedia and their reps!!!

Aw, shucks. Sorry you don't like us/me, but happy that KVR offers you the opportunity to say so at every opportunity. If you'd like to discuss it directly, the offer stands as always.

For those unaware of the preorder deal, you can find details at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4109

Aw, shucks. Sorry you don't like us/me, but happy that KVR offers you the opportunity to say so at every opportunity.
that is not true at all... i think i have been "BANNED" 4 to 5 times for expressing my opinions of ik multimedia and their reps...

but i do conclude... that i have gotten my point across... but their was a price to pay... i guess... no blood... no foul!!!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: /scandal averted again ;)
Shields down Captain Kirk..........no "scandal" implied......... :wink:

I thought if you weren't a tester that would explain why you couldn't answer some questions about functionality that have been asked during the pre-hype period.........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: /scandal averted again ;)
Shields down Captain Kirk..........no "scandal" implied......... :wink:

I thought if you weren't a tester that would explain why you couldn't answer some questions about functionality that have been asked during the pre-hype period.........
What questions were not answered? Note that while testing, some functionality may appear to work a certain way (like when the articulation panel wasn't moving on the platform I was using but it was intended to be moveable and was subsequently fixed) but of course I need to verify with the team before answering in order to be accurate. Nice little jab there too, but again - if a question wasn't answered or at least not to your satisfaction please let me know, and I hope my explanation at the beginning of this message helped explain why I'd verify answers first (not to mention the extreme picking apart of every statement that will typically happen here with regard to any ST3 information, so one would expect I'd answer as officially and cautiously as possible).

neverenoughfunk wrote:
Aw, shucks. Sorry you don't like us/me, but happy that KVR offers you the opportunity to say so at every opportunity.
that is not true at all... i think i have been "BANNED" 4 to 5 times for expressing my opinions of ik multimedia and their reps...

but i do conclude... that i have gotten my point across... but their was a price to pay... i guess... no blood... no foul!!!

I'm not a moderator here, so that's not my on IK or its reps at all and my offer still stands. I'm available if you'd like to discuss any problem you have with me or IK directly. :tu:

not to mention the extreme picking apart of every statement that will typically happen here with regard to any ST3 information, so one would expect I'd answer as officially and cautiously as possible.
i have a question... what would you expect? you and the ik multimedia rep team have been announcing ST 3 for years now... maybe 4 years... i do not think "extreme picking apart of every statement" started 4 years ago... but 3 years in... the BS level raising become noticable... which in return... individuals start seeing past the BS... and start looking for facts/answers in "every statement" that did not exist....

in order to understand... you would have to take off your ik multimedia rep cap... and put a customer base cap on...

neverenoughfunk wrote:

I'm not a moderator here, so that's not my on IK or its reps at all and my offer still stands. I'm available if you'd like to discuss any problem you have with me or IK directly. :tu:
not saying that you are moderator... just pointing out the statement "happy that KVR offers you the opportunity to say so at every opportunity." is not correct... why? because the times that i was "BANNED" i still had a ton to say!!!

Since the other acoustic guitar was so subdued here is another slightly more perky audio demo:
https://soundcloud.com/ikmultimedia/st3-nylonstring1

Return to “Instruments”