How many virtual drum instruments do you own?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

How many drum VIs do you own?

8%
10%
16%
9%
13%
6-10
18%
11-15
6%
16-20
5%
21-25
4%
26 - All of them
4%
Fish
8%

Total votes: 158

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I own 4 or 5, but the best one I use is the Core Kit from vi-elements. It is made up of 30 instruments. (5 kicks, 5 snares, 5 toms, 10 cymbals, 2 rides, hi-hat, cowbell, gong) Even if you have all the great drum libraries, there will still be something about the Core Kit that makes it a must have. The 4 zone, 9 layer hi-hat comes to mind. Check it out at www.vi-elements.com

More than enough. Battery is still great. And so is BFD Eco. The underrated FPC (Fl Studio only and free for Fl Folks) has lots of kits. And for synthetic things -> Drumatic (old free version) plus EXD-80 (also free)
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

cryophonik wrote: :help:
You are not alone. I try to keep it down myself, just out of good manners if nothing else.

However.

FXpansion seem to rule my life.

I recently got Tremor working after nearly a whole year

Drumatic? Maybe so.

I'm loaded to the gills.

I recently had a brush up with BFD Eco. I've got half a dozen kits there too. All good stuff.

I won't buy more now.

I'm a big FXpansion fan obviously.

I'm just doing a new expander for Geist, with a new skin, it's centred around an Ensoniq theme. Exclusive for ya..

I have everything I want and more. Recently I was impressed by the Groove Monkee extras that had FPC from FLStudio to be included.

I would love to get Nerve. It looks mighty sick. Not a big Dead Mouse fan, but I like him as a person, and I also really respect Steve Duda. The price is steep, but it looks worth it. Maybe some day...

For now, Drumatic and Attack hold the day. I have every drum machine and thing by FXpansion so far in the modern era. That is pretty much where my loyalties lie.
They can be a bit cold at times, but when prodded you usuallly you get a response. Even if it is Tremor taking a year to get sorted out.

I think that that was probably a bad example. But I have more products by them than anyone else, so...

But you will find LinPlug and also Native Instruments in my Drum folder.

I'm an FXpansion Fan Boy. I don't tell them, obviously, but... yeah, I've got a bit of a sweet spot for them...

I have five. But my favourites are the Drum Racks in Live and Session Drummer 3. I don't feel I need another drums especially when I upgrade to Live Suite or/and Sonar Producer :-) Well, I might buy some kits for Session Drummer (they are very good and cheap) and I might buy some Rock midi grooves, although I have tons in Studio Drummer, but using the grooves which are done by professional drummers is like hiring one! 8)

When in Live, I use mainly Drum Racks and when I'm in Sonar I use mostly Session Drummer or SI Drum Kit, which I was surprised by how nice it is sounds! Sometimes I use SD3 and SI DK in Live as well.

For the 'polished' acoustic drums I use NI Studio Drummer but I'm not using it as much as the others.

The fifth is Groovy Agent One that comes with Cubase Elements. It has nice kits but I can't use it outside Cubase.

While we are on the subject, I can't suggest groove monkee enough:

The fact that they added extra presets for FPC was a major bonus.

I only bought it for the FXpansion BFD Eco stuff.

Massive loop collection that also includes mappings for my ADM CM machine. It might be restricted to one Drum Machine (606) but the fact they include extra samples makes this one a winner for me.

Got 15. And made one more.

Anyone can own ADM if they buy a copy of Computer Music.

Its kicks are solid. And despite its convoluted patch management (that doesn't get any better by buying the full pluggy) it is as solid a drum tool that you will ever find.

Yes, the main kit is supposedly 606, but that is just an option. The 'idiots' give away a full bank and more of really exceptional drum samples. You would hardly want to touch the 606 stuff.

The samples that CM include with this are worth getting, alone. The fact that it comes with a very good 606 Kit on top is just the icing on the cake.

My apologies for totally hijacking this thread. I feel shameful.

Oh well. No more from me. Delete as appropriate.

:-)

Zombie Queen wrote:Got 15. And made one more.
Do say. Good lady.

I use three (Jamstix 3, BFD 2, & Superior 2) regularly, I didn't list any of the Kontakt drum libraries. After reading other posts, I realized I should have included Battery & Stylus RMX too.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

Surprised I'm the only one in my category [25], so far. I don't own ALL of them, but I probably own MOST of them.

All the FXPansion stuff, XLN, Slate, Toontrack, Jamstix, Drum/Kitcore....then throw in the Komplete products--Battery, Damage, Studio Drummer, Abby Road (5 of them), Evolve, Mutations 1 &2, West Africa, Balinese Gamelan, Maschine Drum Selection...then go over to Sonic Reality where I bought most of their catalog, including the Studio Profiles, Drum Masters and Ocean Way Drums, not to mention the R.A.W. platinum package.

In addition, of course, are the drum kits and capabilities within Kontakt 5, HalionSonic2, Groove Agent SE (the one that comes with Cubase), FLS, Sampletank 2.5XL (plus all the IK drum addons), and last but not least, Reaktor 5.

I happen to play several instruments well, but drums is not among them. Which is why I feel compelled to get the best help I can in that area.

Also, like many, the rhythm track is usually the creative starting point for me. So the more interesting I can make it, the better the final results.

YMMV, of course.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Heres a list of stuff I bought and sold. Some of it i still own and some of it I wish I still owned.

*edited*

Oops for some reason I saw virtual instruments. :oops:
Last edited by V0RT3X on Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

It's a bit embarrassing

superior drummer plus a few add ons
ez drummer (that was first, upgraded) and no current add ons
stylus rmx
steven slate drums plus one add on
battery 3 and 4 (komplete)
studio dummer (komplete)
the sonar stuff (uninstalled on this computer)
the ableton stuff and included packs with suite (no add ons currently)
maschine (currently not installed) and a couple of add on kits.

A ton of crap but maybe not as much as some.

hibidy wrote:It's a bit embarrassing

superior drummer plus a few add ons
ez drummer (that was first, upgraded) and no current add ons
stylus rmx
steven slate drums plus one add on
battery 3 and 4 (komplete)
studio dummer (komplete)
the sonar stuff (uninstalled on this computer)
the ableton stuff and included packs with suite (no add ons currently)
maschine (currently not installed) and a couple of add on kits.

A ton of crap but maybe not as much as some.

Let it out brother.

u are used to being embarrassed, that's true. Dat.

Then again, what a brother want to know:
WTF are u doing playing about with that shit anyway.

We always had you down as a gitar player.

Then again, it always goes to show:
u never can tell...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoDPPgWbfXY

Linplug RMiV

it used to be CM505 but RMiV adds sampled kits in addition to CM505's drum synth engine, a midi pattern player and more pads
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:Linplug RMiV

it used to be CM505 but RMiV adds sampled kits in addition to CM505's drum synth engine, a midi pattern player and more pads

Now it is just a majorly sick drum machine.

I could out beatbox anyone in the world with these tools.

Return to “Instruments”