Eisenberg Einklang is a joke?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this is a real joke. the sound is really, really terrible: thin, boring etc. the basses are very weak i think because of the resynth engine but i really dont care why tbh - i can't understand how someone would pay for this crap. i think 99% of free VI are better then this. as i understand this "company" get money from EU. i think that's the reason why they exist. unbelievable lame stuff. beware!!!!
Last edited by murnau on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

:roll:

And you apparantly get money to dumb it down.
Or you're feeling bored and just want to attract some attention (beware, you might attract a ban. Beware!!!).

(I'm sorry I fed this troll)
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Timfonie wrote::roll:

And you apparantly get money to dumb it down.
Or you're feeling bored and just want to attract some attention (beware, you might attract a ban. Beware!!!).

(I'm sorry I fed this troll)
not really, this is a board for plugin aficionados - i can praise, i can say beware and eveybody can discuss my opinion in this thread. if you dont like a true word (of course always subjective what else?) , or you simply not able to prove me wrong you better move on and troll elsewhere. :roll:

ps. got money.. :lol: :dog:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

If I understand this correctly, this synth is using some kind of "synth models" instead of a typical oscillator/filter etc. combination? So if the models are not very good, the resulting sound will not be very good.

Btw. I hear the first time of this synth.

yep thats right, maybe it's of some use if you feed another osc with it? ..but as a stand-alone synth i found it very,very weak. i would go so far to say this is the faintest VI i had in my DAW ever.

It's not the most versatile of synths, but it has something going for it. The whole premise - of three separate "sounds" which you can merge between (and automate) is interesting - to me at least. The modulation is quite limited, and this is where it falls down in my opinion - but this is probably due to limitations of the sound engine / modelling going on.

What I will say is, I think it's quite overpriced. The "RGB" tone packs are $29 each and the synth $39 - or all in a bundle for $99. I think a fairer price for the bundle is $69.

As for the black & white packs at $89 each? No chance. I'm sure these sounds aren't three times better than the RGB ones, so why three times the cost?
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

murnau wrote:the sound is really, really terrible: thin, boring etc. the basses are very weak i think because of the resynth engine but i really dont care why tbh - i can't understand how someone would pay for this crap. i think 99% of free VI are better then this.
As I understand it, it was intentionally made to sound different from other synths. They're soon releasing an emulation of the Doepfer DS-404 and that will probably be a better one to judge against other VSTi's that emulate analog synths.

+1 to OP

I tested it and I was very disappointed. Sounds completely dull.

mcnelson wrote:It's not the most versatile of synths, but it has something going for it. The whole premise - of three separate "sounds" which you can merge between (and automate) is interesting - to me at least.
just in case you dont know: Plex2 from Wolfgang Palm - sound much better and free, x64 also http://plex.hermannseib.com/

CableChannel wrote:+1 to OP

I tested it and I was very disappointed. Sounds completely dull.
I have to agree too. Tested multiple times since the very first version and very disappointed while generally the idea behind it is interesting.

The actual synth is just too limited. Not even any option to modulate/animate the morph triangle, exept if you use extenal modulations. i think a 2-D envelope like e.g. in Synthmaster 2.6 (or in Wavestation and Prophet VS) would be nice.

My Wavestation (both hardware and software) or the Prophet VS in Arturia Prophet V is lots more fun and they also do sound better.
Also tried to use the vectors stick of my Wavestation EX with the morph triangle of einklang but it is not possible to use it properly. They should really think about changing the triangle to a mix of 4 sources.

it is nice that they lowered the price of the basic version of Einklang but even with that i did not really want to buy it. Some of the expansions seem to be very expensive compared to the basic version of the synth.

Overall Einklang looks more like a "proof of concept" for their technology than like a full featured synth.
murnau wrote:
mcnelson wrote:It's not the most versatile of synths, but it has something going for it. The whole premise - of three separate "sounds" which you can merge between (and automate) is interesting - to me at least.
just in case you dont know: Plex2 from Wolfgang Palm - sound much better and free, x64 also http://plex.hermannseib.com/
From Wolfgang Palm I got for example both the free Plex2 and PPG Wavegeberator for PC which are many more useful than Einklang and IMO the also sound better.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Uncle E wrote:They're soon releasing an emulation of the Doepfer DS-404 and that will probably be a better one to judge against other VSTi's that emulate analog synths.
Do you mean the MS-404? I love the sound of that thing.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Yeah, same feelings here. At first it sounded interesting, but when I tried it I found it just boring and limited. Simplicity gone primitive.
The whole thing sounds like a totally abstract, academic, non-real-world-inspired idea to me.
I can easily imagine the wording that sold it to some EU committee. ;-)
Selling it to musicians will be much much harder...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: The whole thing sounds like a totally abstract, academic, non-real-world-inspired idea to me.
Exactly this!
I can easily imagine the wording that sold it to some EU committee. ;-)
Selling it to musicians will be much much harder...
And this makes me sad, as I can imagine how the EU shells out tons of money for these kind of projects. Just bloated application documents with "rocket science" academic wording which nobody at the EU understands, and because they are so impressed they give the money.

So this is the Eisenberg Uncertainty ?

Err sorry that's Heisenberg............ :dog:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Oh ya. I blame the f**king EU.

Return to “Instruments”