Eisenberg Einklang is a joke?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Slarti wrote:.
So the people in the Eurozone are paying relatively more for it than people elsewhere. . :uhuhuh:

(Should be permitted to pay in dollars too!)
That's european taxes for you. Everyone does it; if you live in europe you pay VAT on the purchase; if you're outside europe then you don't. Paying in a different currency doesn't change that.

It's a welcome update, but noticed the installer doesn't prompt for the VST location and just installs into the Program Files directories by default. Not a big deal to move the DLL, but should be considered.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote:That's european taxes for you. Everyone does it; if you live in europe you pay VAT on the purchase; if you're outside europe then you don't. Paying in a different currency doesn't change that.
We get the money back by not having to pay for healthcare :wink:

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the patents yet

Numanoid wrote:
mcnelson wrote:That's european taxes for you. Everyone does it; if you live in europe you pay VAT on the purchase; if you're outside europe then you don't. Paying in a different currency doesn't change that.
Speak for yourself ...

It's, after housing, the biggest part of the monthly cost of living here! :-o

Numanoid wrote:
In which paradise do you live?

In Germany we have to pay between 150 and 650 EURO (depending on the income) health insurance every month! :o

mcnelson wrote:noticed the installer doesn't prompt for the VST location and just installs into the Program Files directories by default.
Hi Mcnelson,
you can change the vst location by hitting the browse button in the installer window.
Best
Gunnar
We do the Math - You do the Music!

Slarti wrote:.
I saw that the dollar and Euro prices are the same... So the people in the Eurozone are paying relatively more for it than people elsewhere.
Hi Slarti,
Thanks for your feedback. The net prices in dollar and euro are almost the same. The difference is just that in the EU you have to list the price including VAT in the US you display the net price. If you live in the US and buy Einklang or any other product in a shop there will be taxes added on top of what is written on the price tag.
So if we as a company sell to an US or EU customer doesn't matter, we'll always recieve more or less the same net amount of money (depending on the change-rate).
Best
Gunnar
We do the Math - You do the Music!

EisenbergAudio wrote:
mcnelson wrote:noticed the installer doesn't prompt for the VST location and just installs into the Program Files directories by default.
Hi Mcnelson,
you can change the vst location by hitting the browse button in the installer window.
Best
Gunnar
Thanks - must have missed it :dog:
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Tricky-Loops wrote:]In which paradise do you live?

In Germany we have to pay between 150 and 650 EURO (depending on the income) health insurance every month! :o
And I who thought Germany was paradise :D

In Norway we pay nothing directly if we don't go to a doctor, but pay up to €260 per year if we do, over that the bill is covered by the state.

Dentist on the other hand you have to cover all of yourself, a root canal or crown and your wallet is toast :(

EisenbergAudio wrote:Hello Board,

My name is Gunnar, together with my wife Jenifer we’ve founded Eisenberg Audio. First of all, thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated although some of it comes in rough words.

I thought a little while, if we should enter the discussion in this thread, because I definitely don’t want to sound like being on a bazar and talking people into buying Einklang. But maybe some of you are interested in some background information that I’d like to give to you with this post.

Funding
We are a company of three full time workers and four more freelancers. The hot development phase of Einklang started in 2010. Einklang spins off from a research activity at the Technical University of Berlin. That is the AIST (Artificial Intelligence Studio Technology) which is a set of Matlab Scripts doing all kinds of analysis/synthesis functions in the MIR field (Music Information Retrieval). The idea was to build a new simple synthesizer based on these algorithms. That is also where the funding comes into play. It is the EXIST Scholarship (exist.de/exist-gruenderstipendium/). This is a program that pays one year of research transfer to develop a commercial product. This is decided by a committee and you have to get proposed for it from the University where the research was performed. The application involves several screenings, so it is not the one lonely guy pitching in front of some EU commissioners without technical knowledge and returning home with pockets full of money. And by far not the whole development of Einklang could be covered by this scholarship.

Morph Automation
The built in modulation of the morph triangle is a much requested feature and it is of course on our to-do list. With every update we try to incorporate the most wanted features and a big one for version 1.2 has been the preset browser. So it is not that we are lazy on incorporating this feature but we have to follow the right prioritization.

Tone Packs
Building the Tone Packs is very much work, because the training of the AI models can be hell sometimes. This btw is also the reason why we can’t offer the option of loading your own samples for now. It would frustrate users most of the tries, believe me… The sound designers building the tone packs are freelancers and when you buy one of the tone packs you pay them for their work. The premium tone packs Black and White contain three times more information than the RGB packs giving you a broad variety in terms of dynamics and pitch diversity. That is why they took so long in developing and that is why they are more expensive.

From day one, Einklang has polarized and some people like it others hate it. That is okay as Einklang is supposed to be different. Therefore we provide easy access to a demo version so everybody can judge if this is his piece of cake or not before buying. We also have introduced a low price basic version. This opens the doors for people to try it in detail and choose if the expansion packs are interesting.

Again thanks everybody for their feedback and double thanks to our supporters. We appreciate your support and we keep on working hard to improve Einklang and create other interesting products for you. As it already has been mentioned in this threat… yes, we will be releasing a new synthesizer called VIER this summer. This one will be a more traditional synthesizer but also incorporating new ideas of workflow… And users of Einklang can get it for a reduced price...

Cheers
Gunnar Eisenberg
:clap:
VERY cool reply.

Tricky-Loops wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

Everyone wants in our country. Here there is everything for nothing. Food, housing and money. :cry:
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

bring on that new synth <3
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

Numanoid wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:]In which paradise do you live?

And I who thought Germany was paradise :D

In Norway we pay nothing directly if we don't go to a doctor, but pay up to €260 per year if we do, over that the bill is covered by the state.

Dentist on the other hand you have to cover all of yourself, a root canal or crown and your wallet is toast :(
If you need a dentist, fly to Germany because dentist treatments are included in our health insurance - but you have to pay additional fees for tooth cleaning and fillings which can cost several hundred Euros (even 1,000 Euros if you have a few fillings). I still have my old cement fillings since more than 12 years because I cannot afford new fillings...the drilling is gratis, but the fillings are expensive... :x

PietW. wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

Everyone wants in our country. Here there is everything for nothing. Food, housing and money. :cry:
[Irony-ON]Yes, Munich is one of the cheapest cities in Germany![/Irony-OFF] :x

Sendy wrote:I don't like the model this synth uses. Normally new creative avenues are opened up by learning new techniques, serendipity and general creativity. In this synth, however, the only way to get new avenues is to buy expansion packs.

If you think about that for a second, it almost becomes political. As technology gets more advanced will we see more of this kind of paradigm, creativity being farmed out to the machine, the inconvenience of having to turn knobs and find synth settings replaced by a quick payment?

I dono, it just doesn't sit well with me.
Have you looked at the world of casual games lately? No need to develop skills or a strategy to win a game, just keep making micropayments. :x
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”