Eisenberg Einklang is a joke?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dformd wrote:
EisenbergAudio wrote:Hello Board,

My name is Gunnar, together with my wife Jenifer we’ve founded Eisenberg Audio. First of all, thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated although some of it comes in rough words.

I thought a little while, if we should enter the discussion in this thread, because I definitely don’t want to sound like being on a bazar and talking people into buying Einklang. But maybe some of you are interested in some background information that I’d like to give to you with this post.

Funding
We are a company of three full time workers and four more freelancers. The hot development phase of Einklang started in 2010. Einklang spins off from a research activity at the Technical University of Berlin. That is the AIST (Artificial Intelligence Studio Technology) which is a set of Matlab Scripts doing all kinds of analysis/synthesis functions in the MIR field (Music Information Retrieval). The idea was to build a new simple synthesizer based on these algorithms. That is also where the funding comes into play. It is the EXIST Scholarship (exist.de/exist-gruenderstipendium/). This is a program that pays one year of research transfer to develop a commercial product. This is decided by a committee and you have to get proposed for it from the University where the research was performed. The application involves several screenings, so it is not the one lonely guy pitching in front of some EU commissioners without technical knowledge and returning home with pockets full of money. And by far not the whole development of Einklang could be covered by this scholarship.

Morph Automation
The built in modulation of the morph triangle is a much requested feature and it is of course on our to-do list. With every update we try to incorporate the most wanted features and a big one for version 1.2 has been the preset browser. So it is not that we are lazy on incorporating this feature but we have to follow the right prioritization.

Tone Packs
Building the Tone Packs is very much work, because the training of the AI models can be hell sometimes. This btw is also the reason why we can’t offer the option of loading your own samples for now. It would frustrate users most of the tries, believe me… The sound designers building the tone packs are freelancers and when you buy one of the tone packs you pay them for their work. The premium tone packs Black and White contain three times more information than the RGB packs giving you a broad variety in terms of dynamics and pitch diversity. That is why they took so long in developing and that is why they are more expensive.

From day one, Einklang has polarized and some people like it others hate it. That is okay as Einklang is supposed to be different. Therefore we provide easy access to a demo version so everybody can judge if this is his piece of cake or not before buying. We also have introduced a low price basic version. This opens the doors for people to try it in detail and choose if the expansion packs are interesting.

Again thanks everybody for their feedback and double thanks to our supporters. We appreciate your support and we keep on working hard to improve Einklang and create other interesting products for you. As it already has been mentioned in this threat… yes, we will be releasing a new synthesizer called VIER this summer. This one will be a more traditional synthesizer but also incorporating new ideas of workflow… And users of Einklang can get it for a reduced price...

Cheers
Gunnar Eisenberg
:clap:
VERY cool reply.
+1

:clap:
Indeed, a VERY cool reply !

Numanoid wrote:In Norway we pay nothing directly if we don't go to a doctor, but pay up to €260 per year if we do, over that the bill is covered by the state.
Wow! I pay that every month for my Obama Care, plus I still have to pay a co-pay at every doctor visit. Dentistry is not included in that, I get my teeth cleaned when I visit my family in Asia. I pay market rate there which is less than the co-pay I'd pay if I had dental insurance.

@Okay, but Norway has great natural resources and only 5 million people. Little wonder.

Dazed Veins wrote:@Okay, but Norway has great natural resources and only 5 million people. Little wonder.
just in case, i'm wondering if Finnmark might be a good place to discover (like Alta especially) i'm curious to visit the polar circle once in my life..!

I'm loving Einklang . . . the sound . . . the simple, yet powerful interface . . . the innovative approach. The Tone Packs provided me with a great staring point from which to create.

tommyzai wrote:I'm loving Einklang . . . the sound . . . the simple, yet powerful interface . . . the innovative approach. The Tone Packs provided me with a great staring point from which to create.
Now i know how Sheldon must feel.. Sarcasm?
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

got the CM version

it needs LFOs and enveloppes and that thing that Logic's scupture can record the x-y performance
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

realmarco wrote:got the CM version

it needs LFOs and enveloppes and that thing that Logic's scupture can record the x-y performance
+1

You're right IMO, ...and the current LFO is almost unusable musically talking, at the most part of it range (way too slow)

To record the morphing's travel, though (unlike Sculpture), it cannot work polyphonically in the peculiar type of synthesis AFAIK , seems an excellent idea (with few options like : loop, forward-backward loop and speed)

BTW the only difference feature-wise in the different versions is the monophonic option added in the last update (assuming the CM version hasn't been updated too)

Hi forum,
hi admins,

I stumbled across this thread and I must admit that I feel ashamed. Ashamed of some people who obviously have completely lost their manners and ashamed of the admins that they keep it up at all. Even the title is unbelievable. This thread was opened for one sole purpose: to destroy somebody elses work. There are other threads around kvr with a very negative tone but this thread just blows over the top.

I got the cm version of Einklang and wanted to discuss some with like minded people but this thread upsets me too much. There is the other thread where people discuss much more productively and civilized:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=369484

A few more words to the guys at Eisenberg: I am stunned on how calm you react to these brainless negative posts. Not only your product is called Einklang but also yourselves seem to have reached a form of equilibrium (what the name obviously stands for) :-D

Keep up the work, after all this controversy for me (and probably many others out there) Einklang is a very helpful tool. There are some feature requests that I have but I’ll rather pm them to you after this… :-/

And to the admins: please consider pulling this thread down… it is insulting. The other thread I've mentioned is also controversial but much more productive.

Best
Joe
Last edited by JoEfI on Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

That's a pretty high horse for someone with 4 posts under their belt. :roll:

Einklang fanboy...

That, unfortunately, is what some will say of him.

Le Sigh.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

cubanoid wrote:That's a pretty high horse for someone with 4 posts under their belt. :roll:
LOL, says someone with 27 posts...

JoEfI wrote:Hi forum,
who has a commercial interest in keeping newcomers with fresh ideas down?

New devs with good ideas are cheered at and supported here!

And big well established companies are bashed if they deliver crap.

It all depends on the PRODUCTS they deliver! Are they good or bad? THAT is important!

I tested Einklang and I found it lame. Apparently, others did as well. Come up with good products and you will get cheering.

Mama!!!!! :cry:

That thing sound pretty lame! Most freeware sounds way better! Sorry that we hurt your feelings (or the feelings of the other mostly +5 posts members suddenly praising Eisenberg).. :lol:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Guys,
as I said, I came here do discuss some improvements I have and some feature requests for Einklang. That is why i did the forum search for it.
I'm by far not an Einklang fanboy.
It just got me upset how some interact.
For me that's all.
J

Return to “Instruments”