Dang, I love Izotope's Iris

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Harmor Iris 2

I think a lot of people, myself included at one point, miss Iris' point. It's got nothing incredibly new in the world of synthesis and upon my first time listening to demos and reading the specs I thought, "Oh, between Poseidon and Alchemy I've already got this synth."

Then I demoed it. What's brilliant about it is the interface and ease of use. It's fun to work with. While that might not seem like a lot, it can often be the difference between using a synth every now and then and using it often. To me, on a type of sound that I like to use sparingly, (as these types of synthesis are to me) that becomes important and is why I picked up Iris. It's not only just fun to play, it's fun to play with.

Hey Izotope, you can use that as your tag-line if you give me all your expansion packs for free. :lol:

I've not used Padshop Pro, but at a glance I can see that I could probably do the same thing with Alchemy. Of course, Padshop Pro might have it's own charm and make it a synth worth having. It's a bargain at $80... but I can't for the life of me figure out why you'd really bring it up in a thread about a Spectral Analysis synthesizer.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Totally agree with you Zerocrossing. The ease of use makes it a total joy. It doesn't feel like a science project. So easy to audition layers of samples and mess with LFO'S, FX, and then hit the spectral analysis.

Yeah, I really hope that alchemy 2 offers a serious upgrade to the spectral editor. It's extremely clunky and cumbersome compare to iris.

What is the copy protection of Iris? Dongle?

If not, how many machines can one licence be installed on, one or more?

Numanoid wrote:What is the copy protection of Iris? Dongle?

If not, how many machines can one licence be installed on, one or more?
It's either challenge/response or iLok. I have it installed on three computers using c/r.

For those who migt be interested, I just shared here on Kvr nine soundscapes for Iris, derived from originally recorded choir samples and field recordings. Hope you enjoy. Any feedback is very welcome :-)

I agree, this synth doesn't get enough kudos.
Its great for unique and interesting sounds.
:D

masterhiggins wrote:Yeah, I really hope that alchemy 2 offers a serious upgrade to the spectral editor. It's extremely clunky and cumbersome compare to iris.
I asked about that too, but was told at the time by Ben, that probably wouldn't be part of 2.0
One can still hope though. 8)

Return to “Instruments”