What Synths will set you Free???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mwalthius wrote: Those of us who work this way have plenty to show for it. I have a lifetime dedicated to becoming the best keyboardist I can possibly be. That's what I have "to show for it". Not to mention an evening spent doing something I love.

You raise some very valid points, and have a very good sound argument. No doubt about that.

But take a step back.

You would be pretty pissed off when I walk into the room, all fingers and thumbs, unable to play at all, and blast you out of the way. You would. You would be upset. With an attitude like that. Music is not something anyone can put in the bank. I should know. I bet I practised longer and harder than you. Didn't do me much good. But then again, I am just crap.

You know, there are musicians who can play Rakmaninov, note perfect. There are mad junkie bus drivers that should be sectioned and can't play a note. We all have our time and place. This is not a criticism or any kind of value judgement on you. It is just a little nod of the Buddha's head to remind you to have humility. To repair. To take a step back. And I didn't even think you were being arrogant. Every line in your argument makes sense. You are perfectly balanced. But there is balance and there is balance.

I'm probably sounding a bit unbalanced myself now, so I will shut up.

I either made my point or I didn't.

mwalthius wrote:I don't know what possibly makes you say these things.
Here's a person who claims that when you're “just playing” you're not creative, but when you play the very same bit you were “just playing” later on and record it, it is creative.

I can imagine what makes a person say things like this, but I'd get a warning from management if I said it.

farlukar wrote:I can imagine what makes a person say things like this, but I'd get a warning from management if I said it.
I don't think you should get this far and actually create a problem of this...The Management should give me warning on a calm topic on here??? Are you on Drugs? Has anybody disrespected anyone in here??? Even me and Mwalthius are still talking in a normal Human manner...i hope you are ok. I find it weird and funny for you to go this far as Management giving warnings to people on this topic...or you actually have nothing else to do and starting provocations on here to turn this topic into a War too? Please?
Me and you know VERY WELL that people on here DO get my point, if my english is not so good sometimes it is still understandable to make a point...somebody trying and pretending to be stupid is not my problem but i know most people get my point. Squeezing and Twisting my words and arguments its another thing. Go on without me on this topic...and i am also not a Lady to apologize or ask for apology from anyone.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

I think it does come down to being whatever the beep anyone wants to call themselves.

There are a number of different, and differing(!), ways to look at being creative, whether being a sound designer or a musician or a loop player.

Thought I was going to mention Umpaloompas.....:hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Of course Trimp.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Return to “Instruments”