What Synths will set you Free???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Of course it's all up to personal preferences. I have literally dozens of synths but that doesn't mean I use them all on a regular basis. But if I get stuck it's nice to know they are there ready to spark inspiration...... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I tend to find that inspiration doesn't come from the tools themselves very often. They come more from external (non-musical) ideas, things people say, books I've read, art that I stumble across, accidental experiences that stick in my head and roll around in the mire there for a while and pop out as something else. The input is usually not obvious from the output.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

I had to omit a ton of synthesizers from my life because i had so much overlap..

After a while virtual analog doesn't cut it and you start wishing you invested in a real VCO based analog synth.
:borg:

I must admit that I'm feeling lost with too many possibilities, too. I don't have THAT many commercial synths (but tons of free stuff) but I need (too?) much time to decide which synth I should choose for my projects. But then I'm a pretty impatient person, anyway, who is constantly trying something new instead of learning all possibilities of ONE synth...

V0RT3X wrote:After a while virtual analog doesn't cut it and you start wishing you invested in a real VCO based analog synth.
word
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

I wish they manufacture controllers that are identical to the soft synths. Something like Monark and Razor controllers with the same colours and design without keys.
Now this would boost my inspiration, workflow and production :-) Naturally they would be my most used synths and I might just need another one or two!

Wow! what nice to imagine such controllers, the same size of my mpk mini with beautiful colours and different knobs size to match the original design ... etc, are sitting in front of me on the desk! Keep dreaming!

All i want is a Diva in a Hardware, not a controller but a nice Mooglike machine...uuhhh...
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:All i want is a Diva in a Hardware, not a controller but a nice Mooglike machine...uuhhh...
How about this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDiOi7VwpNs

At 20-25000$ i don't think its worth it. That's a real ARP260, CS80, MS20, TB303 and probably an Ashtray for me.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

I personally would love to own a good condition Alesis Andromeda. But man if i won the lottery i would buy a schmidt or 8 Moog Voyager RMEs ... it's a tough call

here is some more information about it and sound demos

http://www.emc-de.com/index.php?option= ... temid=143/

"Ye shall know the synths, and the synths shall set you free" ~ Basari 3:16

:D
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

I tend to think in terms of another medium and the metaphors they bring back to this one.
Transparent; translucent; interference; fluorescent; opaque. Values and mixture of neutrals and primaries. The basic three (or four if you know your chemicals). The foundations of preparation and texture. The final numerous finishing mediums. And the tools of application in all their various conventional and unconventional invention.
I'm speaking of paint and painting of course, but it all seems to apply for me.
I love the idea of simplicity, but it's more in techniques of application than in limiting the stock at hand...
Still, you only need three primaries, two neutrals and a finishing fixative to complete a picture. :)

V0RT3X wrote: After a while virtual analog doesn't cut it and you start wishing you invested in a real VCO based analog synth.
That's hilarious........... :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Can't see DIVA working as a hardware controller. What happens if Urs adds another module? Do we send them all back to be rebuilt?

Anyway DIVA set me free after a year of owning it I started to really understand how synthesis works far more fun making your own sounds. DIVA is just soo simple but has plenty features to last a lifetime. Now I understand Zebra noly just found out you can copy any hardware synth waveform into Zebras bank of waveforms Doh. ACE and Bazille still baffle me but I like their workflow its more of a fun way to build a sound I wish DIVA had patch cables.
Last edited by Kaboom75 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:38 am, edited 4 times in total.

I just can't see how having more synths would make you less productive unless you are easily distracted and have difficulty focusing.......... :shrug:

I've lost count of how many times over the years a new synth patch has inspired a new piece of music....... :tu:

I know what sounds all my synths are capable of making. It's easier for me to use the right synth for the job than trying to make one synth do everything half arsed........

For example a hardware VCO synth no matter how expensive isn't going to make the same sound as an FM8 Layered with Alchemy and Wusikstation........

Some people still equate "synthesis" with a Saw wave through a Low Pass Filter when in reality synthesis is a whole wide world of sonic possibilities......... :)

Return to “Instruments”