Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
polyIblit

Voted.

Many great tracks this time... wow!

Cheers Björn

H-man wrote:
satYatunes wrote:It would be nice to hear your story though. Do you have the same DAW? I see two are listed and H-Man mentioned New DAW in his comments so assuming you didn't. So was it basically midi files that you guys kept working on. Another thing that I always wonder is the mixing. How did you manage that part?
In short, we did it all with email and an account on 4Shared (Online storage). I think we both found this to be quite workable.

As mentioned I'll put together some concise notes and add them here in a day or so. Stay tuned.
Satya, I asked H-man to explain our story, because I believe he'll be able to give a more detailed portrait of how we managed to work together during this crazy month. :ud:

Also curious to read what he's going to post here. :hyper:
Last edited by animehaus on Sat May 03, 2014 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great effort with the collab guys, that can't have been easy for a first time with different DAWs and especially if there were tech issues as well. :tu:

And thanks to Animehaus for clearing up how to vote for collabs and get a new rule about it so there's no confusion and potentially unfair voting in the future.

Voted.

Nice tracks, guys. And that collab came out crazy good.

As always, if anyone wants any constructive criticism of their tracks, feel free to PM me.

Side note: that bookmarklet worked for all the tracks this month (and made my voting time easier); hooray!

just dropping by to say that I had a quick listen to some of the tracks, and I'm frankly blown away by what you guys managed to do with a synth like polyiblit - some really, really amazing wizardry going on indeed.

shame I can't vote this time around though, but I'll surely listen to all tracks and leave some comments as well :)

Voted.

z.prime wrote:Side note: that bookmarklet worked for all the tracks this month (and made my voting time easier); hooray!
Works very well. 8)

Some notes I made while listening, more will follow soon as I go through them. Please note these are just my opinions, you don't have to agree with.

Orboscope - Skypiercer - Polyiblit - A well structured song with nice melody and all usual ingredients that a Trance track can possibly have. Full of energy and dance-able, very club worthy. IMO the track could have used some more low-end to complement the energy exudes by the all high-frequency materials. Overall an enjoyable track.

H-man and Animehaus - Os Terráqueos (TheEarthlings) - The way it started and the way it ended and everything in between is superb.

DzAH - New Old (OSC 62: PolyIblit) - Not sure how you will take it, but throughout the track I kept visualizing tom & jerry :-). Just play it while watching an episode, you will know. May be an unusual feedback, but I meant it in a good way.

z.prime - We Can Overcome - Master of Dubstep is back with another awesome track only this time it's not full on dubstep. It's like playing hide and seek with dubstep, sometimes you hear it and sometime you won't. I kept bobbing my head throughout the track and it's a not a good thing.. not at workplace at least :-D. Enjoyed entirely. No complaints.. sound design, mixing, etc.. it's all good.

Skyzone - electro flames ( polyiblit ) - It never happened that I listened to Skyzone's track and it didn't take me to another world. Thank you for maintaining that consistency, it's not easy. I would love to see you venture into another style/genre one day.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

VOTED

BK1 (TinCanTelephone) voted.

@V'ger - Thanks for your kind words! And yes, it's been really a challenge, too many new things to deal with within a short span of time. :hyper:
And glad to be able to help on that collab voting issue. :tu:

@z.prime and @satYatunes: Thanks, guys! :hug:

VOTED!

Thanks for a great experience - really interesting listening to all the submissions - some real talent in there - some sound so polished - lots to learn about mixing!

The comments have been really helpful in knowing where to work next time. This group is a really positive bunch!

I'm actually a singer & play guitar mainly but have always been interested in electronic music. I have a number of synths and have tried a Pro tools, ableton, Cubase etc but didn't really get it together other than live recording until I downloaded Reaper and a bundle of VST. Then I found OSC and KVR and suddenly everything has fallen into place. Now have some inspiration and the right tools!

Hmmm - VOPM .......

Kraftraum - Rotation 20 (Rosetta, ready to go) - It's better than Kraftwerk. Main melody line is awesome.

Quaoar - Secret Weapon - A very good song with lovely arps, chords, etc. Only thing it lacks is power, some of it could have been achieved by careful mixing. Some variations in repeat sections could have done wonders. Overall volume level is low.

Yeager - Close...But No Sitar - Powerful and energetic from the beginning.. intro arp is good.. kick is one of the best I have heard so far.. Title kind of confused me :-D another interesting thing to note is the category that you have selected for your track; "music".. no edm, pop, rock shit just plain and simple music, that's what it is and that's what it should be.

terebellum - Rose Mosaic Virus (PolyIblit) - Nice ambient track, loved the intro. Bell sound is really nice and there is lot of variations in it. Background string sounds and progression is really nice. This part of review you may not like but the bell sound throughout the track kind of put me off. Sometimes using the same notes but different sound in another section makes a track more interesting. Mixing could have been better.

Hot In The Loft - Nice groove with lot of madness thrown into it in a good way. I must say that it's unique in its own way.

TinCanTelephone - It's Raining Again (OSC 62: PolyIblit) - You have got a very good beat (excellent snare btw), bass and an equally good melody. Repeating the same melody line didn't help the track. Overall a nice track but lacks in mixing and sound design dept.

JKF Flashico - Relife - Believe me, the track is very nice with excellent arps, beats and a catchy bassline. Only issue that I see is there is no breathing space for each sound that you have used.

cytoSonic - Fly, Fly (polyIblit) - A well composed tune, love the accordion sound. A perfect fit for old movie.

BlitBit - Dr. Poly & Mr. Iblit - Kick is awesome, pretty good intro, especially the arps, lead towards the end is also nice.

Photonic - calm down - Great track with nice structure, flow, mixing and sounds. Good job.

Pulse Width Modulation - The Spanish Captain - I am blown away by the sound design. Well played, sounds like a real guitar. Another observation is it's backed by really solid background sounds like accordion, etc. I salute to the Captain :-)

pedalsteeldrummer - Superbad - Lovely brass, horns backed by super cool groove. Funky. Bassline (or arp) that comes towards the last part takes it to another level.

Loris DS - Usurper - Great sounding Dubstep track.

Ricler - Echoes Of A Supernova - One instance, nice chords. The structure is kind of new to me. Each part fades in and out. Almost 8 mins length doesn't help the track. Some variations in later part of the track would surely keep listener's interest.

flipm1967 - UnderwaterDance - Nice synth and bell type melody. Some variations in the bassline would have been great. Mixing could have been better. Nonetheless, a good track.

New kids on the block - sarmile - Very good bass in the beginning. Ended abruptly.

ballacr75 - the game is going to start - Fun track with very good rhythm and structure.

Full Bucket - polyBlitz (OSC 62 - polyIblit) - Full of energy, nice arp, bassline and beats. Owwaau bass was nice a touch. Synth melody towards end is really really good. Ultimate climax.

Spidergod - Dark Space - OSC 62 - Soundtrack while travelling through galaxy. Sorry, I try to visualize when I listen to music and that's what I felt when I listened to this, as if I am travelling through the galaxy. Nice job.

DoctorBob - MoreCheezePleeze - (OSC 62 PolyIblit) - Nice Jazzy tune, enjoyed it. One complain though, the pad in the background has lots of aliasing/resonance. It was very prominent around 1:30ish.

Shortmanb - Still going (OSC Polylblit) - Interesting tune. Really love the bass, it holds the low-end very nicely. Arps, pads, etc. are all good.

Overall experience:
Well done everyone. Good variety as usual. There are some really good tracks out there with pretty good feel, structure, melody, chords but many of those seriously lacks in mixing dept. A careful mixing would have taken those tracks higher.

Disclaimer:
I am not a pro musically nor I am trying to teach anyone anything here. The comments are based on what I felt when I listened to the track. Some technical flaws that I pointed out are based on my experience. Please don't be sad or angry or feel bad, these are just my opinions you have full right to disagree with it. Still if it matters a lot then let me know I will edit and remove my comments for your track.

Good luck to all.

*Voted*
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Nice with the track reviews 8)
BK1 wrote:BK1 (TinCanTelephone) voted.
Ideally the file name and KVR nick should be the same so we know the entry is legit and people know which submission post belongs to which track etc which is why the rule:

File name format: Artist - Track Title where artist name is the same as KVR nick.

Return to “Instruments”