omnisphere! criky damn this synth is just no words awesome.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1

over / under on OP wanting to sell Omni is six weeks ...

experimental.crow wrote:over / under on OP wanting to sell Omni is six weeks ...
He's been told about Glorous Guitars, have you factored that in?

AstralExistence wrote:it took about 3 hours to install but think it was shorter (not sure how long it really took cause i kept coming back to check on the progress and change disk) i played one note the first bassy arp patch and knew right away that this is the best synth i ever heard in my life since 2003 when i first started writing music. as i went through the patches, i could feel my heart beating faster and i could hardly talk you could hear the excitement in my voice.

i asked my moms opinion of the sound quality and she said, "wow! its so clean and flawless. i never heard anything like that before" omnisphere is simply incredible. the patch library is just perfect. the only time i ever heard such pristine quality was when i bought a yamaha cs2x my first and only hardware synth which i only kept for 3 days before returning to software. poor example, buts its all i could come up with. every patch is flawless and done by a professional. i could go on for another 4 paragraphs but i wont. ill simply say if you don't own this synth, and have invested tons in other vstis your just wasting your money. and if you think different, if you think your huge vsti collection can hold a candle to omnisphere well then you never used/owned this synth.
But do you have Trilian yet? That's where Omni gets really fun.

i really don't understand how spectrasonics got omnisphere cpu so insanely low. it uses like nothing. and the sounds are more complex then anything ive heard in my life. i have no idea other then they are experts in dsp code :shrug:

AstralExistence wrote:i really don't understand how spectrasonics got omnisphere cpu so insanely low. it uses like nothing. and the sounds are more complex then anything ive heard in my life. i have no idea other then they are experts in dsp code :shrug:
The majority of the strength of Omnisphere is in layering and effects, not DSP trickery.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:it took about 3 hours to install but think it was shorter (not sure how long it really took cause i kept coming back to check on the progress and change disk) i played one note the first bassy arp patch and knew right away that this is the best synth i ever heard in my life since 2003 when i first started writing music. as i went through the patches, i could feel my heart beating faster and i could hardly talk you could hear the excitement in my voice.

i asked my moms opinion of the sound quality and she said, "wow! its so clean and flawless. i never heard anything like that before" omnisphere is simply incredible. the patch library is just perfect. the only time i ever heard such pristine quality was when i bought a yamaha cs2x my first and only hardware synth which i only kept for 3 days before returning to software. poor example, buts its all i could come up with. every patch is flawless and done by a professional. i could go on for another 4 paragraphs but i wont. ill simply say if you don't own this synth, and have invested tons in other vstis your just wasting your money. and if you think different, if you think your huge vsti collection can hold a candle to omnisphere well then you never used/owned this synth.
i dunno dude, i just want one huge synth that does it all. i thought halion sonic 2 was the answer but i discovered that the presets kinda sucked, it was very awkward to use, it was not at all easy to tweak, and the built in effects blew, there was no randomize, there really was not that many presets to begin with, the modules were just scripted halion modules, it sounded like crap, and preset library was extremely dated. all these things are exactly what i want in omnisphere.

AstralExistence wrote:

i dunno dude, i just want one huge synth that does it all.
Well that's the thing. The Trilian sounds load in Omnisphere and then you can make patches with soundsources from both. The Trilian synth sounds are the best I've monosynth sounds I've heard in software.

AstralExistence wrote:

i dunno dude, i just want one huge synth that does it all.
Well that's the thing. The Trilian sounds load in Omnisphere and then you can make patches with soundsources from both. The Trilian synth sounds are the best I've monosynth sounds I've heard in software.
ill remember that. but i still have two more easy payments to pay it off. i actually just found out about the 3 easy payment with no credit check. it is the best thing since sliced bread. makes it easy for people that don't have much money to buy high quality gear :D so when omni is pad off, i may just consider it, but why? surely nobody is going to notice the musical difference/element space that trilian provides over omnisphere.

AstralExistence wrote: surely nobody is going to notice the musical difference/element space that trilian provides over omnisphere.
If you do decide to look into, you'll realize just how how wrong this is. They are completely different. The bass/monosynths in Trilian are something special but only 1/3 of the picture. There's also lots of electric bass guitar and acoustic/stand-up basses. Using these sound sources in Omnisphere does indeed change things quite a bit.

I just want my Atmosphere back. Don't really have the horsepower machine wise I think to get a lot of out of Omni. Hate that Atmo no longer works under win8. Makes me want to downgrade haha.

shadoe42 wrote:I just want my Atmosphere back.
Agreed! It absolutely deserves to be its own product, particularly when it would probably be in the price range of Trillian (hopefully lower). Atmosphere was a great library at a much smaller size.

Anyway, I still have my old Spectrasonics Distorted Reality libraries for those kinds of sounds. They're even smaller and they work great in Kontakt.

edit double post
Last edited by Neon Breath on Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Deja vu-thread with exactly the same comments as we've read in all these other Omni-threads before.
EDIT: but to be fair, the thread intro is pretty funny :)
Well that could be applied to pretty much like 75% of the threads then.

‘’Best reverb plugin? Best delay plugin? Best pitch shifter plugin? Best sound mangling plugin? Best analog emu synth? Best bla bla bla…’’

:hihi:

I don't think there is a point in discussing such issues. When Omnisphere sounds so fantastic to someone, I am happy for them. It is like with women, some women simply appeal to a guy, others don't. But that doesn't mean they are in any way worse. It is a matter of type, taste or whatever you want to call it.

If I were a pro musician I might buy such an expensive plugin as well. The good thing about plugins like Omnisphere is that they sound great out of the box, so they are ideal for musicians who need to get things done quickly and in a professional quality. Hobbyists often spend way too much time programming patches on mediocre synths...

The difference is like with basses: you can buy a 300 dollar bass made in an Asian factory. You tweak the controls of your combo to get a good sound out of it, and it does the trick. But when you get a 3000 dollar Music Man bass, you plug it in and have that huge sound you know from countless records and it sends a shiver down your spine :)

AstralExistence wrote:
ill remember that. but i still have two more easy payments to pay it off. i actually just found out about the 3 easy payment with no credit check. it is the best thing since sliced bread. makes it easy for people that don't have much money to buy high quality gear :D so when omni is pad off, i may just consider it, but why? surely nobody is going to notice the musical difference/element space that trilian provides over omnisphere.
Really, and who does that?

Return to “Instruments”