omnisphere! criky damn this synth is just no words awesome.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1

Fact 1. Omnisphere is sold from time to time used on the Market place. Problem is even used it's overpriced and becomes NFR if you're buying it.
Fact 2. Omnisphere apparently got the first two posters into a orgasmic frenzy (And in at least one case, to completion).. ;)
Fact 3. Omnisphere WAS...
(and until it does something to maintain an 'is', it is resting on its laurels.

Hey, other synths have done it (and still are), so that doesn't necessarily mean it will be dead forever.

I would much prefer to come to one of these threads and read programming banter of the Omnisph than what more often happens. For me, trying to get more information and less hype is the only reason I open these threads. (And for the most part, sorry I did).

I enjoyed the laugh at the beginning, the rest is as pointless as always.
Enjoy.

BBFG# wrote: I would much prefer to come to one of these threads and read programming banter of the Omnisph than what more often happens. For me, trying to get more information and less hype is the only reason I open these threads. (And for the most part, sorry I did).
Then encourage input from owners and don't START by whipping out your wiener and waving it around the place.

The real fact is, by your own admission, you don't actually know what the firsthand experience of owning and using Omnisphere is so your input is just bowing smoke and stirring up trouble, and then you complain because someone stirred up trouble and didn't soberly lay out the argument for shelling out hundreds for Omnisphere.

Make up your mind about what you are really after before you post in these threads.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

A.M. Gold wrote:I seriously don't know who raves about Omnisphere (I certainly don't rave about it, but I like it). Maybe ghettosynth will elaborate on that,
Naw, I'm bored, and after reading my own excellent previous postings on the subject, I've decided that I don't want to invest the energy.

A.M. Gold wrote:I have no understanding of what the point of this comment is.
I don't mean no disrespect to you but if you knew what Omnisphere is you would totally understand my point. Omnisphere is a collection of sounds from VST Instruments and Hardware, something i do on a daily basis. On their website also listed is EVERY synth and VST they used to create Omnisphere.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

A.M. Gold wrote:
BBFG# wrote: Omniheads have the unfortunate tell where the synth is raved about but rarely discussed for its inner workings.
A chord was played, an orgasm followed.
Sounds like a commercial to me.
Either that or he is jerking both our chains and we both fell for it.
no im not. it is without doubt the best sounding, best presets i have ever heard in my entire life.

im going to go actually write some music and finish a song, which i haven't done in 4 years. don't really care what others think of my huge praise. it was sincere to the fullest. l8.

BasariStudios wrote:
A.M. Gold wrote:I have no understanding of what the point of this comment is.
I don't mean no disrespect to you but if you knew what Omnisphere is you would totally understand my point. Omnisphere is a collection of sounds from VST Instruments and Hardware, something i do on a daily basis. On their website also listed is EVERY synth and VST they used to create Omnisphere.
Worst ever definition of Omnisphere so far. Congrads. :)
"when you have nothing to say - shut up." -A friend of Luc Besson

AstralExistence wrote:don't really care what others think of my huge praise.
Well, don't post it here then, keep it to yourself.

Focus on making music, instead of making fanboi threads everytime a synth wet your pants.

it is obnviously one among a very few that rules the market but unfortunately i'm in difficulties to find it a main, central role in my (modest) productions, probably because there's no bred ands butter philosophy in it conception and therefore more obvious to use it for sparse instrumental touch here and there into my arrangements

Some factory presets though (Glorious Guitar for instance, to name a famous one) are by far,among the most beautiful sample libraries i've ever heard...

People like this patch a lot, it's very playable, try it out if you haven't already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZcnkJml5r4

I love Omnisphere and occasionally stumble across a sound and think, I've heard that before in a song. In fact, I just used one.
I was thinking last night, since it seems we'll NEVER get an Access Virus VST. And since Powercore is discontinued, with no replacement in sight, and Omni already has Virus samples in it----
If Access licensed it's entire waveform library to Spectrasonics whereby they could make a 'Mini-Virus' expansion pack, would you buy it?
How much would you be willing to pay?
I think the Moog one was $100.00, so what if they wanted $300.00 for it.
Would it be worth it to you?
Say, there was a HUGE update with a screaming Virus like arp feature and all the bells and whistles.
I think I'd be wanting that very badly.

gassle wrote:Worst ever definition of Omnisphere so far. Congrads. :)
Just by saying that you proved that you are not even at my level to talk to me about anything...worst definition? Enlighten me please.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:
Just by saying that you proved that you are not even at my level to talk to me about anything...worst definition? Enlighten me please.
Q: "So how would you define Omnisphere as a synth"
A: "Omnisphere is a collection of samples from hardware and software synths, and even I can do that"

Hmmm.

Kind of missing any kind of reference to its synthesis capabilities, which are fairly extensive. Probably not as 'worst' as

A: "Its in a box"

but it kind of misses the point a bit, Im sure. Non-owner here, no dog in the race and all that. Arf.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

BasariStudios wrote:
What level is that, please enlighten me. :roll:

BTW, Omnisphere is a synth which also comes with samples of weird acoustic instruments, vintage synths and creative soundsources that are created with the equipment you mentioned, so you can use them as oscillators instead of traditional synth waveforms. Oh, looks like Spectrasonics also sampled some mics and effect processors and recording gear. Great! I love the samples of those mics! :clown:
"when you have nothing to say - shut up." -A friend of Luc Besson

Return to “Instruments”