Imitone -- wow! Most embarassing post I ever started

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

don1thedon wrote:Good to see you here Evan, you will get good feedback from users here.
You have mail ... & good luck with the project.
Don
+1 ... tough crowd, but a good tech savvy tough crowd... :P ... will def. get some good feedback from KVR users... Off to order a key, curious to see what sort of control I can get with whistling, pre-filtering, pre-vocoding, etc. :tu:
You need to limit that rez, bro.

interactopia wrote:barryfell -- that's an interesting one. Follow this procedure and we can diagnose it:

(instructions pertain to 0.5.0, will not be pertinent to 0.5.1 and up)

----------------------------------------------------------------
To capture a sample, hold the "C" key while interacting with the program.
Audio will be recorded while the key is held, up to a maximum of 30 seconds.
You may re-play the audio by pressing the R key.
The recorded file may be retrieved from the following location:
On Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\interactopia\imitone beta <version>\capture.wav
On Mac: [right click imitone app -> show package contents]\Contents\Resources\capture.wav
----------------------------------------------------------------
Sent. :)

Has anyone been playing with this?

I'm having some trouble getting much useful MIDI output of it at the moment as the notes jump around so much (even with stabilisation turned on), but i'm sure that will improve as the program nears a full release and I get better at using it.

Very interesting though.

I can't get Studio One to receive midi from it.

Uncle E wrote:I can't get Studio One to receive midi from it.
I can confirm it's not showing as a MIDI device in Studio One. It shows in Live though.

So I noticed that backers will get early-access (emphasis on "early") to the beta.
Does that mean non-backers will get access to it at some point? Like, late-access?

I couldn't find any info on this anywhere on the site (which kind of lacks quite a lot of information...) and on the Kickstarter page.

I think I found it. Looked through the comments on the kickstarter page, and not a single mention on accessibility to non-backers.

ONLY backers will get access to the beta. So by right, they shouldn't even call it an early-access beta...
It should be exclusive-access or something.

There is a "early access" purchase option that is effectively pre-purchase that will also give you access the beta… there's a regular and pro pricing corresponding to the release flavors. Also, if you're considering all "betas" being public… not all betas are public, of course.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

barryfell wrote:
I can confirm it's not showing as a MIDI device in Studio One. It shows in Live though.
You'll need to launch Imitone, and then create a new instrument in Studio One.

G

Photo_G wrote:
barryfell wrote:
You'll need to launch Imitone, and then create a new instrument in Studio One.

G
Yup, but it doesn't show up.

I'm sure someone will have submitted it as a bug by now.

Works here. I just found that Imitone doesn't save the settings so I needed to edit the pg.ini

set imitone.audio_api "ASIO"
set imitone.audio_device "yamaha*"

! change yamaha* to your device name start

set imitone.midi_virtual 1
set imitone.midi_device "*imitone*"

When I then start Imitone first and then Studio One, I can create a new "Keyboard" using it.
This is on Windows 8.1.u x64.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

I'm really intereted in this if it works, need a better alternative to melodyne :) how can we get a demo? You know for those who want to try before buying.

:clap:

The signal-to-midi function worked like a breeze for me in Logic 9, i didn't have a long time to investigate though...

So far it seems that we anyway need to find the right adjustment of the soundtake stage for a best calibrated voice to midi processing,

...also a bit of audible latency as far as i could judge !

reversaleverything wrote:how can we get a demo?
+1, although no interest in weird standalone malarky with a non-multiclient streaming asio card, but if there was a vst, and it was low latency, more interest from me than w/vox expressivity
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Fantastic app . . . it's something I always dreamed would exist, and I've been enjoying the beta since June. The new update looks amazing. I need to find the list of changes. I can't wait to fire it up. Great job!

Return to “Instruments”