Imitone -- wow! Most embarassing post I ever started

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think the main difference is, that you get direct feedback from Imitone.
If you do it with Melodyne, you first hum something in, then analyse it, then find if it worked as expected, rinse and repeat.

When I tried out Midi Bass, which is also realtime, it became part of the instrument and it's tone. I could try different things on the bass and directly hear what happened, how it reacted, similar to like if you use stomp boxes.
Doing that with Melodyne in a second step would definitely not inspire me, as cool as it may be for more technical things.

Immediate feedback, an instrument in it's own, playing something with the voice. I think that is what people find inspiring here. The cello video did it for me. :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Same here ;)

Btw have you tried midi guitar/bass with vocals? Seems it's made for guitar only, as I'm unable to achieve anything workable with MG...

(I only have the demo so far).
For voice, I found Midi Guitar better than -Bass. I tried it in monophonic mode (no throat singing here ;-) ). Detection was rather good after some fiddling with advanced parameters (using a dynamic stage microphone), but since Guitar is so much different in how tone is built, in the end it didn't cut it for voice for me.
Basically, Guitar is mostly a one-off sound. You pluck the string and from there it decays (I know I know ;-) ). So Midi Guitar is mostly about catching the attacks and their volume and analyse the pitch fast, but for subtle things you do with your voice, it's the wrong tool.
I didn't find the velocity detection usable for voice, so to for instance get the nice swells that the guy in the cello video showed seemed impossible.
I don't know how versatile Imitone will be, so I'm currently holding back a bit on Midi Bass, but could imaging getting both in the longer run. Too bad one doesn't get the Imitone alpha right away... ;-)

Really looking forward to it :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

Rah wrote:I backed it, prime level. Mainly because I'd want the tonal control as well.
Yeah, that's pretty awesome. I just now signed up for Prime, as well.

It seems that only Prime is getting VST support. Am I understanding that correctly?

Uncle E wrote:
Rah wrote:I backed it, prime level. Mainly because I'd want the tonal control as well.
Yeah, that's pretty awesome. I just now signed up for Prime, as well.

It seems that only Prime is getting VST support. Am I understanding that correctly?
I think VST support is for both.

There are two lists of features, which seem to apply to the basic, then prime versions, and VST support is listed in both.

So today it was released... anyone try it and if so any first impressions?

I got the beta today but haven't tried it yet.
I would be interested if anyone gets it working with a Kontakt string library (violin/cello).
If you can post tips here for that, please do.

I got an email saying I would get the link & key but nothing yet, excited to see(hear) this in action!

don1thedon wrote:I got an email saying I would get the link & key but nothing yet, excited to see(hear) this in action!
I think you should have gotten it already. You might contact Evan to see if you somehow got missed (unless it went into spam folder). Email title is "imitone: Beta download and key code!"

just pre-ordered...i just completely forgot this one !!!!

Musical Gym wrote:
don1thedon wrote:I got an email saying I would get the link & key but nothing yet, excited to see(hear) this in action!
I think you should have gotten it already. You might contact Evan to see if you somehow got missed (unless it went into spam folder). Email title is "imitone: Beta download and key code!"
Thanks, defo not in spam, I've dropped him a line. Fingers crossed.
Any feedback on it yet from others?

I like it a lot. A bit tricky to set up due to it being standalone - a VST would be much easier but that is a bit further in the future it seems...

I found it very interesting and addictive ;-)
Needs some getting used to and training, but then it gives rather nice results. I preferred it for paddish sounds and strings, there the swells and stuff can be used to great effect.

I look forward to how this develops!

Cheers,

Tom

ThomasHelzle wrote:I found it very interesting and addictive ;-)
Needs some getting used to and training, but then it gives rather nice results. I preferred it for paddish sounds and strings, there the swells and stuff can be used to great effect.
How do you make pads and strings with it? Do you use your vocals for it, convert them to MIDI and use these notes for pads & strings?

And what's the difference to simply arranging the notes with the piano roll?

ThomasHelzle wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-pCfHxbxp8

Cheers,

Tom
Unfortunately I cannot watch any videos with my 32-kbps internet connection (the whole month of May)! :scared:

Maybe you could explain it in words, please? :help:

Return to “Instruments”