Imitone -- wow! Most embarassing post I ever started

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Backed! Really hope for a VST version. This is revolutionary.

I've always wanted an easy way to transcribe the music of my dreams to my DAW. :love:

murnau wrote:you should only ask yourself if you need the prime features ($60) or you satisfied with the regular imitone ($25).
That's where I'm at, the only thing interesting about Prime is polyphony and I'm not left feeling too confident reading "(experimental feature)" next to it. What are your thoughts?

fluffy_little_something wrote:That is really cool. I was looking into a hardware device like that, but it was too expensive for a hobbyist, I could not even try it to see if it does what it is supposed to.
The Sonuus audio-to-midi devices do it and are cheap. The bass version locks audio to pitch, too.

Uncle E wrote:
murnau wrote:you should only ask yourself if you need the prime features ($60) or you satisfied with the regular imitone ($25).
That's where I'm at, the only thing interesting about Prime is polyphony and I'm not left feeling too confident reading "(experimental feature)" next to it. What are your thoughts?
Well it's optimized for voice it seems and one obviously can't sing polyphonically anyway, so I'm wondering what are you planning to use it for.

No_Use wrote:
Uncle E wrote:
Well it's optimized for voice it seems and one obviously can't sing polyphonically anyway, so I'm wondering what are you planning to use it for.
Actually it's stated as resposive to a wide range of instruments, so polyphony is possible.

No_Use wrote:Well it's optimized for voice it seems and one obviously can't sing polyphonically anyway, so I'm wondering what are you planning to use it for.
Tuvan throat singing. ;)

No_Use wrote:
Uncle E wrote:
a few people can trigger different instruments together in a perfomance for example. as much as i probably would enjoy to hear and see a well done show i'm personally not very interested in the prime edition features. the regular imitone is more then enough for me. also i dont think that it's optimized for voice, at the end the voice is also only a instrument. can't wait to put out the old flute! :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

metamorphosis wrote: Frankly if this doesn't get to the VST stretch goal We are All terrible People.
Yesterday he raised about $2,500, and is now around $1,250 from the VST stretch goal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

damn. this is cool!!

lingyai wrote:
metamorphosis wrote: Frankly if this doesn't get to the VST stretch goal We are All terrible People.
Yesterday he raised about $2,500, and is now around $1,250 from the VST stretch goal
VST with MIDI output is essential for something like this.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I'd love to see this be really successful, he gets my vote (& support)!

Uncle E wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:That is really cool. I was looking into a hardware device like that, but it was too expensive for a hobbyist, I could not even try it to see if it does what it is supposed to.
The Sonuus audio-to-midi devices do it and are cheap. The bass version locks audio to pitch, too.
That is the company I mean, actually :) If I am not mistaken, for singing one would need to buy the i2M model, which is 150 dollars, though. For a hobbyist that is not cheap at all.

lingyai wrote:
Backed it yesterday and it was at $56k. Right now it's at $59k with 4 days to go...I'd say a VST is on the cards :)
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote:
lingyai wrote:
Backed it yesterday and it was at $56k. Right now it's at $59k with 4 days to go...I'd say a VST is on the cards :)
I have never participated in such a funding model. When you pay those 25 bucks now, will you get them back if that guy is a criminal and never delivers anything? 8)

electro wrote:
lingyai wrote:
VST with MIDI output is essential for something like this.
so i may not work in Logic AFAIK

:(

Return to “Instruments”