Best value synth you've bought?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aalto!
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

IMO: Best value is relative to best deal. As in something you wanted but couldn't justify until there was some offering that made it worth the price.

The list for best deals of what I find useful after the sale is:
Alchemy (1/2 off)
Gladiator 2 (1/2 off)
Nemesis (1/2 off)
RayBlaster (1/2 off)
ElectraX (1/2 off)
AAS Bundle (1/2 off)
Korg Legacy Collection (1/2 off)
Iris (1/2 off)
Komplete (1/3 off)
Addictive Keys Studio (3/4 off)
IKM STank2 {et all 5} (1/2 off 1st with the other 4 free)

edit: I forgot SynthMaster (2/3 off)
Last edited by BBFG# on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

As I said, some people have to justify the expense even when they shelved the money for nothing. So enjoy your "Omnisphere" Cimbasso. Why did you even felt compelled to answer?

maybe because...

500$ can buy you so much. But not in your case. But in the end if you're satisfied with your choice and the XXXX uses it [the ads say that and they're always true] then you must be satisfied. Cheers!

My relationship with Spectrasonics software have been 0 from the day one as I couldn't find any value in it at all be it Omnisphere or RMX. It's krap with a simplified, but thankfully not programmed by Synthedit interface. Nothing else. Their installers are total krap. I would personally give them 50$ for every each and one of their VSTis. That's how much I think they're worth. 50$
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Diva

DuX wrote: My relationship with Spectrasonics software have been 0 from the day one as I couldn't find any value in it at all be it Omnisphere or RMX. It's krap with a simplified, but thankfully not programmed by Synthedit interface. Nothing else. Their installers are total krap. I would personally give them 50$ for every each and one of their VSTis. That's how much I think they're worth. 50$
:dog:

Surely he's trolling, right?
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:
DuX wrote: My relationship with Spectrasonics software have been 0 from the day one as I couldn't find any value in it at all be it Omnisphere or RMX. It's krap with a simplified, but thankfully not programmed by Synthedit interface. Nothing else. Their installers are total krap. I would personally give them 50$ for every each and one of their VSTis. That's how much I think they're worth. 50$

Are did he just take the bait? ;)

omnisphere. i damn love this synth.

DuX wrote:As I said, some people have to justify the expense even when they shelved the money for nothing. So enjoy your "Omnisphere" Cimbasso. Why did you even felt compelled to answer?

maybe because...

500$ can buy you so much. But not in your case. But in the end if you're satisfied with your choice and the XXXX uses it [the ads say that and they're always true] then you must be satisfied. Cheers!

My relationship with Spectrasonics software have been 0 from the day one as I couldn't find any value in it at all be it Omnisphere or RMX. It's krap with a simplified, but thankfully not programmed by Synthedit interface. Nothing else. Their installers are total krap. I would personally give them 50$ for every each and one of their VSTis. That's how much I think they're worth. 50$

lol whaaaat :dog: oh well your opinion really means nothing.

BBFG# wrote:
Ben H wrote:

Are did he just take the bait? ;)
DOH !!! :dog: :dog: :dog:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

AstralExistence wrote:
DuX wrote:As I said, some people have to justify the expense even when they shelved the money for nothing. So enjoy your "Omnisphere" Cimbasso. Why did you even felt compelled to answer?

maybe because...

lol whaaaat :dog: oh well your opinion really means nothing.
As valid as the one you offered, Maybe even more so, since you're still in a first time orgasmic phase with the product and can only speak to its purchase price with any experience. So what was your final price OTD?

bottom line is....many synths paid or free can make the same quality sounds. you're going to use what makes making the kind of music you like as intuitive as possible, wether it be the gui or sound tweaking options or sample library size especially for sample based vsts
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Rapture, low low price of just $19.99, use it all the friggin' time.

I bought DCAM Synthsquad for $100 when it was on sale and think it's amazing value for what you get. The only other package value wise for virtual synthesizers that is even close to DCAM SS is the Korg legacy.
:borg:

an-electric-heart wrote:Rapture, low low price of just $19.99, use it all the friggin' time.
Gosh :dog: yes! It simply slipped my mind. So much value for 20$ it's absolutely amazing! Even when it came out it was great value for the money at around 100$ if I remember correctly. You can also get it with CM magazine these days. That's such a generous gift from Rene to the community. Rapture is such a capable and flexible workhorse synth!

Also, DCAM squad for 100$! That's like :party: :tu:

All u-he synths are also really great value. This shows what I meant and that you don't need to spend 500$ on synths to have great synths, the best sounding ITB synths there is, actually. For 500$ you can buy so many great synths and effects instead of just one if you think a little before you jump and/or if you're patient enough. ;) :hihi:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Korg Legacy Collection: less than half price;
Sonic Charge Microtonic + Syntplant bundle;
Synapse Audio Dune: half price;
Camel Audio Alchemy: half price;
Clavia Nord Lead 2x: less than half price.
Last edited by e@rs on Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”