Free abandoned oldschool poly synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
polyIblit

They are not free, but cheap: SuperWave's plugins. The Professional / Trans-Pro (basically the same thing, but the latter sounds brighter, which can be good or bad depending on your taste) could match your requirements, costs just 10 pounds. Although I have the complete bundle and use mainly the P80 now, I still use the Professional occasionally because it is so easy to use and sounds decent. (There is a free version, but it has a few drawbacks, like that one can't adjust velocity and there is no arp.)
No need to use the supersaw and trance stuff by the way, just switch to single-wave mode.

Linplug just updated FreeAlpha3 and it is one fine sounding VA polysynth with an awesome preset browser :tu:

HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

For leads and pads: Z3ta if you can find the magazine it came with free also rapture by the same people is free in one of the computer music magazine issues I have both and these rock far better than any free synth out there, Firebird is free now as well.

Sample tank free has some great mellotron patches.

totally free synths: OBXD, Prodigious and poly2106 tough to find but google them and try you should find them, antitranspirant by tube ohm for mono leads. Oatmeal, synth one, voyager, Uhe; tyrell, zebralette, podolski. Triangle II, Proteus VX, Native instruments kontakt and reaktor players. Wusik station free player, synthamster free player, sonigen modular, Nabla, deputy, monofury, sonata, SQ8L, PG8X, DuneBE, AAS swatches, mausynth, Enzyme player, Mphasewave free, yava 3,

If you can't find several you like out of that list then your not trying.

Some on that list don't have an arp, which is among the requirements, though.

What I wonder, why does it have to be an abandoned synth? :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:why does it have to be an abandoned synth? :)
'cause they sound warmer

Totolitoto wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:why does it have to be an abandoned synth? :)
'cause they sound warmer
They do? I never noticed. Software synths are still evolving, and the analog type tends to sound warmer and warmer as technology and programming improve...

that was -of course- ironic :D

Ah ok :) With KVR you never know :hihi:

If you can spare a fifty, get yourself a copy of KORGs Mono/Poly.

From what i can gather its exactly what would make you happy.

If it has to be free, well, id have to give it some thought. There are so many good ones by now, making an adequate recommendation is getting more and more difficult.

@ yessongs , thanks, there some synths on that list i did not not know about, I'm googling them right now.

@ fluffy_little_something

Ofcourse it does not have to be a abondoned synth haha ,
0nly thing is, we have alot of free vst sites , and I have the feeling that I have seen them all by now but cant find the synth I'm looking for ( yes I know, I have issues ; ) ).
So I thought, maybe I should open a topic, maybe there is someone here longer than me in the game
( should be, i only started out using pc for music in 2008 ) that will know maybe maybe something
i did not know about.

BBFG# wrote:32 bit SE only, but some you might want to check out here at HG Fortune NFG (Nearly Forgotten Gems):

http://www.hgf-synthesizer.com/nfg---pro-vsti-free.html
Really ought to check these guys out too, There's a whole page to keep you busy for awhile in checking them out.

Another to mention, although not free, but can be had cheap, are the two Novation SoftSynths: V & Bass Stations

HGFortune-NFG:
http://www.hgf-synthesizer.com/nfg---pro-vsti-free.html

Cheapest way to go is get the magazines and all the vsti and vsts they give people both computer music and beat magazine preferably the january issue of beat workzone and then whatever the last issue that had 32 bit synths in CM and a more recent one like the more one that had rapture which otherwise is going to cost you $100 to buy so why not get it free.

Korg as mentioned is cool at $50 but get all of them for $150 by spending $50 on a nano controller then upgrading from the M1le to get the whole package for another $99. You get all 5 synths plus FX plus a controller to use them.

Synhtmaster for the money is always a top bargain and will add lots of pro sounds that are pretty much dead ringers for those heard on a lot of the past classics you listened to growing up. Just listen to the demos at their website and it will be apparent that synth is head and shoulders above anything else in its price range.

If you do all that your set there is not much more than you would need. I did get the total studio from IKMM and only spent $100 and got ez drummer included so I am happy with that deal. You would probably jump at that as well so hang in there they are always selling that deal cheap but with sampletank 3 coming out we probably wont see that offer again for a while. The other thing to consider is if you have $$$ go for NI komplete at $500 and finance it out through ZZounds over 4 payments.

Another bargain would be to get OPX player for $40 lots of famous presets.

You can also finance the korg nano controller with 61 keys and it comes with all 5 of the korg synths +

Return to “Instruments”