What can Geist do what I can't do...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tricky-Loops wrote:So far I've found one thing that Geist CANNOT do: give me more money... :cry:
It does that for some people :wink:

Tricky-Loops wrote:So far I've found one thing that Geist CANNOT do: give me more money... :cry:
sample in Geist, edit the samples, make a soundset and sell it: Eierlegendewollmilchsau :D :idea:
"It dreamed itself along"

With chokes, it's possible to do loops in pads and be able to come up with some creative ideas. I don't really know if this is possible in live or not :shrug:

I really like to see LFO per pad! on filters amp etc....

I got my Geist copy yesterday and have played around for about 30 minutes with it. I think the pattern window is so good, it's better than FL Studio's. FX are ok but not amazing. Adds a bit of oomph to the drums which I really like. For 50 dollars, probably the steal of the year for me already.

I have Ableton and Push so I was questioning whether or not this would be a good addition. I'm sort of okay with using the mouse/keyboard/monitor sometimes but I've been thinking of how I'll integrate it with the Push. I realized that I can use the melodic step sequencer to sequence the drums from the Push...

The box is supposed to show up tomorrow so I guess I'll be able to explore this some more over the weekend.
a.k.a. Airyck Sterrett

LimboLoves wrote:I got my Geist copy yesterday and have played around for about 30 minutes with it. I think the pattern window is so good, it's better than FL Studio's. FX are ok but not amazing. Adds a bit of oomph to the drums which I really like. For 50 dollars, probably the steal of the year for me already.
Nice to know others are getting their copies in the mail.

Mine, apparently, must be lost in the mail. Supposed to be delivered 2 days ago.. no updates on tracking.. strange.

VitaminD wrote:
LimboLoves wrote:I got my Geist copy yesterday and have played around for about 30 minutes with it. I think the pattern window is so good, it's better than FL Studio's. FX are ok but not amazing. Adds a bit of oomph to the drums which I really like. For 50 dollars, probably the steal of the year for me already.

Mine, apparently, must be lost in the mail. Supposed to be delivered 2 days ago.. no updates on tracking.. strange.
Mine just showed up today, small CD sized box. It was strange though, it' s a UPS tracking number and you even track it on the UPS site but the local USPS was the one that delivered it. :ud:

Guess I will get it installed in a bit and try it out.
a.k.a. Airyck Sterrett

psylevation wrote:
Mine just showed up today, small CD sized box. It was strange though, it' s a UPS tracking number and you even track it on the UPS site but the local USPS was the one that delivered it. :ud:

Same here! On a saturday......nice surprise. DL'ing all the "up to date" content and will install in a bit. Uninstalled the demo.

psylevation wrote:
VitaminD wrote:

UPS has a lower-cost shipping option in which they ship the package to the local post office, who then take it out for local delivery. Mostly likely a conciliatory bone thrown to a failing US Postal Service, whom, I would guess, probably have the authority to start heavily taxing private shipping providers.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

At this price I convinced myself "why not" annnnnnd am I missing something or is Geist not 64-bit in OS X (Mavericks)? I thought maybe the disc that shipped was old so I logged into my FXpansion account to download the latest update and still the same result: standalone runs as a 32-bit app... Logic X won't detect it since it isn't 64-bit?

I can't believe I wanted to buy Punch instead of this. Honestly, I haven't been impressed with a VST since I had a 303 emulator when I was a newb in like 08' ish. You can do ANYTHING, including getting dates with hot supermodels, with Geist.

LimboLoves wrote:You can do ANYTHING, including getting dates with hot supermodels, with Geist.
Is there an Easter egg? :o

Got all my housework done (except for vacuuming) so the rest of the day will be playing around with it. Generous libraries with the full version (wasn't sure what I'd get) and apparently all my packs are installed.

hibidy wrote:Got all my housework done (except for vacuuming) so the rest of the day will be playing around with it. Generous libraries with the full version (wasn't sure what I'd get) and apparently all my packs are installed.
Geist does housework, too? :o :party:

Return to “Instruments”