What can Geist do what I can't do...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anybody know how to install the libraries? I can't find the "49 dollar value pack" that I registered :shrug:

I didnt buy this version (already owned, and have a ton of the expansions) but normally they are separate installation files for each pack. You install separately then when you open up geist they show up in the browser with a quick chooser for each expansion

Maybe check your fxpansion account and see if there is a download for the one it came with since usually thats where they are, a separate download in your account for each expansion

When you registered the SN it should have given you a DL in your user account. Installing the packs was easy peasy.

Tricky-Loops wrote:
hibidy wrote:Got all my housework done (except for vacuuming) so the rest of the day will be playing around with it. Generous libraries with the full version (wasn't sure what I'd get) and apparently all my packs are installed.
Geist does housework, too? :o :party:
haha! I wish! For a small house it's unbelievable how much yard maintenance there is :x

LimboLoves wrote:Anybody know how to install the libraries? I can't find the "49 dollar value pack" that I registered :shrug:
In the Install Guide (booklet in the cd box) it said that you will have to enter the second serial at the Fxpansion website while in your account. Just follow those directions.

Can't argue with all the love Geist is getting. This is the 1st time I've checked out the tutorials and it's pretty smart. Definitely worth the money, especially if it's on sale. I'd bite but I'm living under a self-imposed buying freeze. I'll be living in a cardboard box if this keeps up.

it's ok, you'll have a drum machine to keep your hands warm with!

I'm afraid to download the demo. It's so tempting and I'm so broke. I'm looking at Musicians Friend''s website. Why is the "Special Edition" only $49.99? It looks like they send you the DVD installer instead of the electronic download. Is that the only difference?

Pretty much. They give you a serial for an expansion pak as well.

nashua wrote:it's ok, you'll have a drum machine to keep your hands warm with!
:lol:

Just ordered Geist SE from Musicians Friend now i just gotta play the waiting game...

Anyone know the size of the box that you get ? Is it the small CD case style box or a big box? I'm just curious because I already own the Bigbox version of DCAM synthsquad.

I made a special request to FXpansion to buy the product boxes since most of my purchases from them were download only. I think they are going all download now and no longer selling boxed versions of Geist, Synthsquad, etc except for maybe BFD 3.

Not sure though..

I know it's not exactly earth friendly, but it is kind of nice to have a physical box with your software.. maybe I'm just old fashioned.
:borg:

Small box.

UncleAge wrote:Small box.
ah damn ! Oh well it's better than nothing :lol:
:borg:

Just a quick word on the Geist expansion "Best of Guru", it's absolutely amazing.

It has the most comprehensive drum machine sample collection I've seen.

I bought it from Fxpansion when it was on sale for $50, definitely worth it.

I'm thinking about cinematic drums. The expansions are bit pricey but seem very high quality.

Return to “Instruments”