What can Geist do what I can't do...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Man, I can't believe they still have this!

My mini review is that geist is nice, but I don't think I'd like it for more that 50 bucks. Had one crash in studio one (but mostly it works fine) and I have an issue where you can't adjust the volume while a midi clip is playing from the host (so far I can't get anyone to reproduce it though...it does this in both hosts)

It's a bit too deep and complex. I'm used to battery 4 and I still like it better overall. I don't do much slicing, I think you slice/dicers will really appreciate what it can do.

hibidy wrote: It's a bit too deep and complex.
Ah yes, not liking a product because it has too many capabilities.

It was inevitable.

I agree it is very complex and hard to master, but that shouldn't justify saying it isn't worth more than $50. It's well worth its asking price, but it's very intimidating which is most likely why so many people sell it and/or don't buy it.

No, that's not what I meant at all. But hey, I mean, I impulse bought it, it's pretty cool, Rory is working on my problem with me and it's all good. I just don't think that it's as intuitive as battery 4 :shrug:

My interpretation was that you gave Geist a lower rating because it was too deep and complex, meaning it had so many capabilities it was overwhelming.

Now that I'm reading it with a different interpretation, you're saying it was too complex and difficult to use compared to Battery 4. Understandable.

Glad we got that cleared up :hihi:

Man, it's one of THOSE days.

You're a good man codec, I don't care what that one guy says about you! :hihi:

I can't wait until my copy arrives.

I love using abletons drum sampler but i find i can whip together a beat in Geist much quicker.
:borg:

Geist has a very snappy enevelope that you will be able to notice apart from live racks, imo. It has a very sweet sequencer as well. I honestly can't believe I got this for 50 dollars. Best deal EVER.

Before Geist I did not sample my own synth sounds that much but with Geist it is fast and fun... Now I don't think twice about making my own kits.

I got my copy, and i'm pretty stoked.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

Sounding good! I'm using Geist for a sample pack I'm making and am very very happy.

Return to “Instruments”