Pay what you think its worth synths?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I remember playing around a little with superwave plugins but never really clicked with it, but adventus from the get go seemed much more expressive and had higher quality presets and tweakability. It can create some really intersesting legato glide type sounds and cutoff responds well with velocity. How long did you mess around with adventus and what type of music you make, I'm guessing edm type and from what I can remeber? I'm tempted to post some small audio files of adventus to show what I mean and hopefully more people will like the synth and urge gino on...
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:I remember playing around a little with superwave plugins but never really clicked with it, but adventus from the get go seemed much more expressive and had higher quality presets and tweakability. It can create some really intersesting legato glide type sounds and cutoff responds well with velocity. How long did you mess around with adventus and what type of music you make, I'm guessing edm type and from what I can remeber? I'm tempted to post some small audio files of adventus to show what I mean and hopefully more people will like the synth and urge gino on...
Gee, no, I don't like EDM :P I make old-skool R&B for the most part, I use synths mostly to emulate real instruments and classic synth sounds, and SuperWave stuff seems better at that, the sound quality seems better imho.

Initially I liked Adventus' simple, friendly user interface, also did a few patches for it. But the more I used it, the less I liked it. It started to feel like a toy somehow...

t started to feel like a toy somehow..
tring to make rnb from a trance synth and super saws :dog: like trying to paint a fence with crayons :lol: As a trance synth adventus is a serious tool and a toy for grownups, whats wrong with making music with toys anyway? It should be fun though you didn't mean it that way. Creating music with modern day daws is half playing with toys and half video game anyways :lol:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:t started to feel like a toy somehow..
tring to make rnb from a trance synth and super saws :dog: like trying to paint a fence with crayons :lol: As a trance synth adventus is a serious tool and a toy for grownups, whats wrong with making music with toys anyway? It should be fun though you didn't mean it that way. Creating music with modern day daws is half playing with toys and half video game anyways :lol:
Why not? A synth is a synth, a waveform is a waveform. After all, the SuperWave stuff is also intended for EDM, Trance etc., yet I can use it well for my music, too.
I did have a rather nice pad on Adventus, but as I said I heard noise when playing chords.

Was just demoing the Adventus again :hihi:
Strange, the noise is almost gone now, maybe it had to do with the lower sampling rate in my old DAW. Sorry if my earlier statement made someone think there was something wrong with the sound. There isn't.

It does have a pleasant sound for pads, not least when using the Fat feature. Still the waves seem almost to be separate, which causes that lively sizzling, especially on lower octaves :)

The user interface is a bit small by modern standards. 6 voices is a bit few by modern standards. And it lacks a patch manager :P

Well, I hope he finds his "code" again somewhere (look under the upholstery of your sofa, Gino :D ) and makes an updated version, which I would buy at the current price, which is too high for this ancient version, though.

fluffy... you are using orion right. Try some adventus pads using analog phaser and sync rate to tempo and experiment, I've created very lovely sounds with that alone :o
fluffy_little_something wrote: The user interface is a bit small by modern standards. 6 voices is a bit few by modern standards. And it lacks a patch manager :P

Well, I hope he finds his "code" again somewhere (look under the upholstery of your sofa, Gino :D ) and makes an updated version, which I would buy at the current price, which is too high for this ancient version, though.
Alot of things should be updated, including the ones you mentioned, the fx section needs a major overhaul which i think would dramatically enhance the already clean phat sound. Ill send him another email and see what's he's up to. Its a shame its not possible to open up a synth edit plug in se and extract all the relevant info to modify the vst for situations like this ,but then again I'm sure that's a good thing for developers otherwise..

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:fluffy... you are using orion right. Try some adventus pads using analog phaser and sync rate to tempo and experiment, I've created very lovely sounds with that alone :o
fluffy_little_something wrote: The user interface is a bit small by modern standards. 6 voices is a bit few by modern standards. And it lacks a patch manager :P

Alot of things should be updated, including the ones you mentioned, the fx section needs a major overhaul which i think would dramatically enhance the already clean phat sound. Ill send him another email and see what's he's up to. Its a shame its not possible to open up a synth edit plug in se and extract all the relevant info to modify the vst for situations like this ,but then again I'm sure that's a good thing for developers otherwise..
Which version do you use? Maybe I am mistaken, but in my view the df version sounds not only wider, but simply better and tighter. I have made exactly the same bass patch on both, the df version sounds punchier.

But I think the amp velocity knob is not configured correctly, at zero the df version's amp is still velocity sensitive, in the regular version not. Double-clicking for setting controls to 0 or default and linear motion would also be nice, my mouse gets dizzy when it has to go in circles :)
What is odd is that the df version does not replay notes recorded in my DAW unless I have the GUI open :roll:

If he finds his code again, he should fuse both versions, with the df becoming the foundation. Just add the arp, the stereo volume led's (odd that they are missing in the df version, which is all about stereo) etc. from the regular version.

Regarding the effects, there are too many controls for my taste. I prefer good sound quality to controls. Currently it's better to use external effects.

Return to “Instruments”