wondering what vst could make these sounds

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi there. Long time reader of KVR, but just joined and this is my first post.

I want to produce hard trance, hard dance, and maybe some uk hardcore and electro.

Out of all the tracks I own, there's one that I've always wondered about the VST's employed. I'd love to hear your take on it.

At around 3:03 - the dirty, evil sounding staccato synth in the break:
https://www.trackitdown.net/track/crios ... 76146.html (https://www.trackitdown.net/track/criostasis-meets-costa-pantazis/nightbane-dub-mix/hard_dance/2976146.html)

Any idea what VST can do such things? I'm still just floored by it.

IDK if you K but without paying for it we can only play a short sample of that song on that page you linked...
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

thanks for your reply. I scoured the net trying to find the track but there's nothing on youtube, etc. So I linked to trackitdown where i bought it. Actually you can listen to the whole track on there without paying for it (at least for me, not being logged in or anything), it just defaults to selecting a section. I'm really just asking about the synth at 3:03 that sounds super evil and crazy. It's been driving me bonkers wondering what would produce this lol

Spire or Razor should be able to do that.

Thanks Phase!!! Been looking at Spire and Razor! Thanks again!

Synthmaster or Sylenth1, and maybe ANA too

Examigan wrote:Synthmaster or Sylenth1, and maybe ANA too
Yes. It sounds like a lot of Virus to me so Sylenth1, ANA, or Nexus fit the bill.

Sound like a Virus with FM synthesis. Velocity sensitivity controllering the FM amount. The Midi notes are sustained, so no attack and no release. Full of harmonics, so high filter cutoff (maybe even high pass, in this case low cutoff).

thank you so much guys. this is really awesome

I also think you can use Massive to do it if you play with the modulation section.
Anechoic Chamber Screaming :o

Can someone inform me about "What VST sounds like this"?

I don't have the knowledge and time to try all the synths out there but shouldn't all the advanced synths shouldn't be able to apply those same techniques and have the same result?

Are there noticable differences in sounds of different synths and... Why?

Since there are Oscillators, Waveforms, Envelopes, Filters and other modulation sources in practically every one of the VSTs why does one wonder what VST it is rather than the technique behind it?

Any VA synth can do that sound. It's a combo of square, saw and noise oscillators run through some sort of distortion.

the problem for somebody without experience is even if you have the 100% orginal sound what about effects, automation, compression, side-chaining, mixing and arrangement of the sounds?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

tehlord wrote:Any VA synth can do that sound. It's a combo of square, saw and noise oscillators run through some sort of distortion.
plus a trancegate or arp setting..

murnau wrote:the problem for somebody without experience is even if you have the 100% orginal sound what about effects, automation, compression, side-chaining, mixing and arrangement of the sounds?
Buy Nexus then.

Seriously, learning was half the fun for me :?

Return to “Instruments”