Does the average listener really care if its analog?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The average listener doesn't even know the difference between analog and digital, and I'm not saying this based on analog or digital synths, but analog and digital in general. They have no clue, so of course they don't care about what they don't know. There are even people producing music that don't know the difference, they think a hardware synth = analog.
You are currently reading my signature.

Gamma-UT wrote:
Sendy wrote:No, really, I don't need it anymore. Saws all the way from here on out!
It's good to know you Saw Delight.
Yes, it IS good to know me.

I, Saw Delight, have no further use for you squares! It's time to wave goodbye. :party:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:No, really, I don't need it anymore. Saws all the way from here on out!
Super, Hyper, or regular? And do you want fries with that? :hyper:

I'm developing analog componentry that models digital synthesis in hardware. Hope to bridge the gap within the next 18 to 36 months. Right now running into some practical issues with heat from tubes and the cost of cabling...
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Whether a sound is analog or not is the MOST important thing in ANY song.

When I turn on some Avicii, I'm thinking, is this analog enough? If it's not, I get depressed and order a pizza with extra pork sausage and eat the whole thing in one night.

daExpert wrote:Whether a sound is analog or not is the MOST important thing in ANY song.

When I turn on some Avicii, I'm thinking, is this analog enough? If it's not, I get depressed and order a pizza with extra pork sausage and eat the whole thing in one night.

fastfood pizza is evil stuff.
:borg:

ENV1 wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:Serious question. Do you think all the people who listen to music composed with Access Viruses, Nord Leads, Waldorfs etc actually care ??
The Virus and Nord Lead are not analog
That was probably his point..
yah

GREAT TOPIC!...i LOVE analog synths and because of that i listen to albums that i know have analog synths in them

examples

orbital(20 & all their early albums)
the prodigy(experience through to invaders must die)
all early jean michel jarre

BUT i dont care about modern use of digital analogs and soft synths!?...they all sound great

the average listen doesnt even know what analog or digital is though

if it sounds good....it sounds good
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

If a sound is usable, I don't care if it's from an arp 2600, a minimoog, a software synth, a sampler, a fridge, a frying pan or a balloon + knitting needle.

Just make some music already.

The average listener can't even spell analog.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

farlukar wrote:If a sound is usable, I don't care if it's from an arp 2600, a minimoog, a software synth, a sampler, a fridge, a frying pan or a balloon + knitting needle.

Just make some music already.
yeah i agree..not sure about the knitting needle though farlukar :lol:

V0RT3X wrote:
daExpert wrote:Whether a sound is analog or not is the MOST important thing in ANY song.

fastfood pizza is evil stuff.
Not if you put some fresh ingredients onto it! :idea: :love:

Seems like every non-musician i know loves music for the catchy vocals, melody and beat and not for what the musician used.

My question was not even just aimed at synthesizers in general, i should have put up effects and mixing gear as well.

V0RT3X wrote:Seems like every non-musician i know loves music for the catchy vocals, melody and beat and not for what the musician used.

My question was not even just aimed at synthesizers in general, i should have put up effects and mixing gear as well.
How many people do care where the ingredients on a fastfood pizza are coming from and how they're produced? Most pizza consumers will simply eat the pizza because it tastes good...

Tricky-Loops wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:Seems like every non-musician i know loves music for the catchy vocals, melody and beat and not for what the musician used.

How many people do care where the ingredients on a fastfood pizza are coming from and how they're produced? Most pizza consumers will simply eat the pizza because it tastes good...
dont know how we got to pizza's on this topic but fast food pizza here in the uk tastes awful,every single one of them...

homemade pizza using fresh vegetables and non processed meats FTW

i honestly cant believe the prices that takeaway pizzas charge...seriously in blackpool uk it costs my wife and i £30 to eat take-out pizza...I WILL NOT PAY THAT FFS :x

Return to “Instruments”