Does the average listener really care if its analog?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Serious question. Do you think all the people who listen to music composed with Access Viruses, Nord Leads, Waldorfs etc actually care ??
:borg:

Nope
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Some might but most won't.

I frankly do not see why it would....
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Not in the slightest. Then again, most listeners couldn't care less about nearly everything we obsess about here... then wonder why some one person's product sounds better than another's. Most vexing, that. :hihi:
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

If it sounds good, most listeners won't care about whether it's made with Synth1 or with Access Virus, except some audiophiles...

...but even as a musician, when I listen to a song, I don't ask for a list with all used synths & effects, either. :shrug:

All a listener wants from a song is for it to be memorable so they can keep it on their playlist.

How you get the song to be memorable may or may not involve analog.

So the short answer is no, the average listener will not even think about it. Most likely they will say to themselves, "Wow! That sound is so cool! How-de-do-dat?!"

The average listener wouldn't understand the question.

thecontrolcentre wrote:The average listener wouldn't understand the question.
Yes, and if you explained it to them, the look on their face would answer the OP's question. :lol:

Last edited by ghettosynth on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

The average self-proclaimed analog snob can't even tell the difference between real analog and a decent VA in mix. So, no, the average listener doesn't know or care either.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

V0RT3X wrote:Serious question. Do you think all the people who listen to music composed with Access Viruses, Nord Leads, Waldorfs etc actually care ??
The Virus and Nord Lead are not analog

probably not, all the average listener cares about is if the song is about pimps, money, guns, drugs and hos :shrug:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

V0RT3X wrote:Serious question. Do you think all the people who listen to music composed with Access Viruses, Nord Leads, Waldorfs etc actually care ??
Freudian approach: Trying to convince yourself that you don't need analog gear? :D

But no, i don't think anyone would care. And as already had been said, it's doubtable whether even audiophiles are able to hear the difference.

No.

They don't give a crap..........

There are audiophiles who make music?

Return to “Instruments”