BigKick

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BigKick

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/6 ... 79-BigKick

Looks interesting, obviously similar to the Sonic Academy one.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Except twice as expensive. For 65 dollars, it better kick other kick programs out of the water.

it sounds...quiet. no audio? no demo??? (or am i missing something??)

fisherKing wrote:it sounds...quiet. no audio? no demo??? (or am i missing something??)
You have to login to download a trial.

Alias9593 wrote:
You have to login to download a trial.
will wait to see what others think of it first :ud:
(altho am happy with the sonic academy plugin...)

1. The Kicks are nothing special, no unique base sound like on SA's Kick
2. Overpriced for that features/sound ($55 :o )
3. Browsing the factory presets is really a pain (no prev/next):

I'll stop testing it now because the browsing really sucks.

I have Synapse Audio EKS Pro for kick duty ($39) but more often if it's not an acoustic kit I use Nerve or BreakTweaker to drop kick samples into and layer and tweak. This seems a little pricier than it should be.

I think sonic academy one's better tho

Wildfunk wrote: 3. Browsing the factory presets is really a pain (no prev/next):

I'll stop testing it now because the browsing really sucks.
To browse quickly, open the Managed/Delete/Save... window and just double click on the preset you want to listen to. The window will stay open so you can move around easily.

During development we didn't have quite so many presets. The sound design was done at the end. And we didn't appreciate how important next and previous would be.

It will be fixed.
Devious Machines

wow! this on looks really ugly!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

i'm more interested in how something works, and sounds...then how it looks. if i didn't already own the sonic academy plugin, i'd at least check this one out.

i OWN a few plugins that i think are ugly...but they SOUND great...

I think it looks and sounds great. I also love the fact that it's offered in VST, AU, and AAX, not to mention versatile and dead simple to use. Cool to see how responsive they are as well - the prev/next buttons will definitely be a nice addition.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

if the gui doesn't appeal to me there's no chance i use it. doesn't matter if it sounds good. today you have so many alternatives that it's not a must to look on an amateurish gui especially in that price range.

Update: indeed this one really not look ugly in original. my fault because of the strange pic's here in this thread. they do the original gui no justice.
Last edited by murnau on Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

have to sign up to get a demo??? No thank you

^Plugin Boutique is the same guys as Loopmasters. Don't worry they won't sell your email or spam you.

Return to “Instruments”