SquaredHeads Nora 1.4 - Phrase Arpeggiator + Harmonizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nora

firepile wrote:
squaredheads wrote:
firepile wrote:A "note probability" (0-100%) setting for each note.
No. Can you explain this? How should it work? Why is this useful?
Could create some interesting variations. Sonars step sequencer has this feature.

If done subtly, this adds great variation.
I've never particularly liked such randomization... sometimes it makes a note I like and sometimes it makes a note I don't. I doubt I would ever use it... but don't mind if the feature is there for those who want it.

I've use the sonar step sequencer for years and never knew it could do this, thanks for helping me learn something new.

On topic, I'm definitely interested in nora now that I see it, but work flow will be the deciding factor.

I uploaded a quick homemade video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkwHwbKYaW8

The quality isn't very good, but you can get the idea until you can test the demo.

i want to say: Fantastic ! :clap:
i really hope multi track version will follow soon !
Congratulations and thank you for creating this beauty!

This looks like what Catyana promised to be but wasn't. Looking forward to getting my hands on this.Any ideas on price? Demo availability?
Musicmaker: "I'm playing all the right notes, but not neccesarily in the right order" Eric Morecame : Comedy Bhoddisatva

Looks cool, is there a snap to key option like push 8by 8 squares?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

The final price will be likely to other similar products, I think we'll have it avaliable tomorrow. There is a demo version, and it will be avaliable next Monday.
mysticvibes wrote:Looks cool, is there a snap to key option like push 8by 8 squares?
If you set Snap to 1/2, you can achieve that effect. Anyway you can add any snap you like to the list (or delete them). They're customizables. Personally, I feel pretty comfortable working with Auto snap, it's up to you :)

Can't wait for Nora...

How about Groove Quantize (Lock to imported Groove file)?

Indeed. We though about that in the past, but we delayed the idea in order to priorize other critical features. After the firsts tools and patterns switch, we can start the quantize development. However, if enough people ask for it, we can priorize it.

squaredheads wrote:The final price will be likely to other similar products, I think we'll have it avaliable tomorrow. There is a demo version, and it will be avaliable next Monday.
mysticvibes wrote:Looks cool, is there a snap to key option like push 8by 8 squares?
If you set Snap to 1/2, you can achieve that effect. Anyway you can add any snap you like to the list (or delete them). They're customizables. Personally, I feel pretty comfortable working with Auto snap, it's up to you :)
I was talking more along the lines of having only the 7-8 notes in any key showing rolled out per octave with selectable key, or the term I arbitrarily call snap to key, not snap to grid.. I know with push and other editors any key is laid out on the pads and excluding all notes outside the key so why not a piano roll that does this?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:
squaredheads wrote:The final price will be likely to other similar products, I think we'll have it avaliable tomorrow. There is a demo version, and it will be avaliable next Monday.
I was talking more along the lines of having only the 7-8 notes in any key showing rolled out per octave with selectable key, or the term I arbitrarily call snap to key, not snap to grid.. I know with push and other editors any key is laid out on the pads and excluding all notes outside the key so why not a piano roll that does this?
The "piano roll" only processes the notes of the chords you feed it with.

squaredheads wrote:Indeed. We though about that in the past, but we delayed the idea in order to priorize other critical features. After the firsts tools and patterns switch, we can start the quantize development. However, if enough people ask for it, we can priorize it.
Great... Pattern Switching is important for me also...

So when will NORA be available? The Site still says 3 days..

Well, if the web says 3 days... it will be 3 days :D (next Monday).

Good news: We will do an introductory offer. Price announced in several hours.

Our piano roll (created for evil purposes) support snap to key, enable/disable key

does the introductory offer include a future download for the OSX version?

Return to “Instruments”