SquaredHeads Nora 1.4 - Phrase Arpeggiator + Harmonizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nora

just a quick report are we allowed to create our folder structure?
if so seems there is refresh issue on browser ...
i see the folder after refresh, but not the preset inside
btw i didn't restart the host yet ,because i don't want to break the fun !! :D

if its make sense
Reaper4 x64
Nora x64

yellukhan wrote:just a quick report are we allowed to create our folder structure?
if so seems there is refresh issue on browser ...
i see the folder after refresh, but not the preset inside
Yes, you're. There is a bug, I just catched it. I'm going to solve it for 1.00, thank you! Meanwhile, you must restart your host when you do changes to the folder structures.
yellukhan wrote:btw i didn't restart the host yet ,because i don't want to break the fun !!
Don't do it! :P

firepile wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Why use an arpeggiator? Because you can play chords in real-time and have the notes split out rhythmically. Piano rolls don't do that. Why use a step sequencer in a DAW? Indeed that is a good question because a DAW piano roll is a sequencer so it doesn't make much sense unless someone wants a retro gui or there are tools for generating patterns not available in the DAW sequencer.
You can "play" a step sequencer like Thesys just like an arpeggiator.
Oh it makes me sad when I see something like this. Thesys will not arpeggiate. You can transpose a sequence by hitting different keys. What this does is start the sequence from a different note. The sequence stays the same though, playing chords won't do anything, it'll take the first note to start from. An arpeggiator reads the different notes of the chord you played and splits it up into individual notes playing back according to some rhythm. It's the equivalent of picking guitar chords rather than strumming. You don't play sequencers except hitting a single note to transpose the start note, totally different.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
firepile wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Why use an arpeggiator? Because you can play chords in real-time and have the notes split out rhythmically. Piano rolls don't do that. Why use a step sequencer in a DAW? Indeed that is a good question because a DAW piano roll is a sequencer so it doesn't make much sense unless someone wants a retro gui or there are tools for generating patterns not available in the DAW sequencer.
Oh it makes me sad when I see something like this. Thesys will not arpeggiate.
That is not what I said.

- Is it a bug or a demo-feature that I can't change # of groups or notes? They keep staying at "3".

Hi elassi,

The demo is limited to 3 octaves and 3 notes per octave. You can't change them. Also, the demo does not allow to save phrases, just load.

Full version allows chords between 3 and 5 notes and from 1 to 5 octaves.

Cheers

Since there is no OSX version, will there be an intro price also for when the OSX version is released?

firepile wrote:
firepile wrote:
That is not what I said.
Of course you didn't. It's the reason why what you said is very wrong.
"You can "play" a step sequencer like Thesys just like an arpeggiator".
You can not play thesys like an arpeggiator because arpeggiators arpeggiate and sequencers like Thesys don't. Is that more clear? Don't worry, there seems to be an epidemic around here of confusing the two.

1. What type of copy protection does this plugin use?

2. Will PayPal be available before the end of the introduction price?

Thanks!

firepile wrote:
firepile wrote:
That is not what I said.
Of course you didn't. It's the reason why what you said is very wrong.
"You can "play" a step sequencer like Thesys just like an arpeggiator".
You can not play thesys like an arpeggiator because arpeggiators arpeggiate and sequencers like Thesys don't. Is that more clear? Don't worry, there seems to be an epidemic around here of confusing the two.
It's a never ending confusion...

pdxindy wrote:Since there is no OSX version, will there be an intro price also for when the OSX version is released?
Hi, there will only if Nora is on sales. We do not do OS differences. There is too many people asking for a Mac version, maybe we will add some priority to this.
manducator wrote:1. What type of copy protection does this plugin use?
A simple key file (not hardware related) that you place on the dll folder.
manducator wrote:2. Will PayPal be available before the end of the introduction price?
I cannot assure you this, there is low odds this happens, it's still possible.

squaredheads wrote:
pdxindy wrote:Since there is no OSX version, will there be an intro price also for when the OSX version is released?
Hi, there will only if Nora is on sales. We do not do OS differences. There is too many people asking for a Mac version, maybe we will add some priority to this.
Right now is an introductory price... and PC users can try the demo... but Mac users cannot try the demo before the intro price is gone...

pdxindy wrote:Right now is an introductory price... and PC users can try the demo... but Mac users cannot try the demo before the intro price is gone...
I understand. We will do something to balance this, I promise ;)

I only do online purchases with PayPal! (the most secure)

You should consider extending the introductory price period until you have a FULL payment service!

(I am interested but the full price is too expensive for me!)

Also your website is NOT working in my browser, Opera 12.17

Can you please provide a direct link to the download of the demo of Nora?

no paypal? suicide. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Return to “Instruments”