Addictive Drums 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Addictive Drums 1

If I owned more XLN adpaks I might bite. Where I am heavy is ToonTrack and FxPansions BFD. So, Im gonna look hard at ED2 and decide if I can wait until Superior 3 happens out of nowhere this holiday season...

Interesting marketing strategy.

NO new kits (unless you buy a new adpak). The only way to get AD1 content to work in AD2 is to pay for the upgrade. The demo player won't do it. So far, I'm not feeling any enthusiasm, but I'll wait and see if there's anything interesting in the new features before I decide. I have a fair bit of content for AD1, so that isn't the issue. Basically, we're paying for an updated shell.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

That's what I'm seeing. I don't really see anything that is different.

Very confusing to me :?

Is the AD2 Engine that comes with the ADPAKS bundles the same as the upgrade Engine from AD1 to AD2?

http://www.xlnaudio.com/en/products/view/163

Or is there a different Engine/additional content with the upgrade from AD1?

Cheers.

hibidy wrote:That's what I'm seeing. I don't really see anything that is different.
I have the same impression :neutral:

Why should I pay 110$ (80 Euro) just for a new shell for my existing packs? There are a few improvements but not for this kind of money. And I doubt that I will buy more AD packs in the future as 125$ (90 Euro) for a sampled drum kit is way too much.

Benutzername wrote:
hibidy wrote:That's what I'm seeing. I don't really see anything that is different.

Why should I pay 110$ (80 Euro) just for a new shell for my existing packs? There are a few improvements but not for this kind of money. And I doubt that I will buy more AD packs in the future as 125$ (90 Euro) for a sampled drum kit is way too much.
$125? I thought the list price was $89.95? (And AudioDeluxe sells the AD packs for $67.)

firepile wrote:
Benutzername wrote:

$125? I thought the list price was $89.95? (And AudioDeluxe sells the AD packs for $67.)
Well, that's the price in Europe and the XLN online shop seems to be the only place where we are allowed to buy AD. So currently it's a take it or leave it approach. I think I will take the latter.

I don't know what they are thinking.
I was already cautious with the online activation and online only install.
Now this. The Retro ADPak is about 270€.
For that kind of money i might as well go with FXPansion or Toontrack.

I have very little faith in the future of xlnaudio at this point and Kjaerhus comes to my mind.
Could happen with any company that uses C/R of course but the alternatives seems much less risky.
Too bad because there are reasons why i bought into AD in the first place.
Seems a little bit like the wrong decision now.
Andy is a support ninja.

Benutzername wrote:
Well, that's the price in Europe and the XLN online shop seems to be the only place where we are allowed to buy AD.
I don't understand why you are not able to order from AudioDeluxe.

firepile wrote:
Benutzername wrote:
Well, that's the price in Europe and the XLN online shop seems to be the only place where we are allowed to buy AD.
I don't understand why you are not able to order from AudioDeluxe.
Well, they don't sell updates and additionally almost everything of their digital delivery is restricted to the US (including XLN products).

Benutzername wrote:Why should I pay 110$ (80 Euro) just for a new shell for my existing packs?
You're not paying 80€ just for a new shell. You can also get another ADpak for that money (like the new Fairfax pack), and you also get a 25% coupon for the summer sale.

Regular update (no additional ADpak) is 64€.
Benutzername wrote:Well, they don't sell updates and additionally almost everything of their digital delivery is restricted to the US (including XLN products).
Not true. I have purchased both EZX packs and ADpaks from AudioDeluxe without any issues at all. And I'm in Croatia.

EvilDragon wrote: Regular update (no additional ADpak) is 64€.
Nope

Well, that's not what I'm seeing. I see 64€ on the left and 80€ on the right. :P

EvilDragon wrote:Well, that's not what I'm seeing. I see 64€ on the left and 80€ on the right. :P
That's good for you ;)

EvilDragon wrote:
Benutzername wrote:Why should I pay 110$ (80 Euro) just for a new shell for my existing packs?
You're not paying 80€ just for a new shell. You can also get another ADpak for that money (like the new Fairfax pack), and you also get a 25% coupon for the summer sale.

Regular update (no additional ADpak) is 64€.
Where?

If I go to the XLN web site then the regular update costs 79.95 Euro and the one with an ADPack 99.95 Euro. No available discounts, no visible summer sales etc.

Return to “Instruments”