Addictive Drums 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Addictive Drums 1

Yeah lousy review, but at least i got to see what Beat Transformer does. Cool, but expected more. The vid made me want to shout at the reviewer.

Aloysius wrote: Anyway ... crap review or not ... I haven't had much of a chance to play with the upgrade so it's pretty cool to see what's new.
Don't get me wrong - thanks for posting! :wink:

paterpeter wrote:
Aloysius wrote: Anyway ... crap review or not ... I haven't had much of a chance to play with the upgrade so it's pretty cool to see what's new.
Don't get me wrong - thanks for posting! :wink:
:) I agree 100% with you.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Here some guy playing it:

http://youtu.be/KTovL58Xuw4

Limerick wrote:Here some guy playing it:

http://youtu.be/KTovL58Xuw4
Ha, I have the same Zildjian shirt :D

At 3:40 he gets stuck under a tom with his left stick :lol:

I got the FREE AD2 Demo a week before the release with
the FREE Fairfax kit...and it was quite nice...being limited.

The new features are nice for sure..

I had every Adpak except Session Percussion, Funk, and Jazz Sticks...
After the upgrade I STILL had every Adak except those three...

I did the $99 upgrade and got the Fairfax Vol 1 kit...

IMO..soundwise, this is better then EZ2...

What EZ2 has is the Song Creator and the MIDI timeline built in...and Tap to Find...
That's the only "Major" updates. The kits only get new INFO files...so it's using the same samples as before...

AD2 I had to re-download everything, which leads me to believe they updated the samples also...and it sure sounds like it...they sound really good.

The ONE thing that people forget about AD is that you CAN remove all the effects and processing and get "just the kit". You can't do this in EZ. You can remove the effects somewhat, but the kits are still "processed".

I've heard people say "AD sounds too processed" I said...it IS..that is what the presets do...give you a pre-processed "preset" to get a certain type of sound,
but you can REMOVE that....I prefer AD2 over EZ2 for sound, but EZ has the
MIDI editing advantage. Same with EZKeys over AK...AK sounds BETTER, but EZ has the Chord Transposer and MIDI Editor...apples and oranges...

I use both EZ2 and EZK to create my MIDI...then I switch to whatever sounds best for the job...

Just my 2 cents...
"Not only do we make the music...the music makes us"

I finally tried the AD2 Demo .. which is actually pretty kick-ass for a free three piece kit.

Here's the original included groove, and three variation showing Beat Transformer in action. Fuckin A is what i think !

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/516 ... 20Test.wav

How are folks finding this compared to EZDrummer 2?

I just don't think this is worth the $79 upgrade - and that may be the first time I've ever said that about anything.

Which is weird because AD1 is pretty much my go-to drums.

I'm confused on the upgrade route(s).

I've emailed XLN about it this morning, haven't heard back yet.

Anyway, if I buy an AD kit from jrrshop or audiodeluxe, does that count as un upgrade?

or do you have to upgrade from the XLN shop?

-dw

I tried the demo - I used to own AD1. I don't find the beat transformer particularly innovative - maybe it's just me? I can just adjust the dynamics, speed, and the "hit" for each piece? That seems sort of basic.

dusted william wrote:I'm confused on the upgrade route(s).

Anyway, if I buy an AD kit from jrrshop or audiodeluxe, does that count as un upgrade?

-dw
You have to upgrade, what you buy will be in AD2 but anything you already own will be in AD1.

don1thedon wrote:
dusted william wrote:I'm confused on the upgrade route(s).

-dw
You have to upgrade, what you buy will be in AD2 but anything you already own will be in AD1.
Thanks... too bad.

I'll play with the demo some more. for the cheaper AD pack price I would probably do it, but I hesitate more than 65 dollars or so.

-dw

Jusr to clarify: the "upgrade" just applies to AD1 itself... I think! The reason I say that is because as I mentioned above I had 3 ADpaks in my account, but I had sold AD1 itself... I was able to upgrade the 3 ADpaks for $0... So one route if you don't like the $80 upgrade is just upgrade your ADpaks for free -- assuming the XLN store allows you to, of course -- and leave the AD1 core kits in AD1 (pop, rock, prog kits in the new world)... Then in the future when there's an inevitable sale, upgrade AD1 core kits for less than $80... The thing is, there's no "Addictive Drums" anymore, just a free engine + content packs... the $80 upgrade is for the content packs, since the engine itself is "free" with each content pack purchase...
You need to limit that rez, bro.

kbaccki wrote:J I was able to upgrade the 3 ADpaks for $0... .
how?

Return to “Instruments”