Addictive Drums 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Addictive Drums 1

Looks good but I'm surprised how big of a price hike is on their web store (especially now all the midipak is completely separated out)

the demo is one big commercial.....and does not sync to host?

don't watch the video, it s*cks :)

i upgraded then chose the new pack as well. i must say, it's better than AD1. sound is good, somehow the old packs sound better (they re-packed them or it's a placebo effect only :) ) in AD2. i am happy with the new version.

interface is good and if you use addictive keys it won't be hard to be familiar with AD2. there are additional slots for kitpieces, this is a +1. also there is another output, easier to route, easier to use your own effects but the internal stuff is good as well.

i like it so far, it's a good deal to upgrade even if i thought i would deserve the upgrade for free :)

So, does this come stock with kits as AD1 did, or do you have to buy everything a la carte via adpacks? In other words, is AD2 just a shell for inline purchases?

Does it share resources (the kits) of AD1, etc?
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

It doesn't share any AD1 resources, it's a separate install.

Could they have compressed and limited that song more? :hihi:

Interested to hear what it's like.

Looking at this on Audiodeluxe, it says that all of the Adpaks come with the engine, unlike EZd where you have to buy the base product, and then add on what you want in kits. Has this always been the case with AD?
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

If you upgrade from AD1, all the ADpaks you had will be converted to AD2 format. It does come with small demos for each AD2 ADpak and MIDIpak, though.

Is the upgrade sold by retailers, too? The upgrade with one AdPak from XLN directly (99€) costs more than the full artist bundle (2 included AdPaks) version at e.g. JRR Shop ($125, ie 91€), which is a bit ridiculous to be honest.

This is what I was referring to:
AudioDeluxe wrote:Important note about the Addictive Drums 2 engine:
The Addictive Drums 2 engine is included with every Addictive Drums 2 ADpak and Bundle. In other words, this product includes the Addictive Drums 2 engine and does not require any other software to work and can be used by itself (in Standalone mode) or as a plugin within host music software.

For new users, that means this product is an entry-point into the world of Addictive Drums 2. For existing Addictive Drums 2 users, this product is an expansion pack to their collection of extraordinary drum sounds.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

if you buy just an adpack it will have the engine included but i guess you then won't have the upgrade for your ad 1 adpacks.

i found the hickup issue, the distorted hickups occour with cool and quiet activated, if i go full power it works flawlessly... can anyone confirm that?

i find it a bit strange 'cause ad1, superior drummer 2, and ez drummer 2 are all working fine with cool & quiet activated...

so far it sounds really great i find the sound much more alive compared to ad1 and the new adpack is just the best sounding drum pack xln audio has ever released...

Limerick wrote:if you buy just an adpack it will have the engine included but i guess you then won't have the upgrade for your ad 1 adpacks.
Oh, so the artist bundle does not include an upgrade from AD1? :roll:

To be honest, I have very mixed feelings about the upgrade policy and the whole new distribution idea, ie that every AdPaks contains an AD2 license. Those who buy more AdPaks are punished because they have to pay the AD2 license "overhead" over and over again. The upgrade feels as if I'm paying 79€+ just to get my old AdPaks to a new version, because any new AdPak I'd buy is AD2 anyway.

I'm a complete tool for drum software, but AD2 is a big "meh" for me at the moment. Which makes me sad, as I love AD1 for being a unique and productive take on sampled drums.

paterpeter wrote:
Limerick wrote:if you buy just an adpack it will have the engine included but i guess you then won't have the upgrade for your ad 1 adpacks.
Oh, so the artist bundle does not include an upgrade from AD1? :roll:

To be honest, I have very mixed feelings about the upgrade policy and the whole new distribution idea, ie that every AdPaks contains an AD2 license. Those who buy more AdPaks are punished because they have to pay the AD2 license "overhead" over and over again. The upgrade feels as if I'm paying 79€+ just to get my old AdPaks to a new version, because any new AdPak I'd buy is AD2 anyway.

I'm a complete tool for drum software, but AD2 is a big "meh" for me at the moment. Which makes me sad, as I love AD1 for being a unique and productive take on sampled drums.
well that's just my guess, to be shure you should contact customer support i suppose...
i don't regret the upgrade for a moment, as i have nearly every adpack, i regret more the purchase of ez drummer 2 ;)

Really? Wow. Well, that's two people that I've heard didn't like it.

What aren't you liking about EZD2, out of curiosity?
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Return to “Instruments”