Addictive Drums 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Addictive Drums 1

don1thedon wrote: I have AD2, SD2 & EZ2 & others (GAS!).
SD2 has always been my go to for sound - typically using EZ1, AD1 &/or midi to generate song patterns because of ease of use & less overhead, also sometimes embellishing percussion etc.
I have just acquired AD2 & EZ2 and my initial thoughts are that either of these may provide an alternative to SD2 in terms of sounds - early days yet though I do need to get more more familiar with both.
Good to know. Am interested in how you feel about both as time progresses.

So, goodbye to XlnAudio forum.
http://www.xlnaudio.com/forum-down
Signature blocked until 1 rational post made

I also have them all (SD 2, EZD2, BFD 3, AD 2, Drumcore 3, Drumsonic, Studio Drummer, Abbey Road Series, Steven Slate Drums.)

Straight up drum sounds and expansion pack availability, my main BSTi is BFD3 easy. I like SD2 too, but the sounds are less "raw" to me at least than BFD3.

For super quick songwriting, EZD2 is pretty cool

For specific rock flavor, SSD 4 is pretty cool.

I got AD2 cheap on a deal that fell in the upgrade period. I do like the new preset preview system. Fairfax and the new ADPaks sound decent. I am not a fan at all of the AD1 stock sounds. e drum handling is great in AD2. AD2 layout is pretty nice and it is easy to zip around and edit drums, etc.

The Kontakt products generally don't respond as great to edrums. I find AD2, BFD3/SD 2.0, and SSD 4 all work great on edrums as remapping is rather easy on all them.

Back to the question, I like EZD2 a bit better than AD2 especially if you have a bunch of EZXs. It's pretty fun putting a song together for a quick demo, etc. I then swap out the sounds for BFD3 and get into it deeper.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

I tried the demo for Addictive Drums 1.5 and 2.0 and in my opinion Native Instruments' drums sound much more realistic, I guess much more velocity layers and as a whole more round robin samples.

macmuse wrote:Loses its file location (can't find file) several times
Never ever EVER happened to me in years of use.

Has happened on my system, no worries though. Did you upgrade both AD and EZD?

Flatout wrote:So, goodbye to XlnAudio forum.
http://www.xlnaudio.com/forum-down
I was wondering about that. Seems to me to be an exercise in expediency. I wonder how much grief they're getting for this 'upgrade?' :roll:

Hmmmmm. I've committed to using AD, have spent a fair bit of dinerii on it. I really hope I don't have to reconsider my decision.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

If you'd like to leave comments and interact with the XLN Staff and other Addictive Drums and Addictive Keys users, please join us on our Facebook page!
That's a terrible idea! Why would I subject myself to 98% social media nonsense to get a few tidbits of real interaction with other users and staff? That's what makes a basic message forum so ideal: a well-structured forum, a responsive staff, and well-behaved forum members is a collective gold mine for everyone involved. Facebook has a different purpose... a more shallow, transient, self-promotional purpose. It's also a good place to Let Everyone Know Your Opinion On Everything, as well as a great place to make fun of/bully/denigrate fat girls.

The should just open an official company forum on KVR, and point everyone here... Keep the Facebook nonsense for those that are addicted to Facebook nonsense... things like marketing spam, "shout outs" to everyone who "stopped by the booth at NAMM", and crap like that.

Or maybe I just don't "get it"? :shrug:
You need to limit that rez, bro.

TWITTER!!!!!!

cuz u don hav 2 spel or any dat sht!

hibidy wrote:TWITTER!!!!!!

cuz u don hav 2 spel or any dat sht!
Again, I ... uh... I have no idea what you just wrote there. I'm seriously in the dark here. Did you just have a stroke? Should I call for help? I'm genuinely concerned for your safety at this point.

He was sarcastic. :D

I know. :)

Is there a way to make AD2 read EZD2 midi?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

You would need to adjust the keymapping in AD.

So far, for all of my plugs from major players, only Spectrasonics and now XLN don't have user forums. I don't know who is making decisions at XLN, but I think they are shooting themselves in the foot. First, a rather weak upgrade with more expensive adpaks, and now no dedicated forum.

Nope. Not impressed, at all.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Instruments”