Addictive Drums 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Addictive Drums 1

I love the new layout and the Fairfax kit.
So far, I haven't encountered any problem.
I'm running it (Win7 64 bit) in Reaper x64, rock solid.

I also purchased the upgrade and chose the Fairfax kit. Good stuff here. I will attest to the improved sound quality for the room mics. I also hear something going on with the cymbals and snare in particular that make them sound better overall. I do have a quick question for those that have AD2 that previously used AD1.

I'm really digging the new transform function for the beats to give them a more human like groove and I want to apply that to some of my previous songs I recorded with AD1. I transferred my presets over and loaded up AD2 but it looks like to get the "transformed" beats to play I would need to delete my drum tracks and record them using the transform feature. Is there a way to "apply" the transform feature to the already recorded drum tracks? Most of these tracks are highly edited midi presets so just going to the original midi preset is not an option. For example I may use a hi-hat groove and some ghost snare hits as an outline and edit the beat around that creating several different beats throughout a song. Thanks!

EDIT: I do see the manual mentions a "cycle" feature to record beats from your DAW back into AD2 but I can't figure out how to do that. I'm assuming that would be the only way to apply the transform feature to beats already in your DAW.

How many specific midi grooves come with the prog ADpack ?

chilln2music wrote:I also purchased the upgrade and chose the Fairfax kit. Good stuff here. I will attest to the improved sound quality for the room mics. I also hear something going on with the cymbals and snare in particular that make them sound better overall. I do have a quick question for those that have AD2 that previously used AD1.

I'm really digging the new transform function for the beats to give them a more human like groove and I want to apply that to some of my previous songs I recorded with AD1. I transferred my presets over and loaded up AD2 but it looks like to get the "transformed" beats to play I would need to delete my drum tracks and record them using the transform feature. Is there a way to "apply" the transform feature to the already recorded drum tracks? Most of these tracks are highly edited midi presets so just going to the original midi preset is not an option. For example I may use a hi-hat groove and some ghost snare hits as an outline and edit the beat around that creating several different beats throughout a song. Thanks!

EDIT: I do see the manual mentions a "cycle" feature to record beats from your DAW back into AD2 but I can't figure out how to do that. I'm assuming that would be the only way to apply the transform feature to beats already in your DAW.
I think you need to export your recorded drum tracks as midi via the daw and then import them into AD's library and do what you want from there.,,

Ok, it seems when XLNaudio refer to a style ie Prog they are describing the kit only and not midi grooves.

topaz wrote:How many specific midi grooves come with the prog ADpack ?

Hello,

I have just purchased AD2 w/ Pop/Rock, and Prog kits and was playing with EZD2, but the demo just expired.

Overall, I think AD2 has more versatility, but EZD2 has the tap2find, which you can either import or tap grooves and it will find pro grooves similar to the one you entered. Also, EZD2 has the song creation features.

IN AD2 I think its possible to do something similar to the tap2find. If you have a midi groove you recorded in your sequencer, all you need to do is export to you AD2 midi library and refresh the library within AD2. Load your groove and select "similar" and it will find grooves like the one you imported.

MY ezd2 demo expired and I'm trying to decide if its worth buying (I have EZD1). Can someone confirm if the song creator is "algorithmic" or "library" based. IOW, when it suggests variations for different sections of your song, does it modify the base groove, or does it load variations from the library? This is important because if it loads them from the library, that means that it probably won't work well with third party midi.

I briefly played with the song creator and the time I tried it, the suggestions didn't seem great, but then I don't have a huge midi library.

Anyway, the real standout feature of EZD2 was the tap2find and I think there is a way to do the same thing in AD2, but you have to tap into your sequencer and export to ad2 library.

I am interested in AD2. But I am not sure what bundle to buy because:
- it does not seem clear as to what MIDI content comes with what Adpak. For eg: the fair fax 1 and 2 bundle mentions nothing about the included MIDI content.

- How many velocity layers (min and max) are there and how many round robins ? Which kit has the most sampling detail ?

Return to “Instruments”