Addictive Drums 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Addictive Drums 1

I would've liked to see features that makes ghost-note programming easier, as well as the ability to build up cymbal crescendos.

In any case, my new Martin D-28 has allowed me time for 'sober, second thought.' After buying that baby, I be broke.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

paterpeter wrote:I suppose it's an extension to/generalization of the concept of trigger sounds in the Metal AdPak, where there was a special "trigger" instrument to add the typical "click" at the beginning of the kick.
The part where it says 'one shot drum samples, etc...' has me interested. Especially what does ETC mean ? :hihi:

As far as I can see from the demo, it's really just a couple of additional "kit pieces" playing different trigger sounds (or white noise):
I couldn't find a way to load your own one-shots.

BITWORD wrote:
paterpeter wrote:I suppose it's an extension to/generalization of the concept of trigger sounds in the Metal AdPak, where there was a special "trigger" instrument to add the typical "click" at the beginning of the kick.
The part where it says 'one shot drum samples, etc...' has me interested. Especially what does ETC mean ? :hihi:
Extra Terrestrial Crap
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aha! :hihi:

So this is
only ENGINE upgrade!!! :dog:
All I get is my adpaks and ad1
updated to AD2!
No new kits? :o

It's 100 euros upgrade if i want Fairfax kit!! :shock:
With 100 eur I can get full Ez drummer 2!!! :-o

Now this EZDRUMMER 2 upgrade seems so much better! :party:

gigadreamer wrote:So this is
only ENGINE upgrade!!! :dog:
All I get is my adpaks and ad1
updated to AD2!
No new kits? :o

It's 100 euros upgrade if i want Fairfax kit!! :shock:
With 100 eur I can get full Ez drummer 2!!! :-o

Now this EZDRUMMER 2 upgrade seems so much better! :party:

´80 euros for an upgrade ??? !!!!

No thanks.

Love AD , but an upgrade at that price is taking the piss !

Well worth the money at 80€, the new Fairfax kit is awesome, and the new functionality works splendidly well. Having more kitpieces is a lot better now.

Nice work, XLN.

I surprising like the new kit preview. I wouldn't have thought I'd think twice about it, but it is pretty handy being able to flip through presets with either the same beat or beats created with the sounds in mind. It is laid out rather well.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

Can anyone confirm that the Rock, Pop, and Prog Kits come with the upgrade? I saw one post saying so, and then another saying not. Seems like a worthy upgrade regardless. A lot of cool sound shaping in this version!

Yes they do come with the upgrade. They split out the original bundled AD1 kits.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

Nice, Thanks for the info!

Reading through this thread so far, I have to say that I'm appalled at the way XLN has been providing next to no information about the various products on offer with this rollout of AD2.

Regulars at KVR can remember when XLN first introduced AD, they did so right here with a very hands on series of posts, tutorials and a very nice demo freebie. The product was, IMHO (and others), quality with some unique features not seen before. KVR was abuzz with chatter about it, and many of us here jumped right on board and have supported XLN since.

Now many of us seasoned users are needlessly scratching our heads trying to figure out what the heck we should be updating with. It's not that we're trying to get something for nothing, and most of the hesitancy is NOT about price. We (well, me, at least) still don't know what we're buying. You'd think SOMEONE from XLN would drop by and spend a few moments answering some very basic questions.

I would have pulled the trigger on this already if I had the appropriate info. Now, the GAS has settled down a bit, and, quite frankly, I'm content to just sit it out until I see some consensus about the details.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Regarding upgrades, it's all clearly stated here:

http://www.xlnaudio.com/upgrade/

Basically if you just do AD2 upgrade, all you get is your ADpaks converted to AD2 format (along with new AD2 presets for those ADpaks) and the new AD2 engine. If you go to Upgrade Offer upgrade, then you can add another ADpak to go along with the upgrade, even the new Fairfax one. And you get 25% discount during summer offer XLN usually does.

So what about the threee new "standard" kits? it's included or not as a replacement of the three older basic kits?
dedication to flying

Return to “Instruments”