Addictive Drums 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Addictive Drums 1

Which kit to start with ? I have EZdrummer 1+2 and some EZXs but always wondered about AD1 now AD2 comes free when you buy a $79 kit ? I mainly do acoustic guitar , bass , drums , and vocals in the singer songwriter and rock genre . Is the Fairfax vol1 kit a good place to start ?

Fairfax sounds best to my ears.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

dusted william wrote:
kbaccki wrote:J I was able to upgrade the 3 ADpaks for $0... .
how?
So I sell off a bunch of AD stuff over the past week, I'm left with three ADpaks... that's it... I go to XLN shop, click on "upgrade" link on one of the ADpaks, it says "Congratulations, you can upgrade for free!". I say, "don't mind if I do", add the free upgrade to my cart, go through the purchase screen to supply my address... next thing I know all 3 ADpaks + 4 MIDI packs (from the original ADpaks) + the original v1 ADpaks are in my account, XLN sends me an email saying "thank you very much", I say to my computer screen "thank you very much", and here we are...

Last edited by kbaccki on Fri May 16, 2014 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

gmontano wrote:Fairfax sounds best to my ears.
+1 sounds pretty good... much more open and organic than a lot of the other stuff, IMO of course...

@ kbaccki

You didn't have to buy anything?

I don't get any links to upgrade my packs.

Thanks for the info.

dusted william wrote:You didn't have to buy anything?

I don't get any links to upgrade my packs.

Thanks for the info.
Dou you also own AD1? If so, that may be why...

too 'rock' flavoured for me - far prefer 'Indie', or even 'Vintage Dry'

jdnz wrote:
too 'rock' flavoured for me - far prefer 'Indie', or even 'Vintage Dry'
Was going to say.. don't think the Fairfax demos do it any favors, but I think you should be able to get a tighter, drier, more intimate sound out of Fairfax as well with proper tweaking and mixing... those gretsch samples are pretty versatile... going the other way -- e.g., vintage dry => Fairfax -- may be much harder if not impossible, not sure... don't own vintage dry...

And can I just say that "single page design" sucks when you have a lot and diverse content to present in a compact fashion.. please, stop with the single page oversimplification unless you really have the content that can use it... :?

my favorite = vintage dry, followed by indie.

I do like the drier drum sounds though.

dw

+ 1 for fairfax

the black velvet is really good too and i find the vintage series (black and blue oyster) are far better sounding in AD 2, still have to look better at the vistalite kit...

at the moment i'am browsing, testing and tweaking through all the different kits i have ( nearly every ad pack)

i still have to made up my mind for a specific favorite kit though,

just for curiosity, is there someone out there who own both AD 2 and superior drummer 2, what are your evaluation between the both?

i have both, and i think superior soundwise is still king but AD 2 is so much more fun to play with, and it does not sound that much worse ;)
what do you think?
Last edited by Limerick on Fri May 16, 2014 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Limerick wrote:just for curiosity, is there someone out there who own both AD 2 and superior drummer 2, what are your evaluation between the both?

i have both, and i think superior soundwise is still king but AD is so much more fun to play with, and it does not sound that much worse ;)
what do you think?
I was going to say AD is much better all round but your second comment is possibly true. But because the SD UI is not to my liking I never got the best out of it. AD on the other hand is easy to use and therefore I can get a sound I am pretty happy with. So I shouldn't say SD is better or worse sounding. Just that because of the interface I personally get better results with AD. Haven't worked with AD2 yet but the download is underway.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote:
Limerick wrote:just for curiosity, is there someone out there who own both AD 2 and superior drummer 2, what are your evaluation between the both?

i have both, and i think superior soundwise is still king but AD is so much more fun to play with, and it does not sound that much worse ;)
what do you think?
I was going to say AD is much better all round but your second comment is possibly true. But because the SD UI is not to my liking I never got the best out of it. AD on the other hand is easy to use and therefore I can get a sound I am pretty happy with. So I shouldn't say SD is better or worse sounding. Just that because of the interface I personally get better results with AD. Haven't worked with AD2 yet but the download is underway.
I have AD2, SD2 & EZ2 & others (GAS!).
SD2 has always been my go to for sound - typically using EZ1, AD1 &/or midi to generate song patterns because of ease of use & less overhead, also sometimes embellishing percussion etc.
I have just acquired AD2 & EZ2 and my initial thoughts are that either of these may provide an alternative to SD2 in terms of sounds - early days yet though I do need to get more more familiar with both.

I was really hoping to narrow my kit down to one or two, then EZ2 and AD2 come out. Is there any consensus so far if you had to buy only one, which would it be?

So far I've got the new Drummer that comes with Logic, EZ1, AD1, Superior, SSD4 lite, (SSD3.5 also in Kontakt, never use) and the stuff that came with NI Komplete though I haven't used it yet.

I'm wondering if these things changed in version 2, because these were my thoughts on using what I have:

AD1: I have less packs for this than EZD, but I have Retro, Indie, Funk, and Jazz. Also some extra MIDI.

Pros: I always thought the brushes and cymbals sounded better than EZD
Liked the flexibility.
It was the only product so is 24 bit, sort of competes more with SD so you're getting the full deal instead of younger brother.

Cons: The browser annoyed me as it was hard to read with the text being so tiny
MIDI file naming more generic than EZD

EZD: I have more packs for this than AD. Classic, Indie, Electronic, Pop, Nashville, Jazz, Claustrophobic, Funkmaster, Vintage

Pros: Easy to use
Can use in Superior
MIDI files named more explicitly

Cons: Cymbals always sounded a bit fake to me
Loses its file location (can't find file) several times
Is really baby brother to Superior versus AD which is the only product.

Logic Drummer:
Pros: Cymbals sound most real to me
Dead easy to create a track

Cons: Move puck to change beats, no real control over what you have in your mind, but great for surprises.

Superior:
Pros: Sounds good but
Con: Not as quick to use

Having the new versions, any thoughts? And also, how does that Grid compare with the Tap2Find? Thanks.

Been playing around with the kits - building various mix and match setups and exploiting the tone shaping a lot, and I couldn't be happier with this upgrade, it's really what I was hoping for. I haven't touched the groove tools though, that will be something to explore later, but over all, everything sounds much better than v1 (not that v1 sounded bad) - it's just a step up. Nice work XLN!

Return to “Instruments”