KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bongos and other percussion

A simple 4OP FM synth! I know it sounds boring but I like 4OP FM synths, so leave me alone :x :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

Bronto Scorpio wrote:A simple 4OP FM synth!
Thats a good idea, actually. Something simple like VOPM, but with a really nice UI and bleeding-edge FM code. That would be highly useful indeed.

Similarly cool would be a complete synthesizer based on oscillator modules like the ones used in Elektrostudios OCET. These things can make such nice sounds, from booming basses to glassy clicks and cracks, jingling triangles, bellsy stuff, disco toms, all sorts of wierd noises and tones, etcetera. I have lost count how often i wished there was a synth featuring these exact oscillators, but in a full blown synthesizer configuration with all the bells and whistles rather than a single-osc single-note drum machine configuration.

Something with loads of randomisation features

Some kind of brass specialized synth. If I want brass I usually end up settling for soundfonts as I find most synth based brass patches don't seem to be very tweakable, the slightest touch and they no longer resemble anything close to brass. I would like a synth with very adjustable brass presets.
--JAIDY
--addicted to VSTs --

A really warm and rich physically modelled Sitar :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ENV1 wrote:
Bronto Scorpio wrote:A simple 4OP FM synth!
Thats a good idea, actually. Something simple like VOPM, but with a really nice UI and bleeding-edge FM code. That would be highly useful indeed.

Similarly cool would be a complete synthesizer based on oscillator modules like the ones used in Elektrostudios OCET. These things can make such nice sounds, from booming basses to glassy clicks and cracks, jingling triangles, bellsy stuff, disco toms, all sorts of wierd noises and tones, etcetera. I have lost count how often i wished there was a synth featuring these exact oscillators, but in a full blown synthesizer configuration with all the bells and whistles rather than a single-osc single-note drum machine configuration.
Just posting to say that OCET is awesome.

Physical modelling engines with flexible randomization features.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

A vst instrument that is capable of hosting third party plugins either efx/instruments and controls linked either manual or modulated.
With the added benefit of loading waveforms/.samples and possibly an improverment over Cubase mashup.

For example the ability to load Diva and Drop with Echoboy within one environment and map associated controls for cross modulation.

I keep my DC12 wishes :
Something like this would be cool :

http://rd.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/ ... 12242-2_39
A de-autotuner would be funny.
A sampler picking randomly samples in a given folder and playing them synced with a rhythmic MIDIin flow.
And this I'll add : open source, for sure.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

androidlove wrote:I need synths that cover the sounds used in the complextro type dubstep. I'm surprised developers aren't focusing on these sounds considering the popularity.
Totally this for me too, please. :)

Virtual Analog Symphonic Cowbell

Another visualization plugin like sound rider: http://www.kvraudio.com/product/sound-r ... ygon-audio

but one that can visualize midi data instead. Maybe even pitch bends, and other data besides the notes who knows?

A synth based on wavefolding, waveshaping and otherwise distorting very simple waveforms like sinewaves, with good modulation options, and the ability to phase distort the waveform and do other changes to it before it hits the distortion section.

It would be either monophonic, or the distortions would be "per voice". Amplitude envelopes between each stage of the distortion would be used for timbral shaping.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Bronto Scorpio wrote:A simple 4OP FM synth! I know it sounds boring but I like 4OP FM synths, so leave me alone :x :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis
You know you can just turn off any operators over the 4 you want to use, don't you?

Return to “Instruments”