Complete synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since I just can't seem to standardize on a single DAW, I can at best use synth presets across two or more DAW's since entire racks are specific to the respective DAW. Hence it would be cool to have all effects built right into the synth so that I am totally independent of DAW's. One click in the patch manager and the fully processed instrument is ready to be recorded...

By complete synth I mean the synth plus at least a built-in equalizer, compressor, chorus (or reverb), delay, arp and a modulation matrix (or simple slots, doesn't matter), which must at least be able to map velocity to all kinds of parameters including envelope attack stages. To prevent people from suggesting Sylenth, it must also have a PW control, sad enough one still has to say so in 2014 8)

I know Spire has all that, Ultra Analog too, maybe Dune 2 as well (Dune 1 already had everything except for the compressor afaik). Element unfortunately lacks the compressor. Are there any others?

Price does not really matter. But it should be the analog synthesis type, not FM, PM or something like that. It should sound good, but I don't need 0df filters and zillion x oversampling. Nor do I care whether or not it sounds authentic like hardware. As long as it sounds good and free of aliasing.
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Have a look at Camel Audio Alchemy. To be independent of DAWs you could also use third party effects rather than the ones that come with the DAW.

Synthmaster, but beware it will give you more than virtual analog :)
Read up on the product page or try it out.

dentnile wrote:Have a look at Camel Audio Alchemy. To be independent of DAWs you could also use third party effects rather than the ones that come with the DAW.

Yes, I know. What I meant is that I want the effects and their specific settings to be save along with the synth preset. Many effect plugins don't even have a patch manager, so I could not save the ideal settings of a compressor and reload them in another DAW. Hard to explain, I hope I have managed to now :)

Synthmaster saves the complete preset, fx included. Now if they could have BigMacs built in.... :)
But I must admit I haven't figured out as yet how to employ and tweak the onboard eq and compressor, but... It is there

thats why i love to use Kore from time to time. at least for all the native instruments synths you are completely DAW independent.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Zebra fits all those requirements... The FX grid means you can do a huge range of fx chains, multiple chains etc... There are a goodly number of FX modules... 2 delays, 2 choruses, 2 compressors, 2 distortion modules, 2 EQ's, Reverb, 3 filters, RingMod, and some mixers... arranged however the user wants

:borg:

Korg Legacy Cell

:borg:

Well, I don't feel like downloading 54 plugins, not only because of my limited Internet access :P

fluffy_little_something wrote:Since I just can't seem to standardize on a single DAW, I can at best use synth presets across two or more DAW's since entire racks are specific to the respective DAW. Hence it would be cool to have all effects built right into the synth so that I am totally independent of DAW's. One click in the patch manager and the fully processed instrument is ready to be recorded...
In my opinion, you're much better off to go with something like MuTools MUX as your intermediary. This gives you the essential nature of Live's Instrument Rack that you can use across any DAW. Build up your sounds from your library of plugins and effects.

ghettosynth wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Since I just can't seem to standardize on a single DAW, I can at best use synth presets across two or more DAW's since entire racks are specific to the respective DAW. Hence it would be cool to have all effects built right into the synth so that I am totally independent of DAW's. One click in the patch manager and the fully processed instrument is ready to be recorded...
In my opinion, you're much better off to go with something like MuTools MUX as your intermediary. This gives you the essential nature of Live's Instrument Rack that you can use across any DAW. Build up your sounds from your library of plugins and effects.
No OSX version of Mux

pdxindy wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
No OSX version of Mux
Which leaves bidule, right? Too bad the user "ui" tools are so bad. Still, I'd go that route before limiting myself to synths that have effects if I didn't want to recreate chains. I can't imagine such a restricted environment. I view this sort of thing as a DAW level construct. At any rate, another option is ImageLine's modular environment that's currently in beta. I haven't checked it out.

Return to “Instruments”