Complete synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oops, sorry, I had not replied to your post, which was unfriendly given its length.

Sounds like a good idea, that Midi channel thingy.
I demoed Sonar, but it did not appeal to me. It was too much somehow, too professional for me.

Meanwhile Mixcraft is about to release a brand new version, and on their forum a beta tester said he is running Element without problems. I guess I will get Element (again :hihi: I wonder what they think of people buying something, selling it, and then buying it again 8) ) as it is the level of features and sound I am looking for.

But Element seems to divide people like few others. Some love it, most seem to hate it, though. Really strange...

fluffy_little_something wrote: But Element seems to divide people like few others. Some love it, most seem to hate it, though. Really strange...
Nowadays i demo stuff first then listen to others for extra reference. For me synth is something personal, only you can decide which one works for you. If you like Element then go for it.
musisikamar.com

I do think that Image Line's MiniHost Modular will work for you. Even though it is beta, it is fairly robust now, and will supposedly remain free. You can load and chain other VST plugins within it, and run MiniHost either as a standalone or as a VST itself within another DAW.

Well, I have similar problem. But for me it mostly related to mixing. I generally Ableton Live, but I prefer to mix in Sonar. However while working in Live I also do some mixing. So when I'm switching to Sonar I have to transfer somehow all my mixing effects (compressors, eq, etc.). I could simply render the tracks to audio, however I usually group tracks in Live and then apply certain effects to the group track. I don't want to render the whole group to on track, so I have to replicate processing chain in Sonar. I found only one simply way to do this: use a chainer. I'm using free Studio Units (http://www.kvraudio.com/product/studio- ... re/details) right now, though I might switch to something new later.
When working in Live I use Studio Units to load mixing effects and then save my processing chain as a preset. When I switch to Sonar I load just load the preset.
Wonder whether my advice worth a penny? Check my music at Soundcloud and decide for yourself.
re:vibe and Loki Fuego @ Soundcloud

Why do you use two different DAW's, both of which are pretty professional and complete? 8)

Just tried to demo Element again, but couldn't, seems that is possible only once. Anyway, so I was reading in the manual, where they list as modulation matrix destinations:

Global Pitch, Osc1 Pitch, Osc2 Pitch, Osc1 PW, Osc2 PW, Sine Mode, Osc FM, Osc PhM, Osc Mix, Sub, Noise, Ring, Portamento, VCF Cutoff, VCF Res, VCF Env, VCF FM, VCF Env Shape, VCA, VCA Env A, VCA Env D, VCA Env S, VCA Env R, VCA Env Shape, Pan, LFO1 Rate, LFO2 Rate, LFO3 Rate, LFO4 Rate, Env3 A, Env3 D, Env3 S, Env3 R, Env3 Shape, Arp/Seq Rate, Arp/Seq Gate, Mod1, Mod2, Mod3, Mod4, Mod5, Mod6, HP, LP, Distortion, Crusher, Delay Mix, Delay Time, Reverb, Chorus

Did they forget to list the individual stages of the filter envelope (as with the amp envelope stages) or are they simply not targets? Sure, it's a bit of a luxury, but still, good synths offer that, Dune and Saurus for instance, if I remember correctly.

No, they didn't forget. But you could always use Env 3 to target filter cutoff, then modulate those stages (though you are using up a slot by doing so).
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

Return to “Instruments”