Looking for a Slicer / FX / Sequencer in One

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Glitch LoopDrive Slicex

My two all time favourite FSU plugins from back in the day used to be Glitch and Loop Drive 4.

Since I have gone 64 bit (Win 8 + Reaper 64 bit), I was hoping to get a 64 bit vst that could do both i.e :

1. Slice and dice loops and allow me to re-arrange the parts in a simple and clear manner in a grid based sequencer ala Loop Drive 4 . Beat / Transient detection would just be supreme.

2. Have step sequencers for FX ala Glitch 2 or Effectrix. Per step basis that ties in with (1) above would be orgasmic.

I have looked at Replicant and Sequent but they dont allow the re-arranginf of the slices in a built in grid based step sequencer (but I could be wrong and would love to be corrected).

Any and all suggestions would be veyr welcome and highly appreciated.

I agree, Loopdrive 4 is very nice :tu:

For a 64 bit slicer, have you checked out Image Line's Slicex?: http://www.image-line.com/plugins/Synths/Slicex/

I have the demo but it looks like it doesnt have a built in slice step seq, nor a fx step seq. Again, please let me know if im wrong in this.

In a showdown , i ended up going with tx16wx for a simple beat slicer ( with megababy as the sequencer ). That thread is here :
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=137005

But i really miss loop drive's grid and would love to have a glitch2 style fx matrix with that.

Use a sampler, Shortcircuit has transient detection. Then the piano roll is your "grid" and you can arrange the hits visually. Then run something like Glitch or Audio Damage Bigseq, or - you get two FX slots for each keygroup in Shortcircuit, plus step LFOs, a modulation matrix, etc..
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:Use a sampler, Shortcircuit has transient detection.
Only problem is that OP seems to be 64 bit dependent, and even though Shortcircuit is excellent, it is only 32 bit.

Numanoid wrote:
Sendy wrote:Use a sampler, Shortcircuit has transient detection.
Only problem is that OP seems to be 64 bit dependent, and even though Shortcircuit is excellent, it is only 32 bit.
see what happens when you go 64bit? you loose all those good ol vsts!
and for what? more ram? 3gb is plenty for most sequencing.

yeah you can use a bridge, but who wants that slop? :dog:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:see what happens when you go 64bit? you loose all those good ol vsts! and for what? more ram? 3gb is plenty for most sequencing.
+1 If I had a choice between going 64 bit or keeping Loopdrive and Shortcircuit, I would choose the latter.

Ah, sorry. I honestly couldn't live without Shortcircuit. Kontakt is technically superior, but the workflow is horrible for quickly getting ideas down. There are other free or low budget samplers out there, but none of them are like Shorty.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Maybe something like Geist could do everything and all? It was on sale some days ago...

+1
Tricky-Loops wrote:Maybe something like Geist could do everything and all? It was on sale some days ago...

don't forget the old CM plug in bundle that has diversion FX.

I think Xfer Nerve can do that to a certain extent. Not cheap, though.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

For what you are talking about Glitch/Slicing etc I use (in no particular order):
Cubase
Lucifer
Glitch Bitch
Tape Stop
BreakTweaker
Stutter Edit
Geist
Maschine
Kontakt

Thank you for the reposnses.

I used to use ShortCircuit a lot, but jumped ship to tx16wx when i switched to 64 bit. Bridging is something i try to avoid as much as I can, and so far Loop Drive 4 is about the only plug-in I really miss.

As I mentioned tx16wx does basic basic slicing just fine, and i re-arrange using megababy sequencer.

I can get basic craziness going with tx16wx's many modulation options (inlc. lfo's, step sequencers ect).

But I would really really love if there was a one stop solution . Basically Beat Drive 4 + Glitch 2 functionalities in a single vsti.

Im curious about Geist though. I know it does the slice + re-arrange in grid thing. Can any users confirm if it has a glitch / fx step sequencer as well ?

Check out Air Transfuser 2

http://www.airmusictech.com/product/tra ... C__oildUaA

For years I have been hunting a slicer that has cool randomizing functions and transfuser 2 does exactly that.

The Slicing is clean, I have a folder of breaks that i use to test slicing plugins and many of them don't have that recycle style quality to them (no clicks and pops) Transfuser sorts that out.

It also has midi drag to host, you can trigger patterns from a midi keyb.

To me it is almost like they listened to requests and added them.

Love it :-)

Return to “Instruments”