I have to get THAT synth...until I own it :(

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OnePingOnly

OMG I have to have own that synth, it's sooo good. Now it sits unused/sold. :dog:

String
Z3ta (1&2)
Phoscyon
Aalto
Dune
Razor
Reaktor
Alchemy

sigh. I'm now eyeing Blue 2, Predator and Sub Boom Bass. :love:

GAS sucks.

The only synth I've ever kept is Massive. Initially because I got it apart of Maschine so I couldn't sell it on but now I find it's my go to synth. Actually I still own Kick and can't see myself ever not needing it.

Heh, I'm a natural born horder :) Funny thing is: I'm using the software plugin "world" as a refuge from my bass guitars GAS :) Doesn't seem to work though :) But I have 2 secret "weapons": my 10 years old computer that can't handle new powerful synths and going freeware :) So far so good :) But I can't believe how picky I can get even when I deal with freebies :) I'm never gonna be well - it's time to accep it ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Well you should probably use some willpower and stop buying synths for a while.

Dune and Razor are both great and between the two of them they cover a ton of ground. Why not just work with those for a while?

stillshaded wrote:Well you should probably use some willpower and stop buying synths for a while.

Dune and Razor are both great and between the two of them they cover a ton of ground. Why not just work with those for a while?
I've already sold them. Dune 2 is approaching release so maybe I'll give it a chance again.

awol9000 wrote:OMG I have to have own that synth, it's sooo good. Now it sits unused/sold. :dog:
I know what you mean. :lol: I guess the cure would be to slim down the arsenal, and concentrate on using what you have and like... difficult enough.

Well I've sold them all except Alchemy and now I'm thinking I could just get along with just the Alchemy player and use the money from Alchemy to buy Predator which I think would be a better fit.

This pattern is how all my other synths went bye bye.

The only soft synth that felt like a must was Alchemy, and it still gets used more than any other.
But the rest were hard to close myself on. Most came by way of a great price or as part of a bundle with a great price. Not so much a 'must have' but more like, 'for that price, sure, why not?'

Now I have a small list of 'must-haves' if I had to re-buy them for some reason.
I have a small list of things I should probably sell.
And I have a list of things that came in a bundle I just put up with owning since the cost of selling the bundle and re-buying what I want is not worth an added expense just to minimize.
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

Wait - you can sell VSTs??

In that case - when I have the money it'd be nice to talk to you about Phoscyon and/or Alchemy sir ;)

I also have a list of NFRs...

BetaAltairVII wrote:Wait - you can sell VSTs??

In that case - when I have the money it'd be nice to talk to you about Phoscyon and/or Alchemy sir ;)
Oh yes most of them. That's where the trouble starts. Sell one to buy another, on and on. great prices used.

awol9000 wrote:
BetaAltairVII wrote:Wait - you can sell VSTs??

Oh yes most of them. That's where the trouble starts. Sell one to buy another, on and on. great prices used.
Of course, many of those become NFR when you buy them used.

BBFG do you know if Alchemy becomes NFR?

awol9000 wrote:BBFG do you know if Alchemy becomes NFR?
No, but the sound sets do. The sound sets can be sold by the original owner once and they become NFR after that.

audientronic wrote:
awol9000 wrote:BBFG do you know if Alchemy becomes NFR?
No, but the sound sets do. The sound sets can be sold by the original owner once and they become NFR after that.
Thanks Audientronic for clearing that up.

Now I think I like Spire more than Predator....easier on the eyes too. :help:

There have been several times where I've bought a new plugin, found it really inspiring, used it in two or three tracks and then I went back to my usual stuff and rarely touched it again.

I usually regret it less than when I buy hardware and don't use it much though.

On that list, I find Razor really useful. Reaktor I think of more as a platform than a synth; I don't do much messing with it directly but it runs other things I like a lot. Alchemy is a workhorse but I don't find myself going to it as much as I could.

I work with about 70% samples and 30% synth, and the synth side is very well covered. I just have to remind myself of this consistently when the next shiny things comes along. Maybe.

Return to “Instruments”