Arturia Spark 2 Software is out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Denis, thanks for your reply. Yes I am referring to upgrade rather than update. I do have a ticket outstanding for this issue - I can't modify my user account address either. I am just concerned an incorrect billing address may cause issues with payment.

Hey,

the newsletter said something about new downbeat kits. where can i find them?

thx!
Finally!

Unfortunately the kits are still not finished.
They should arrive soon.

waiting on the Spark 2 update! Kits sound great though even on laptop speakers. They're just rich and ooze quality. Easy to get them to cut through a mix (sound selection counts too). The included effects are pretty good too.

I would have bought the software of the step sequencer was midi-addressable from non-arturia controllers. Unfortunately you can't midi map the steps and some of the other sequencer functions. I was hoping to buy it to use with my Livid Cntrlr, I don't want to buy another controller to use with just one application.

Here is the list of bugs I found and reported while testing the demo:

MIDI Learn mode can assign buttons with the"Bank" or "Patt." button lit, but the same buttons in "Seq." and "Tune" and "Song" mode can not be assigned. The assignment dialog never shows up.

The "Bank," "Patt," "Seq," and "Tune" buttons can't be assigned, either.

What would work better (as a product suggestion) is for the Bank, Pattern, Seq, and Tune buttons to be selectable, and for the 1-16 buttons to be assigned just once, with their function determined by the currently selected tab, "Bank," "Patt," "Seq," and "Tune."

The "loop on," "erase," and "copy" buttons are assigned by CC instead of note on/off. Note On/Off would be much better for toggling these. Turning a knob as a binary toggle doesn't make much sense.

The response I got back from Arturia support was that "this is not planned for the 2.0.1. We want to improve MIDI mapping for generic controllers so I think this will be done but I can not tell you when, sorry."

Maybe its just me . I load a new project, I can load a wav file, just nothing is heard when I trigger it?

I am triggering with a midi keyboard, channel appears to receive midi but no sound?

I see the waveform in the studio section. Im on studio one.

Also, I loaded up an existing library selection and replaced a sample with my sample, it works. Sounds trigger normally.

Also, whats the quickest way to load a bunch of wavs. I can't drag and drop onto a pad.

It laborous to have to click to selct wave/ start all over at c:/ navigate x amount of folders to your folder, then finally select your sound.

The browse function shoudl remember the last folder you choose from .

Also, Drag and drop is must!

bludreamsounds wrote:Maybe its just me . I load a new project, I can load a wav file, just nothing is heard when I trigger it?

I am triggering with a midi keyboard, channel appears to receive midi but no sound?

I see the waveform in the studio section. Im on studio one.

Also, I loaded up an existing library selection and replaced a sample with my sample, it works. Sounds trigger normally.

Also, whats the quickest way to load a bunch of wavs. I can't drag and drop onto a pad.

It laborous to have to click to selct wave/ start all over at c:/ navigate x amount of folders to your folder, then finally select your sound.

The browse function shoudl remember the last folder you choose from .

Also, Drag and drop is must!
Are you using version 2.01(non beta)?

version 2.0

You should update then.

Necro bump, sorry. I've got an unregistered Spark Dubstep. Been uhm-ming and ahh-hing about installing and reg'ing it. Not sure I'd use it tbh. Can the samples be extracted (is there a wav sample lib somewhere once installed?)? That's the only way I can see myself using it. Any info would be appreciated.

Edit: Nvm, see it requires eLicenser, will definitely NOT be installing it... :roll:
Eternitysound VST Banks

Can Spark 2 host multisampled instruments, i.e., a kick with 20 variations? It'd be super to create and save my own kit from a sampler patch.

DenisArturia wrote:Do you already own any Spark instrument? (Spark Dubstep/Spark Vintage/Spark EDM)

Let's say that you already own Spark Vintage. Then for you the upgrade is 69$.

If you need the EDM expansion on top of it then the cost will be another 29$.
A bit late to the party, but I just got the V Collection 4 and really like Spark 2 which really nail a vintage drum machine vibe with some very cool modern feature.

But I'm not clear about the Expansion Pack:
1. Is this true that Spark 2 includes all the contents from the other Spark series?
T-CM11 wrote:Spark 2 = Spark edm+vdm+ds+more 2
or

2. Do we need to install the other Pack: EDM and Dubstep to get the contents of Spark EDM and Spark Dubstep?

or the contents are different between those.

3. Do we have all the contents of the Spark VDM in the Spark 2?

Thank you for your attention.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Question:
Recently I got Spark 2 second hand. As a bonus (it seems) I also got Spark VDM and now I have the option to upgrade VDM for $20. But I can't find any info on what this upgrade provides. Additionally, there's "No activation currently available" and it's not visible in Arturia Software Center.

Does anyone know what it's all about this VDM upgrade? It's an upgrade to Spark 2 which I already have? To newer version with more content (new engine/samples)? Or it's ancient abandonware?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spark VDM must be something the original buyer bought as an upgrade to Spark 2. I also have Spark 2, but, I don't have Spark VDM.

Well, I think that I will save for crisps and beer those $20. A better deal than updating who knows what :)

Return to “Instruments”