Voted!

Had to score my own track as 1, wasn't automatic - is that right? :oops:

Good luck everyone!

TED209 wrote:Voted!

Had to score my own track as 1, wasn't automatic - is that right? :oops:

Good luck everyone!
You're good to go :)

Voted.

As evidenced by this thread, VOPM was quite a challenge. Between the FM/PM synthesis, VOPM's maddening sliders, and various technical issues, it took some real perserverance. I was personally glad to see any FM-style synth, as subtractive VA synths seem severly over-represented (in general, not just OSC). Anyway, those who staid the course produced really great tracks; was difficult voting this time, with both the quality and diversity of tracks. So, congrats to everyone who completed a VOPM track! For those who found themselves jonesing for a vanilla VA, I made you a meme:
nofilter.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

psmacmur wrote:I made you a meme:
THAT is pretty funny. :)

Voted! A load of great tracks again, it feels tough to vote people lower but some of the tracks were so well produced as well as having great ideas and an array of great sounds you have to differentiate somehow :?

Well done to everyone! :clap:

Is it just me but I feel a little obsessed with VOPM after spending hours tweaking sounds - difficult to stop using it even though it drove me insane!

So I just need to add to my personal TODO and ideas list after listening to all that lot - learn to create usable drum sounds, learn to mix, learn to master, be more creative with panning and filtering, better use of effects, more automation, tempo changes, try different styles .........

Voted.
Well done , guys , for taming the VOPM.
Last edited by ClaRago on Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

v-o-t-e-d
First time I voted with improved system with 5-to-1 fields to drop dragged tracks. It was dead easy!
Had fun, so many intriguing tracks with cool sounds. Greets!
: : vokje : : oxebe : :

I VOTED! :phew:
What a challenge! I scored everyone pretty high for dealing with a stubborn, thin-sounding synth! Great job to everyone!
Recently I just bought a used Yamaha DX27, and I love the sound of it, so I was excited to VOPM as a 4-operator DX-themed synth, but, man, what a different beast! Getting this thing to sound smooth was tough! I had DX patches I wanted to emulate, but it took forever to get there!
But this was fun, and I'm going to try and put out a Swierk track!

Voted.

Really nice tracks this month, and some great sounds dragged out of this synth by everyone.

Voted.

PD: There is a track in the voting page that hasn't name I guess it's Artao - Fuzzadub.

Voted.

Huge amount of creativity on offer this month - well done.

Have to say, if it was this hard to make a track with a modern sequencer, can't imagine how those Sega Megadrive/Genesis programmers managed it all those years back!

Cheers

V O T E D !!

VOTED 8)

J.Ruegg wrote:Voted.

PD: There is a track in the voting page that hasn't name I guess it's Artao - Fuzzadub.
AHHH!!! You're right :o
Dunno what happened. It had a name before .. I have been messing with my name on Soundcloud though, so maybe that messed something up?
At any rate, that doesn't seem like a good thing :?
and it's kinda late to fix it, seeing as voting ends tomorrow.

EDIT:
It is showing up correctly in the lists of tracks on soundcloud and internet archive tho, so that's good

Hey, it's super easy to fix, I sent you a message via Soundcloud. Just click 'apps enabled' in the edit settings of the song :)
artao wrote: EDIT:
It is showing up correctly in the lists of tracks on soundcloud and internet archive tho, so that's good

Return to “Instruments”