One-Synth-Challenge 63: VOPM (Ended)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VOPM

Voting Over - Click Here for the results!

Welcome to the 63rd One Synth Challenge! It's time to vote!
Here's How Voting Works:
  1. 1. Login or Register , and *Read the Rules for voting*
    2. Listen to the amazing tracks of the month, and comment on Soundcloud
    3. All tracks are scored from 1 to 5, by dragging them over.
    4. **YOU MUST give a score to ALL tracks before June 16th, and if you don't vote you are disqualified**
    5. Tell us you voted here in a forum post
    6. If you have problems, let us know :)
    7. Most importantly... have fun!

**MAKE SURE YOU READ THE RULES** | See Contest Page for latest track Submissions, Info, FAQ & More

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Check out this months synth - VOPM FM Synthesizer by Sam:

The above is a custom skin by Jasinski

PRIZES:

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster Factory

Wusik : Wusik 4000

CrimsonWarlock (OSC Member) : Reaper personal License

Balance Mastering : One song of your choosing professionally mastered

MaxSynths : Free choice of either Crisalys, Cryologic, Teutonic Tension or aPiano

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Electric Himalaya : Free choice of one soundset (as sold directly via the website)

Luftrum : Free choice of one soundset for either DIVA, Glass Viper, Roland Gaia SH-01, Animoog or Reason
Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures) Image

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: 2 Soundsets of choice
(Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Ghostwave Audio : 2 Soundsets of choiceImage

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by bjporter on Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:32 pm, edited 33 times in total.

Possibly the deadline for submission is June 1, not May 1.

It isn't just possible, you're correct!

Changed, thanks for noticing. I think it's fool proof now :)

ooooooooooooooooooooh - and NOW you give us a synth for doing cheese???

Gearing up - a family cooperation this time - my daughter will do some composing work and I will get on with sound design, mixing, sound mapping etc ....

Have we had coop like this before?

db

Okay, I know I'm only 20 minutes in, but these sliders are making me scratch my head. They're upside down???! I can get around FM8 pretty well, but this baby is cryptic.

Cool! Ironically, I just spent a couple weeks programming a Yamaha DX27, and I thought I'd take a break from FM syntheis, but this will be a lot of fun! In fact, here's a gi-normous blog I wrote just last week in tribute to our proud FM heritage!
http://relaxedmachinery.ning.com/profil ... old-friend
Good luck everyone!
Last edited by Pulse Width Modulation on Fri May 02, 2014 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hmmmm ....cut my teeth on FM. Yet another interesting choice of synth this month :hyper:

a sega genesis fm-synth for this month's challenge, now we're talking ;)

I LOVE THIS SYNTH, thank you god of virtual circuitry.. we offer our thanks by sacrificing our many hours of sleep, neglecting our familes, avoiding important errands, and eating/drinking on our computer keyboard to provide many OSC entries for your entertainment and ours.

Morning lads!
Maybe this : http://youtu.be/TSe7ZcDOKLQ will be helpful a bit. I found it today.

loris16148 wrote:I LOVE THIS SYNTH, thank you god of virtual circuitry.. we offer our thanks by sacrificing our many hours of sleep, neglecting our familes, avoiding important errands, and eating/drinking on our computer keyboard to provide many OSC entries for your entertainment and ours.
:hihi:

And ... talking of FM, my DX-11 is sitting just next to me ... looking like new, and works great after changing the internal battery (they fail in time just like computer CMOS batts!). Got a genuine Yammy one via eBay - of course!

Yep, 'tis going to be fun, is this!

db

will see if i have enough time to enter this month, should hopefully be able too.

doctorbob wrote:And ... talking of FM, my DX-11 is sitting just next to me ...
I had a DX-7 for a while, before I knew anything about anything. So much hardware has come and gone through my hands... I never knew how to use it. :dog:

Quesiton: does anyone know a free VST to send the MIDI CCs for those hidden parameters? I can't seem to get it working with REAPER's MIDI tools & Bitwig is off the plate for this month, as it doesn't load FXP/FXB (argh!)...

I found a few freeware tools but none of them seem to work for me. Anyone have any other suggestions?

http://www.s-production.de/index_vst.html - S-CC-Init (looks like exactly what I want)

z.prime wrote: Quesiton: does anyone know a free VST to send the MIDI CCs for those hidden parameters? I can't seem to get it working with REAPER's MIDI tools & Bitwig is off the plate for this month, as it doesn't load FXP/FXB (argh!)...
Yes this would be very helpful!

I was thinking of doing a little MaxForLive patch, but that wold only help out Live Suite users....

Return to “Instruments”