One-Synth-Challenge 63: VOPM (Ended)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VOPM

Has anyone figured out how to use this in Logic on Mac? It looks like only the previous version is available for Mac download and that's .vst only. Thanks.

DELETED
Last edited by marks-a-whybikky on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

chilledpanda wrote:could try this, allows you to make a vst with midi controllers http://ctrlr.org/
would means someone would need to create a panel for it
Wow that is a great find, it's like the free and current version of SoundDiver or MidiQuest (that never really worked 100%).

About mapping parameters in VOPM to CC only that's seriously weird, I wonder why. And I still don't get why people need to fuss with plugins etc when every DAW does MIDI CC messages as easy as anything? Am I missing something here?

Am I being stupid - I can't get VOPM to respond to the sustain pedal that all my other VST respond to? I play most of my stuff live into Reaper then edit it so this is going to be a bit annoying..... :? :help:

V'ger wrote:when every DAW does MIDI CC messages as easy as anything? Am I missing something here?
That last bit isn't quite true. For example, Live doesn't seem to be able to address the 126 & 127 slots for some reason in the clip editor - only goes up to 119.
I also didn't quite get the CC lanes working in REAPER (thought I picked the right CC#s, but no effect). Not sure what I did wrong, but I also didn't really want to have to play one of the clips just to initialize the synth or put the CC changes on every clip...

So, I whipped up a very rudimentary ReaJS control for all the CC params. This should work for all REAPER users, or any users on Windows with the ReaJS plugin (e.g. in ReaPlugs). Just download it, save the text file and load it as a new script in ReaJS. Sorry, apparently there's no Mac version of the ReaJS plug? It's working awesome for me but YMMV; hope it helps anyone.

Ah. Sonar does not save the state of this.

Does this mean I have have to save each instance as a patch, make notes on which patch should be loaded into each instance, then reload them all at the start of the next session?
The first thing you learn in life is that you're a fool. The last thing you learn is that you're the same fool. ~ Ray Bradbury.

pmj_rit wrote:Ah. Sonar does not save the state of this.

Does this mean I have have to save each instance as a patch, make notes on which patch should be loaded into each instance, then reload them all at the start of the next session?
If you can use it, the ReaJS script I just mentioned works to restore the state as you'd expect (just need to be able to put it before your VOPM instance in the MIDI signal chain).

Where can I download the Jazinski skin?

thecontrolcentre wrote:Where can I download the Jazinski skin?
It's already part of the DLL linked to on the OSC page. It should look like the picture there.

z.prime wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Where can I download the Jazinski skin?
It's already part of the DLL linked to on the OSC page. It should look like the picture there.
Thanks. Don't know how I missed it :dog:

V'ger wrote:
chilledpanda wrote:could try this, allows you to make a vst with midi controllers http://ctrlr.org/
would means someone would need to create a panel for it
Wow that is a great find, it's like the free and current version of SoundDiver or MidiQuest (that never really worked 100%).
I thought so too, amazing what you find on google with the right keywords, just think for any vst interface you don't like, you can completely rework and skin the interface to how you would like it be, pretty 8) .

z.prime wrote:

If you can use it, the ReaJS script I just mentioned works to restore the state as you'd expect (just need to be able to put it before your VOPM instance in the MIDI signal chain).
Thank you Z.Prime.

So this is a script that Reaper understands?

Sonar does have CAL but I would have have to translate it, which at the moment seems tough since I have never scripted for Reaper. Also I've only done very basic things with cal because the syntax is so weird.
The first thing you learn in life is that you're a fool. The last thing you learn is that you're the same fool. ~ Ray Bradbury.

pmj_rit wrote:
z.prime wrote:

Thank you Z.Prime.

Sonar does have CAL but I would have have to translate it, which at the moment seems tough since I have never scripted for Reaper. Also I've only done very basic things with cal because the syntax is so weird.
Yes, it's for reaper but you can get the reaplugs bundle and load it in to any host with the reajs plugin.

z.prime wrote:
pmj_rit wrote:
z.prime wrote:

Thank you Z.Prime.

Yes, it's for reaper but you can get the reaplugs bundle and load it in to any host with the reajs plugin.
Thank you again. I'll see if I can get it to work.

z.prime wrote:
V'ger wrote:when every DAW does MIDI CC messages as easy as anything? Am I missing something here?
That last bit isn't quite true. For example, Live doesn't seem to be able to address the 126 & 127 slots for some reason in the clip editor - only goes up to 119.
I also didn't quite get the CC lanes working in REAPER (thought I picked the right CC#s, but no effect). Not sure what I did wrong, but I also didn't really want to have to play one of the clips just to initialize the synth or put the CC changes on every clip...

So, I whipped up a very rudimentary ReaJS control for all the CC params. This should work for all REAPER users, or any users on Windows with the ReaJS plugin (e.g. in ReaPlugs). Just download it, save the text file and load it as a new script in ReaJS. Sorry, apparently there's no Mac version of the ReaJS plug? It's working awesome for me but YMMV; hope it helps anyone.
Hm, I just tried CC 126 on a normal midi item here and it worked fine. VOPM went from poly to mono no problem, although I had to go to event list in the MIDI editor as 119 is the last shown in the CC lane in piano roll for some reason.

A dedicated plug like you made is no doubt the best solution (nice work, thanks), but nothing wrong with having MIDI items at the end of the project used to set the synths, I'm anyway quite used that for sysex MIDI items setting up hardware synths which after lots of trying found the easier option than using SoundDiver or MidiQuest which are dedicated MIDI synth setters.

Return to “Instruments”