DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

I have not experienced a single glitch or overload with DUNE 2 (I also have a very powerful PC). Maybe it is related to the DAW software? I have heard some people having issues with Cubase, for example.

Last edited by jsljustin on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just released these 77 free sounds for DUNE2.
https://app.box.com/s/srrf8btp8ipu1vypmbdk
Enjoy.
:)

jsljustin wrote:This is the only synth that gives me glitches.. so in all likelihood it is Dune not Studio One at fault - and it isn't related to buffers or resources, I have tons of RAM overhead and the CPU is not being touched at all relatively speaking..

The overloads again is probably not a daw issue, as the only other softsynth that does it for me, believe it or not, is zebra..

Even with a mastering-grade limiter on the master buss, Dune 2 still overloads my master channel beyond reason. I have already learned to turn off my speakers and engage my overkiller on my interface, don't really like the ridiculous clipping..
Mabye you try to switch off multicore. Dune2 seems to have a problem with mutlicore enabled on my machine too.

Are you sure you're not having an issue with Windows? I have W7 64 bit and my CPU was racing. It was after I bought this sample pack that had loops that had been split into beat divisions with markers and Windows Media Player was trying to find metadata info FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL slice. IOW: about a million slices. This would make the CPU race every time I loaded FL Studio.
Finally fixed this by turning the WMP update thing off. You have to research this because it's in processes menu, but I'm not the only one who's had this problem according to other forums on the net.

voodoo99 wrote: Mabye you try to switch off multicore. Dune2 seems to have a problem with mutlicore enabled on my machine too.
Thanks for the tip, i was having the same problem with my S1. :tu:
musisikamar.com

Last edited by jsljustin on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Everything is quiet in DUNE 2 land...Where are the reviews? Any news from the devs? Anyone with commercial soundbanks incoming? Anything?

Yorrrrrr wrote:Everything is quiet in DUNE 2 land...Where are the reviews? Any news from the devs? Anyone with commercial soundbanks incoming? Anything?
I finished a review of it for SoundBytes magazine, should be published soon. 8)

I'm still deciding if I'll get D2 or not. I remember in the shop there was a bundle for D1 + D2 + EKS for $200. I've just check and it's not there. Am I crazy and it's never been there or it was removed?

If it was removed, was it written somewhere this was only temporary?

Thanks.

There is a bundle for Dune 1 and Dune 2 but it does not include EKS.

If I am not a big user of preset libraries is there any reason to spend the extra to get Dune 1? I tried the Dune 2 demo and am considering buying it.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

xx JPRacer xx wrote:I'm still deciding if I'll get D2 or not. I remember in the shop there was a bundle for D1 + D2 + EKS for $200. I've just check and it's not there. Am I crazy and it's never been there or it was removed?
We have no such bundle. We used to have a Dune 1 + EKS bundle though. :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Ok, thank you Richard, you just confirm that I'm crazy! :ud: :wink:

I have been shopping for a new softie over the last week.

I demo'd Dune2 , watched/listened to CM's 30+ minute first look video, demo'd a couple of other softies on my short list (e.g. Electra 2 and if you can believe it Diva), then bought Dune 2 last night. I didn't buy Dune 1 with it, mostly because I think that Dune 2 will keep me busy for quite a while. There is quite a bit to explore.

I read in the Synapse forums that a wave table creator is is the works. Does anyone know if that will be released to the public? Is the wave table file format published somewhere? It is not in the manual.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

there is a tool in the beta forum (not public) and you can use Audio-term to create wavetable

Return to “Instruments”