DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

@ intro – But i need to know where to install it manually!
Let's talk via PM, it's better.

Potential bug report:

I've noticed something weird. Using modwheel and pitchbend as modulation is very steppy - seems like the value is sampled about 4 times per second and then interpolated. That can give a kinda "squiggly" sound.

Anyone else notice that? Try getting an init patch, then setting pitchbend to 12 and bend up and down rapidly. You'll hear something more like a sample+hold modulation. Try modulating the filter with the modwheel as well. Add a lot of resonance so you can hear what happens.

Note that this isn't a MIDI resolution issue. You can hear it's time-based rather than amount-based.

I've tried the other modulation quality settings and this is unaffected.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Hmm, i'm demoing here and don't understand how to make the second layer produce any sound. Any help, please? Also, with all those layers, how 16 voices polyphony can be enough?

Igro wrote:Hmm, i'm demoing here and don't understand how to make the second layer produce any sound. Any help, please? Also, with all those layers, how 16 voices polyphony can be enough?
You have to increase the number of voices, it defaults to 1 so only one layer. Did you try that?

Igro wrote:Hmm, i'm demoing here and don't understand how to make the second layer produce any sound. Any help, please? Also, with all those layers, how 16 voices polyphony can be enough?
The number of Unison voices and the polyphony are not dependent like in some other synths.
Polyphony will stay the same if you use 2 Unison voices or 8 but the No. of played voices and the CPU use will increase.

If you want to use the second unison voice you have to set the Unison voice count ("Amount" parameter) to at least 2 or more. If you leave this at 1 you will not hear a sound when you e.g. use the "voice solo" for the second voice.

BTW DUNE 2 has 2 FX buses and in the Unison sedction you could set one of those or both ("FX#1" and "FX#2" switches) for each of the unison voices (= layers).

The FXs in the FX chain could be re-ordered with drag & drop (click and hold and then drop to the desired position)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

dentnile wrote:
You have to increase the number of voices, it defaults to 1 so only one layer. Did you try that?
You are right. Thank you. Now i'm thinking if it possible to put filters in serial mode?

Igro wrote:
dentnile wrote:
You are right. Thank you. Now i'm thinking if it possible to put filters in serial mode?
The filter section has a tab for "filter" which uses the "normal" filters and one for "Effect". The Effect tab usually is switched to "OFF" but includes several filters too (with either one or two parameters ; two for combinations of e.g. distortion and a filter).
Like with the FX section/buses (like i explained in my last post above) you could switch the order of the "Filter" and "Effect" tab with using drag & drop (e.g. click on "Effect", hold and drop at the place of the "Filter" tab.

This way it is possible to get e.g. a HPF/LPF combination with a non-resonant HPF and a resonant LPF.
The "Effect" tab also includes a Comb mode which could lead to intersting result depending on the setting of the other filter.

That Effect tab is not identical to the FX section which is located in "FX Bus 1" and "FX Bus 2" at the bottom of the GUI.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Thank you very much Ingo. I thought i don't need any synths anymore :cry:

For me DUNE 2 seems to be perfect for more "digital" or hybrid sounds while for "typical analog" stuff there are maybe better choices (not that DUNE 2 is really bad for that kind of stuff). I am not a big fan of "one synth for all" aproaches anyway.

For doing wavetables scanning synthesis DUNE 2 seems to be perfect, also due the fact that you could import your own wavetables (e.g. done with the "Audio Term" tool).
A great feature is that the "Supersaw" works with allwaveforms including the wavetable mode so you could get some really "big" sounds with that.

Also a multimode filter is not included with all wavedtable synths (like e.g. PPG Wave 3.V or PPG Wavegenerator).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

A short Video that shows how you make Wavetables for Dune2 with AudioTerm and Single Cycle Waveforms.
Many Waveforms are available here.
http://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/wavefor ... waveforms/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8gi_Vb ... e=youtu.be
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

Not worth viewing. They are calling Dune2 a genre-synth only for trance. :dog:

Chris-S wrote:
Not worth viewing. They are calling Dune2 a genre-synth only for trance. :dog:
:tu:
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

musotalk is the biggest crap on earth. i downloaded once their regular german podcast with a few "experts" talking about different music/production related things. after the third episode i gave up: sorry to say that but they are ridiculous.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:musotalk is the biggest crap on earth. i downloaded once their regular german podcast with a few "experts" talking about different music/production related things. after the third episode i gave up: sorry to say that but they are ridiculous.
Thx for the warning... ;)
PietW. wrote:A short Video that shows how you make Wavetables for Dune2 with AudioTerm and Single Cycle Waveforms.
:tu:

PietW. wrote:A short Video that shows how you make Wavetables for Dune2 with AudioTerm and Single Cycle Waveforms.
Many Waveforms are available here.
http://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/wavefor ... waveforms/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8gi_Vb ... e=youtu.be
The combinatin of DUNE 2 and Audio Term seems to be very powerful indeed.
Already packed many of my own single cycles (e.g. done with DNR Wave Designer) into wavetables.
Also checked the import of longer samples which could be interesting but at the moment maybe not as useful as using the single cycles. When using Samples (either the full one or a part) Audio Term could do resyntheis to pack this into 33 single cycles that could be used for wavetable scanning. AFAIK Kriminal has posted demos here uing this feature.

Next step i'll try is to do wveforms in Audio Term "from scratch" whih is possible with an additive like editor, free drawing or a combination of both). Piets previous video seemed to be about this.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”