DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

pdxindy wrote:
fisherKing wrote: you're missing the whole point: you either deal with the constraints of a situation...or don't. if you can't work with a 30-day demo, it's your issue...not the developers. you can live in the real world, or imagine one that more suits your needs. whatever makes you happy...
I can't speak for anyone else, but just because I point something out that is not ideal for me, does not automatically mean I consider there to be an issue or any blame to be assigned or that I am directly attempting to change it.

I like to test a synth without coming to a quick conclusion. I also like to have conversations without quick conclusions of who is right or wrong cause often nobody is.

i thought we were past this already... if you're pointing something out on a forum like this, you're looking for responses. anyway, no right or wrong, just opinions...so maybe time to let it go? :D
i will anyway... 8)

Speaking of looking for responses:
Teksonik wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Is anybody using DUNE 2....demo or full version....in Windows 7 64 bit, Cubase 7.0.7. 64 bit ?
Again.......Some one has reported issues with "ASIO Spikes" at the Synapse forums so I wonder if anyone else has this same setup.......
:)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

pdxindy wrote: I can't speak for anyone else, but just because I point something out that is not ideal for me, does not automatically mean I consider there to be an issue or any blame to be assigned or that I am directly attempting to change it.

I like to test a synth without coming to a quick conclusion. I also like to have conversations without quick conclusions of who is right or wrong cause often nobody is.
if you set your system time back the 30-day demo works again. it's a simple system time checker. isn't that great from the dev? :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Sure, that works with most 30-day trials, if you don't mind to have an incorrect system time and don't use automatic sync via the internet. FWIW it would be easy enough to check the actual time e.g. by pulling it from the internet, but I'm sure some users would not like this, as they have no idea what data is being transferred. Anyway the 30-day restriction is not hugely important since the demo cannot save, cannot automate and comes with a limited selection of presets only. The idea is mostly to make it clear that the trial is really intended for evaluation only, and not permanent usage. ;)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

BBFG# wrote:
chk071 wrote:30 days of unrestricted use is extremely generous, considering there's plugins which have a 10 minutes time limit every time you load it, or feature some noise every 10 seconds. As been said, mainly your own mistake when you activate the demo when you know you'll be pretty busy the next month. No dev can be held responsible for your own time management. :P
I actually prefer the ten minute each session demo over a specified amount of days. And in relationship to Synplant, which gives you 'x' amount of days but only counts them down with each opening, that is optimal. Then at least, you get 30 actual days of the instrument, regardless of how long it takes you to reach them.
Right, a few other devs do that too. Very nice.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

BBFG# wrote:
I actually prefer the ten minute each session demo over a specified amount of days. And in relationship to Synplant, which gives you 'x' amount of days but only counts them down with each opening, that is optimal. Then at least, you get 30 actual days of the instrument, regardless of how long it takes you to reach them.
I totally agree. I installed the HalionSonic 2 demo, had other stuff that took up my time for over a month, and then couldn't try the demo again, and I don't think I'd even tried it when I first installed it. Now I can't try the demo any more, even after reinstalling it. So a lost sale from me.

Teksonik wrote:Speaking of looking for responses:
Teksonik wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Is anybody using DUNE 2....demo or full version....in Windows 7 64 bit, Cubase 7.0.7. 64 bit ?
Again.......Some one has reported issues with "ASIO Spikes" at the Synapse forums so I wonder if anyone else has this same setup.......
Once again is anybody using DUNE 2 with Cubase ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
Just testing the Demo and playing one instance polyphonic with two hands but without trying to push the plug to its limits.
After half an hour there are only a few Asio spikes but without any crackles.
This is the kind of spikes that often occur in Cubase with many other plugs too.
My specs are different than yours (see signature)

Best regards
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

Argghh… my demo expired when I was comparing it to Saurus. Which I just downloaded the demo of… Ha! Well, I have to say they both sound really good. I was surprised that Saurus sounds were so complex. I can't remember demoing it before. Hmmm… Fathers Day, who can I hit up for a synth...

Teksonik wrote:Once again is anybody using DUNE 2 with Cubase ?
We have multiple installations of Cubase (6 & 7) on both Windows 7 and OS X, all working fine :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

teacue wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
Just testing the Demo and playing one instance polyphonic with two hands but without trying to push the plug to its limits.
After half an hour there are only a few Asio spikes but without any crackles.
This is the kind of spikes that often occur in Cubase with many other plugs too.
My specs are different than yours (see signature)

Best regards
Yes, with the normal presets the spikes are just spikes for me, too. There are glitches in the ASIO processing but it is just short before a dropout.

But if I increase the overall ASIO load, either by adding some other FX plugins, or by increasing unison and polyphony to max values, then the spikes result in dropouts.

CableChannel wrote:Yes, with the normal presets the spikes are just spikes for me, too. There are glitches in the ASIO processing but it is just short before a dropout.

But if I increase the overall ASIO load, either by adding some other FX plugins, or by increasing unison and polyphony to max values, then the spikes result in dropouts.
I tried again with two presets that are mentioned as critical on the Synapse forum: Ice Crystal AZ and Blue Pigments KS.
These presets already make use of internal Dune FX.
I played 8 Voices chords with repeated notes and very quickly and I got no Asio spikes at all.

Of course I could try to push the synth to extreme and as you mention add so external FX, but I can assure you that this way any synth on my system will produce drop outs ;-)

In conclusion at the moment on my system and under regular playing conditions Dune 2 seems to work flawlessly and the occasionals Asio spikes are not a problem.

Best regards
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

fisherKing wrote: you're missing the whole point: you either deal with the constraints of a situation...or don't. if you can't work with a 30-day demo, it's your issue...not the developers.
That's just not true. A time limited demo simply isn't wise on the part of a developer and it is an issue for them. It can only result in lost sales. There have been several plug-in demos I've downloaded and perhaps tried for a few minutes but gotten too busy to come back to it and give it a fair shake. Many times the demo period has passed and I didn't have the chance to try it again. Is it the developers fault that I was too busy to try it properly? No. But it's his fault the demo timed out after 30 days when there are many other options for demos.

And why would someone not voice their concerns about this? Why would a dev not want to hear the opinion of a potential customer where the issue possibly prevents a purchase? Every should just make time and shut up about it? If I were a dev I would hope my potential customers did not take your advice.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
fisherKing wrote: you're missing the whole point: you either deal with the constraints of a situation...or don't. if you can't work with a 30-day demo, it's your issue...not the developers.
That's just not true. A time limited demo simply isn't wise on the part of a developer and it is an issue for them. It can only result in lost sales. There have been several plug-in demos I've downloaded and perhaps tried for a few minutes but gotten too busy to come back to it and give it a fair shake. Many times the demo period has passed and I didn't have the chance to try it again. Is it the developers fault that I was too busy to try it properly? No. But it's his fault the demo timed out after 30 days when there are many other options for demos.

And why would someone not voice their concerns about this? Why would a dev not want to hear the opinion of a potential customer where the issue possibly prevents a purchase? Every should just make time and shut up about it? If I were a dev I would hope my potential customers did not take your advice.

utter bollocks

you have 30 full days to try a demo, if you are too busy, tough shit, stop moaning, its plenty of time....and FYI, it doesnt just mean lost sales, having a 30 day demo results in SALES :roll:

serioulsy....'oh the dev only gave me 30 days, its all his fault' ....pathetic :roll:
Last edited by Kriminal on Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kriminal wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:

utter bollocks

you have 30 full days to try a demo, if you are too bust, tough shit, stop moaning, its plenty of time....and FYI, it doesnt just mean lost sales, having a 30 day demo results in SALES :roll:

serioulsy....'oh the dev only gave me 30 days, its all his fault' ....pathetic :roll:
:tu:

Return to “Instruments”