DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

I haven't managed to get the filters scream.

Igro wrote:I haven't managed to get the filters scream.
What do you mean by the filter screaming?

Yorrrrrr wrote:
Igro wrote:I haven't managed to get the filters scream.
What do you mean by the filter screaming?
Reso Max with low LP4.

Scream?
https://soundcloud.com/blue-eyedblondea ... soundtrack

Sallen key is best for screaming, and try to reduce or increase drive knob for scream "taste", it best works when you reduce it.
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

Haha, now I understand. This synth is incredible.

Wow, that's cool. thanks.

Now the only thing i'm missing is a Global filter.

Igro wrote:Now the only thing i'm missing is a Global filter.
When you use the filter with ALL unison voices selected it is a global filter. Do you mean some sort of Sylenth1-like filter control?
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Thu May 22, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yorrrrrr wrote:
When you use the filter with ALL unison voices selected it is a global filter. Do you mean some sort of Sylenth1-like filter control?
The problem with that is, when you touch the filter knob in "all", all filters are set to this position. Would be nice to have a second filter after all the voices, which is independent of the voice specific filters.

larsomat wrote:
Yorrrrrr wrote:
The problem with that is, when you touch the filter knob in "all", all filters are set to this position. Would be nice to have a second filter after all the voices, which is independent of the voice specific filters.
BTW...that type of function (of a "filter control"), I think it can be easily created in the mod matrix. For example, set a "Const" as source, and the "filter cutoff" as destination...now you can freely play with the amount (AMT) in the mod matrix...The filter cutoffs will proportionally offset, but their respective set positions won't be touched at all.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Thu May 22, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 11 times in total.

larsomat wrote:
Yorrrrrr wrote:
Correct, exactly this. They could add the filter into FX EQ module, there is enough free space.

I'm starting to like the supersaw in Dune 2. Wasn't too keen of it at first, but the "Low Cut with Key Track" filter fx actually makes a huge difference.

Lot's of small details to learn here.

Been experimenting some TB sounds too with the acid filter. I like the fact that Velocity to vol/pan/filter/env are easily accessible on the settings page and they don't require going to mod matrix. Accents for example can be easily done this way.

Finally had a moment to test the Dune 2.02 demo and love what I hear!

[SOLVED, I think -- see my next post] I am getting that continual clicking / popping some are reporting. It sounds like ASIO spikes, but there are no spikes being registered by Cubase. No spiking is visible in Task Manager, either. I've tried enabling/disabling multithreading in Dune, no difference.

The popping / crackles are audible from the Dune outputs, themselves. If I put a filter on after Dune, I can low-pass the clicking sounds. Doing this also makes them easy to hear. So it's audio, whereas ASIO spikes are sort of outside the signal path (I suspect, correct me if I'm wrong).

Typically, in a situation like this, I'd expect to see at least one core maxed out -- not so here.

Swapping in any other synth, on the channel, exhibits no problem. E.g., a CPU-taxing Lush-101 instance.

Cubase 7.5.20 x64
Win 7 x64 (a clean, optimized and dedicated DAW-only rackmounted build)
i7 4770K @4Ghz, 16GB DD3
ASUS Maximus VI Gene Mainboard
Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Nvidia GTX 760 S
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40

Latest drivers and updates for everything.

I hope a resolution can be found, cuz I want this in ma' bella'. :help:
Last edited by jalcide on Sat May 24, 2014 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

What's your buffer size setting? Also, do you get this clicking on some specific patch or in general on any patch you play?

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Thanks, Richard. 2048, at the moment. I think it's most patches, but not all. I'll test again to confirm. I'll also test in a fresh, empty project.

[SOLVED, I think] Sorry for the possible false alarm.

It's not happening anymore, and I can't reproduce it. It must have been a strange thread assignment, or something.

I'm going to buy it to keep a close eye on it. :hihi:

Really great synth, Richard.

Return to “Instruments”